PDA

View Full Version : What to hunt for my support/melee FOmarl?

Phaze37
Aug 31, 2006, 05:29 PM
I recently started a FOmarl after getting tired of my FOnewm, and so far I'm liking her alot more than my FOnewm. I created her after learning about damage cancel and discovering that building a FOnewm for nuking was a bad idea. She's level 83 and in online ultimate she does pitiful damage and can barely hit anything. Even though she's primarily a support character I want to be able to dish out some physical damage once all the support has been taken care of. Here is the equipment I usually equip on her:

RED SABER + 70
Charge Vulcan + 9 w/ 50% hit
SOUL EATER + 9
BRINGERS RIFLE + 9
REVIVAL GARMENT
ATTRIBUTE WALL
God/Arm
Wizard/Technique
God/Battle
Cure/Paralysis

In lower difficulties I use a double saber + 35 with no hit, but it never hits anything in ultimate.

My characters and their levels and IDs are in my signature at the bottom of this post. I've never used a Melee force before, so I'm not sure what to hunt for. Does anyone have any recomendations? Keep in mind that since PSU comes out in two months I don't really want to have to level up anyone except my FOmarl so I have to be able to hunt what I need with my characters at their current level. I'm more concerned with weapons than armour.

OneandtheSame
Aug 31, 2006, 05:39 PM
It might be a good idea to ditch the cure/paralysis. It isn't too terribly useful, as long as you remember to buy antiparalysis. Getting rid of the Wizard Technique might also be a good idea. Instead, replace both with God/Arms (or the best accuracy unit you can find). Doing so would likely make you much more potent in Ultimate. With two extra God/Arms, you're accuracy would be close to what it normally would be at level 110 with your CURRENT setup.

REJ-
Aug 31, 2006, 08:47 PM
If she's really a melee Fomarl, then you could get her an inferno bazooka

DonRoyale
Aug 31, 2006, 09:20 PM
Branch Of Paku Paku. Make her support even more broken.

sprky585
Aug 31, 2006, 09:23 PM
i really didnt read all the posts but from the look of things you need to get a rainbow baton for melee and marinas bag, i think Ramarls can use those IIRC

Psyclone
Aug 31, 2006, 10:14 PM
NVM

I shoulda read the Title and post better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psyclone on 2006-08-31 23:31 ]</font>

Nilot
Sep 4, 2006, 05:20 AM
If you want her to melee then put on 3 /power and 1/arm saber types are always pretty reliable with damage and decent range

Feelmirath
Sep 4, 2006, 05:33 AM
Shame you're not on BB really, Vivienne was practically invented for FOmarl use >_>

As far as equipment goes, you might want to try hunting a Soul Banish (which is basically a better Soul Eater with a worse special).

Comboing Rabarta and that Bringer's Rifle special is very effective, too.

phongi
Sep 4, 2006, 06:48 AM
Support?
Psycho Wand all the way! (Although I never got one myself, they're still awesome)

Melee?
Well....yea....Vivienne was made pretty much for FOmarl......so....ABUSE S/D/J/Z

Feelmirath
Sep 4, 2006, 07:12 AM
On 2006-09-04 04:48, phongi wrote:
Support?
Psycho Wand all the way! (Although I never got one myself, they're still awesome)

lawl, that doesn't boost support techs >.>

Glide Divine boosts j/z range
Striker of Chao boosts s/d range
Marina's Bag boosts resta range (maybe anti too, not sure about that)

phongi
Sep 4, 2006, 07:15 AM
On 2006-09-04 05:12, Feelmirath wrote:

On 2006-09-04 04:48, phongi wrote:
Support?

lawl, that doesn't boost support techs >.>

Glide Divine boosts j/z range
Striker of Chao boosts s/d range
Marina's Bag boosts resta range (maybe anti too, not sure about that)

So...it does up MST right?
Blast everything with Lv. 30 techs so you don't have to!

why is this in General?

Feelmirath
Sep 4, 2006, 08:42 AM
That's not what support means.

Supporting is s/d/j/z, resta and anti. An MST boost will do nothing to improve these (with the exception of resta).

Teching things to death in a team is usually damage cancel, anyway >_>

whiteninja
Sep 4, 2006, 08:54 AM
Psycho Wand effectively doubles your TP. That does help.

To the OP:
- Magic Stone "Iritista": get one, and combine it with a 50h Slicer from the shops. You will be happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
- Inferno Bazooka with hit%: 30 or more would be nice, Pinkal drop in Ultimate Forest.
- Red Handgun with hit%: Purplenum droprate... go for 30hit or more, if you don't, you may as well use the Bringer's.
- God/Battle: Redria Forest, best item ever.
Are you online or offline?

xxTrystanxx
Sep 4, 2006, 09:07 AM
I'm not convinced on ditching the Cure/Paralysis. I use them on all my fleshies particularly in Ultimate Temple. (though once you get to lv. 140, Sacred Cloth can be worn, and then you have built in Cure/paralysis)

God/Battle is a must for any character that wants to smack things. And it's almost a must for improving on FOmarls somewhat slow animations.

Although it's not truly a melee weapon, I like Holy Ray. The special is useful as a mini -Spread Needle -- sure it hits only one at a time, but it's still useful for getting a hit in, and helping your team.