PDA

View Full Version : Katanas and Orotiagito

Kio
Aug 31, 2006, 08:11 PM
Well, i'm mentally preparing myself to go hunting for an Agito (1975) katana so change it into an Orotiagito.

First of all, is this a good idea? 1/22 off a rare monster (hunting with Whitill...Bluefull if necessary) isn't the greatest of odds, but with a few days of piping in Waterfall Tears I should have it.

Second...How to katanas handle? Is it like a sword where you can take on a crowd, or a saber where your forced to fight one opponent at a time?

Anyway, thanks for any help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Aug 31, 2006, 08:30 PM
Katanas are like a variant saber, unfortunately- they hit one enemy three times.

I won't lie- the '75 Agito/Orotiagito aren't THAT usable in regular game, same as any saber/katana- they are outclassed in usefulness by things like Daggers, Twin Sabers and Twin Swords, which strike the same enemy more than 3 times.

However, the game is still playable with a katana, and I find them quite fun weapons to play around with. Of the katanas, the Orotiagito is very strong, although its special attack is nicer looking than it is dangerous.

If you want an idea of what to expect, I'd suggest getting a character with the right ID into VH Mines, and find a 2001 Agito (one of the fakes). Have a play around with it, and see if you like the animation. If not, don't bother with the '75. If you do like it, go- pipe Mils http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As a sidenote, I got my found '75 Agito from a Whitill Mil Lily, but mine was a totally random drop, not hunted for. If you want to hunt it offline, I'd suggest either Whitill Waterfall Tears (pipe in the room you can get 9 Lilies in), or alternatively Pinkal Fake in Yellow (1/22, Pal Rappy).

The Bluefull drop (correct me if I'm wrong, I believe it's a 1/28k Tollaw drop?) is gettable, but moreso online, where Lost Heat Sword has 40 or 50 of them a run. Offline, you have Soul of a Blacksmith. Offline though, I'd probably be in favour of the Mil Lily drop, or the Pal Rappy one.

Good luck.

Kio
Aug 31, 2006, 08:45 PM
Well, at the very least, it will be able to replace my God's Hand, which I use when my sword just isnt working well (I really should look into replacing Lost Survivor @_@).

I think i'm just gonna go for it...Even if I don't like it i'll either keep it to look cool (I love katanas) or trade it online. I imagine someone would want one...

Yea, the bluefull one is rather rediculous, and, being offline only, I'm going for the Mil Lily. That involves getting my brother's character to around maybe 100 and loading him up with Resists but multi mode should speed it up a bit.

Thanks for the help Uriko http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shark_1291
Aug 31, 2006, 10:31 PM
i have sange ( a katana) its my only katana, katanas are okay i dont really like them i use demolition comet and chain sawd then always keep a bravace handy. but from what i see in sange i dont know if agito 1975 would be that great.

Splash
Aug 31, 2006, 11:34 PM
Sange itself is not that good. Combined with Yasha...it's a whole different story.

Agito 1975, off a rare enemy with 1/22 drop rate, you will pretty much be disappointed if you don't get one in 20 Mil Lilies. Finding a rare enemy is hard enough, a 1/22 drop rate is not good for a rare enemy. If you pipe for that long, I am absolutely certain your GC will break.

But if you do get it, then that's good, saves you some time and a GC.

Deathwatch
Sep 1, 2006, 03:19 AM
On 2006-08-31 21:34, Splash wrote:
If you pipe for that long, I am absolutely certain your GC will break.

You know...that's not very encouraging...to anybody looking for the thing...*whimpers*

ulyoth
Sep 1, 2006, 05:48 AM
On 2006-09-01 01:19, Deathwatch wrote:

On 2006-08-31 21:34, Splash wrote:
If you pipe for that long, I am absolutely certain your GC will break.

You know...that's not very encouraging...to anybody looking for the thing...*whimpers*

Dont worry it will take alot more than that to break your GC, ive piped for lots of things agito 1975, syncestas, magic stone irista to name a few and my GC is...a little worse for wear XD It wont play my freeloader anymore for some reason and makes clicking noises when its loading.

OneandtheSame
Sep 1, 2006, 07:54 AM
Sigh...Get a crappy Katana before you hunt for Agito 1975. You'll probably find it to be disapointing. I mean, it's attack power is unholy, but the animation is so bad that it's dofficult to recommend for use in Ultimate.

Deathangel333
Sep 1, 2006, 09:35 AM
a Katana is like a saber

whocares111
Sep 1, 2006, 01:20 PM
No, it's not. Katanas have different attack animations than sabers. Katanas are much slower to yield than sabers. You'll often get interrupted in the middle of a combo.

Neith
Sep 1, 2006, 01:34 PM
Unless of course you have a God/Battle (Heavenly/Battle if on BB). Then most enemies don't interrupt you, unless you fail at timing.

I use a Yamigarasu in Ult Ep4, and don't get interrupted often because I start my opening swing a little early.

Deathwatch
Sep 1, 2006, 03:28 PM
I love my twin swords and sabers ( i.e Yams and Double Saber) but I like weilding a normal saber. It's weird. I was just hunting Delsabers and for a change slapped on my Kaladbolg+25 and used it.

Depends how slow Katanas are as to if I'll like em or not. If we're talking Akiko's Frying Pan speed (which is a Katana) I think I could deal with it. Also why I'm gonna get the Toy Hammer from Challenge Mode when I get chance.

Shark_1291
Sep 1, 2006, 03:43 PM
i just say yes get rid of ur last survivor get a chain saw'd or at least dragon slayer, then find urself a nice twin sword or double saber like asuka or demolition comet, im gonna start hunting for monkey king bar ...after i find some dang love rappys...

PSOPRINCE
Sep 1, 2006, 05:55 PM
ha ha i have a bkb http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif chain sawd is a very good easy sword last survvor iis not altohugh it looks cool (like clouds sword)

OneandtheSame
Sep 2, 2006, 08:42 AM
Chain Sawd is awesome. I use an android, and I abuse Chain Sawds special with ice mines. I rarely need to use mates. So yeah, it's a great choice. Hunt for one if you can. It isn't too hard.

Lord_Kratos
Sep 2, 2006, 09:37 AM
i thnk what he meant is that the katana has the usefulness of a saber. i love to go through and just attack enemies with my Sange but im huntin the Yasha and when i get it....o yeah!

Splash
Sep 2, 2006, 01:05 PM
Which would you prefer, attack power or attack speed? With a Katana, unless you time it correctly, you can never finish a 3-hit combo (even with a God/Battle, if I recall correctly). With a Saber, you still can deal damage and finish with a 3 hit combo.

guysmiily
Sep 2, 2006, 01:09 PM
wit my orotiagito i dont have trouble finishing my combo

Shark_1291
Sep 2, 2006, 01:39 PM
i like the sound it makes lol, and i find the gush pretty usefull when im getting low on health, i just wait for a bunch a lil' animals to come over and vrooomp full health.. lol zvroom.

Lord_Kratos
Sep 2, 2006, 03:27 PM
i choose katana's cus i almost always finish my combo's and im huntin for the ORtiagito so when i have that......i'll own more than i already do!

dragoon2471
Sep 2, 2006, 04:12 PM
I prefer sabers because i have the reinsurance that my combos will most likely hit. With katanas, there is always a chance you will not get three hit without correct timing (this is just my personal preference).

MadEwokHerd
Sep 2, 2006, 08:08 PM
I wish that I didn't spend my time piping for the real Agito...the Orotiagito isn't worth it in my opinion. It looks cool, but I personally prefer how my weapons perform, rather than appearance.

Neith
Sep 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
No, you can finish a 3-hit combo with a katana easily. I use a Yamigarasu on GC PSO, with a God/battle. I get combos in fine. if someone isn't, its because you're standing too close to the enemy when you start your combo.

Time it so the enemy walks into your opening hit. I've never had a problem, unless it was a very fast enemy.

Heh, for regular play Sabers (excluding Excalibur) and Katanas are practically useless compared to Twin Sabers/Dagger/twin Swords anyway..

PMB960
Sep 3, 2006, 12:30 AM
The Orotiagito is an awsome boss weapon. Against any boss it can strike multiple parts(if they have more than one) with its special although you need a high accuracy. Other than that it is useless, I prefer a Red Sword since it is very powerful and hits multiple enemies.

MystikX
Sep 3, 2006, 03:54 PM
If you want an idea of what to expect, I'd suggest getting a character with the right ID into VH Mines, and find a 2001 Agito (one of the fakes). Have a play around with it, and see if you like the animation. If not, don't bother with the '75. If you do like it, go- pipe Mils http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Why not just get Akiko's Frying Pan? It's easier to get, found in any difficulty, and takes less time.

Deathwatch
Sep 3, 2006, 04:37 PM
Akiko's frying pan really doesn't do Katanas justice. It's the same animation, but not range and looks...

But the frying pan does make a cool noise >.<

Lord_Kratos
Sep 3, 2006, 04:46 PM
*pang* i love to use the frying pan

Splash
Sep 3, 2006, 04:56 PM
Lol, Akiko's Frying Pan was one of my most used weapons in the past. It's fun to use and does well-significant damage in earlier levels.

Neith
Sep 3, 2006, 06:08 PM
Akiko's requires you to do horribly boring quests, hunting an easy from from a Sinow Gold does not.

By all means, get the Pan if you want. I think Agito is less of a pain though.