PDA

View Full Version : favourite non-FF FF

Wyndham
Aug 29, 2006, 06:26 PM
last one

Eihwaz
Aug 29, 2006, 08:21 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I do believe I have literally spent more time playing that one game than any other singular game in my entire video game library. Last time I checked, I was clocked in at over 90 hours, and getting progressively closer to 100.

The game's just awesome. The story is interesting, if a bit cliche and childish. Most of all, it's addictive and enjoyable. The game is digital crack, pure and simple. Just writing this has got me wanting to go raise my Clan's awesome power even higher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

CupOfCoffee
Aug 29, 2006, 08:31 PM
Have you played the original Tactics, for PSone, Eihwaz? I've never met anyone who's played both and preferred Advance, so if you haven't ever tried the "grownup version," I'd reccomend it. It's just an amazing game and story.

Dre_o
Aug 29, 2006, 08:40 PM
Tied between Chronicles and Tactics Adv. I chose Chronicles simply cause it can get pretty damm hard.

EDIT: Having 2 teams worth of LV 50 Viera doesn't help Tactic's case http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Not to mention a rather powerful mix team. But I love my bunny girls. Ever had an entire team Concealed? It's a gaggle full of fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-08-29 18:42 ]</font>

PJ
Aug 29, 2006, 09:27 PM
Of those, I've played Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles

CC was the most boring thing I'd ever had to endure

Tactics Advance was... I like it, but I just can't get into it. I have maybe 2 or 3 hours on my file, and I've had the file for months.

Saiffy
Aug 29, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-08-29 18:31, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Have you played the original Tactics, for PSone, Eihwaz? I've never met anyone who's played both and preferred Advance, so if you haven't ever tried the "grownup version," I'd reccomend it. It's just an amazing game and story.

I much prefered the handheldness of it all. FFT was a great game, but it felt more like a job playing it. FFTA was just...on the go, sorta thing.

So I have to say of this list, FFTA

Dre_o
Aug 29, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-08-29 19:27, PJ wrote:
Of those, I've played Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles

CC was the most boring thing I'd ever had to endure

Well I must ask you something, did you play it alone? If so, YES TO HELL IT'S BORING. But in multiplayer....well, I'll let you guess.

Polly
Aug 29, 2006, 10:44 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics. I got a max timer'd 999 hour file on that game x( Shit's ridiculous.

PJ
Aug 29, 2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah Dre, I played it multiplayer

The only fun time was when we were in the middle of the bossfight, and my friends battery died on his SP, we we paused the game, charged it up for 5 minutes, then finished the boss. It was good times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DezoPenguin
Aug 29, 2006, 11:52 PM
The original Tactics. Great stuff, brilliant intrigue, wonderful characters, awesome game system, pretty good music too. The only reason it's not among my all-time favorite games (FFT is a four-and-a-half-star game IMHO) is the way in the fourth chapter I always end up taking about twenty to thirty hours off doing the Deep Dungeon sidequest, finishing off the town jobs, raising rare monsters for pelts, and leveling up the latecomer NPCs so that they'll be useful.

That and Cidolfas Orlandu is the fragging definition of "badass."

Otis_Kat
Aug 30, 2006, 01:01 AM
FFTA because because it's the only one there I've played fully*

Well 299/300 quests completed. I acadently threw out the item I needed to do the last mission I had to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Feelmirath
Aug 30, 2006, 07:03 AM
Crystal Chronicles is one of my favourite games of all time <3

I like Tactics Advance too, 300/300 HOOO~

Eihwaz
Aug 30, 2006, 05:27 PM
On 2006-08-29 18:31, CupOfCoffee wrote:

No, I haven't.

I've been meaning to, as the original sounds very amazing. The story sounds very interesting (it involves religious conflict and such, right?), and it does indeed look pretty interesting.

I think I had the ISO of it on my hard drive a while ago, but I couldn't exactly get it to work for some reason or the other...I should try getting it again.

Squall179
Aug 30, 2006, 06:18 PM
Definately CC for me.

I dunno, but I find having a multiplayer game of it to be rather fun

REJ-
Aug 30, 2006, 11:02 PM
Wasn't Secret of Mana the same game as Final Fantasy Adventure, but re-named? If it is, then I chose that one.

SubstanceD
Aug 31, 2006, 02:50 AM
I voted for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I enjoyed playing Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1 alot ( there is no denying that it is an awesome game ), sadly I am not all that big on strategy games.

I had alot of fun playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube. There were alot of things about the game I did not like but overall it is my favorite non FF, FF.

Guntz348
Aug 31, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-08-30 21:02, REJ- wrote:
Wasn't Secret of Mana the same game as Final Fantasy Adventure, but re-named? If it is, then I chose that one.

FF Adventure was actualy Secret of Mana 1. The game for SNES, Secret of Mana, was actually SoM2. Secret of Evermore was Square USA trying to prove they could make a game at the calibur of Square Japan. They failed. Miserably. Secret of Mana 3 or Seiken Densetsu 3 was actually the third game in the series. This one was released in Japan only. And yes I own the import cart for SNES, actually beat it too. That game was pretty tough with out being able to read japanese, and with out the internet. Oh and I pick the FF:L series for the original Gameboy =D

GreenArcher
Sep 1, 2006, 11:42 AM
Final Fantasy: Legends.
Wow, I go back with that series.
Being about 7 years old, I picked up Final Fantasy Legends 2, not ever have played an RPG game before.
Anyone whose played FFL2, I somehow managed to get up to Odin without ever equipping anything, and with an all Mutant M Party. I played through the game a few years ago, and had some nostalgic laughs at myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SubstanceD
Sep 4, 2006, 03:15 AM
That's really impressive. Final Fantasy Legends 2 was the very first Squaresoft game I ever owned. It was also the the very first rpg I ever played thouroughly and the very first rpg I ever completed so it will always hold a very special place in my heart.

On 2006-09-01 09:42, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Final Fantasy: Legends.
Wow, I go back with that series.
Being about 7 years old, I picked up Final Fantasy Legends 2, not ever have played an RPG game before.
Anyone whose played FFL2, I somehow managed to get up to Odin without ever equipping anything, and with an all Mutant M Party. I played through the game a few years ago, and had some nostalgic laughs at myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mixfortune
Sep 4, 2006, 02:36 PM
Final Fantasy Legends 2 was my favorite of the three. But I hated eating some uber meat in the last zone and turning into something lame like a low level ghost or ooze. And so many times I'd forget and equip the Glass sword to a robot and have it drop down to 0 charges.

Arsenal rocked me when I was little http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PandaMasterX4
Sep 4, 2006, 02:36 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics was by far the best FF not in the chronological series. Honestly, it's far better than 8-12.

RoninJoku
Sep 5, 2006, 11:53 AM
FFT with FFCC close behind... Damn, back in high school myself, my brother, and 2 of our friends played that game for practically 72 hours straight sprawled out in my family room before my mom got mad because we all hadn't showered since the madness began and told my friends they had to go home! Which was way out of character for all of us... That game was crack!