PDA

View Full Version : Attack Combinations

Kay_Richter
Nov 2, 2002, 05:42 AM
Personally, I've always wanted more diverse combo strings. I'm tired of the same three-four plus hit routines regardless of attack power, I don't even need the sound effects, it's so monotonous it's become muscle memory. Instead of having weapons that hit all targets or just one, there could be combinations that do either with unique levels of success. For example:

Saber: Light>Light>Hard = would result in a spinning action that would hit multiple opponents around the gamer. The down side would be that it would take time to execute and because it was preceded by two light attacks you may not have enough space to perform the attack before being countered.

Saber: Hard>Light>Light = could be just like the standard combo with the exception that the last attack could strike in an arch that would hit multiple enemies in front. It wouldn't do much damage but it would still be of some use when you were being surrounded.

Sword: Hard>Light>Special = would produce the standard sweeping swings followed by a linear stab that would end in a special jumping overhead slash. The initial swing would knock many enemies away while the following light and special techniques would hit a single opponent and hopefully inflict a special condition.

Sword: Light>Light>Hard = Two light multi hitting swings that followed with a powerful overhead strike to a single opponent. The first two attacks would ward off anything to the sides while the final attack would be aimed at the target directly in front for considerable damage.

You could go on and on with all the weapons but I'd also like to see differences in technique between genders and race/species. Such an option would provide near limitless customisation and tactical planning on behalf of the gamer as it would no longer be a matter of just "stats" but also "skill" and a knowledge of your chosen character that diminishes the higher you ascend in level.

Of course, this would greatly increase development but think of the possibilities. Your thoughts please.

Gazebo
Nov 2, 2002, 11:29 AM
that would be cool if you could charge your shots on your guns and stuff.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Agent_Reav
Nov 2, 2002, 11:53 AM
I always wanted to charge up my rifle, megaman style. And I also think that they should include secondary firing modes... Like the Link gun in Unreal Tournament 2003; You can fire it rapid fire to damage enemies but u can also fire it as a constant beam that can either damage enemies more or can be used to charge an ally so his Link Gun beam is stronger (ala Ghostbusters).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-11-02 08:54 ]</font>