PDA

View Full Version : what level to beat hard/v-hard?

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 01:25 AM
hey, im trying to get to ultimate as fast as i can. but iv also heard horror storys for people who got there at level 65. what level should i be when i beat hard/v-hard and where are some of the best places to train for ultimate?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ethereal on 2006-08-31 23:27 ]</font>

Psyclone
Sep 1, 2006, 01:36 AM
I beat VHard with my RAcast at level 70. After an aborted run through Ultimate Forest, I took him back to VHard until level 80.

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 01:39 AM
hmm..80..im a RAcast as well. i havent played this game sense way back when it was released for the dreamcast. thank you for the advice.

OneandtheSame
Sep 1, 2006, 07:47 AM
Hmm...My HUcast has been laying waste to Ultimate Forest since level 67...

Greg169
Sep 1, 2006, 08:08 AM
I'd say that by the time you're at Lv: 125 you should be able to bea t Ult. easy with a Racast.

OneandtheSame
Sep 1, 2006, 08:10 AM
At 125, ANYBODY should be able to beat Ultimate, with the proper equipment.

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 11:22 AM
thank you everyone for all the usefull information

guysmiily
Sep 1, 2006, 11:33 AM
i actually beat v-hard at 61 wit my ramarl and 64 wit my humar.

if u reach him equip some things to help u survive

czyk
Sep 1, 2006, 12:55 PM
I Beat V-Hard with Crip Freeze at LV 40.

It helps if you have a gun called Freeze Gun.

If you have a good armer with 4 slots. put to 2 God HP 1 God Battle and God ability. It will help you. When you get to the end boss you need to put a cure freeze so he will not freeze you on the second form.

ps

Crip Freeze

czyk
Sep 1, 2006, 01:01 PM
O Crip Freeze is lv 200 now.

Do allot of TTF. That will help allot as well.

ps

Crip Freeze.

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 01:10 PM
lol. im a level 34 pwning vol opt on hard. problem i have is, i dont know if i can stand to train on ruins v-hard... i like the breeze through. TTF? i only have two rares lol. im on hard, soon to be hard ruins and i have the BOOMA CLAW and DB'S SABER

czyk
Sep 1, 2006, 01:24 PM
What verson do you play on? the Xbox,GC,PC or the P2.

If you are on the Xbox verson I can help you out.

ps

Crip Freeze

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 01:42 PM
GC, had the original on the dreamcast, so i thought itd pick this up for old times sake. loving it, but anxious to see morel ittle red buddys.

czyk
Sep 1, 2006, 01:54 PM
Do you have a quest on line called TTF ((Toured the Future)).

That will help you LV up quickly.

ps

Crip Freeze

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 03:29 PM
i dont go online. i heard its empty/full of hackers

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 04:10 PM
im level 32 and going after dark flaz in hard. if i make it, will i be screwed?

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 06:53 PM
well, regardless. im going after dark falz. level 34, armed with a pallasch, fill blaster anda master beam with 35% to dark.

ethereal
Sep 1, 2006, 10:53 PM
having trouble with dark falz whooping me. he usually hits me with a gibarta then a gifoi then another gibarta and im K.Od

Splash
Sep 1, 2006, 11:53 PM
He doesn't cast Gibarta or Gifoie.

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 12:21 AM
sorry, friend told me thats what they are. anyways, he casts some strong ice/fire spells.

PMB960
Sep 2, 2006, 12:54 AM
Online is good I play alot. With an Android ultimate can be very difficult. I would reccomend between 70-75. Create a force user you can get on to ultimate at level 60 and beat it at 80(with a decent armor and a cure/freeze). I find that if you can beat all of the missions on that difficulty you can handle the begining of the next difficulty just fine. Plus with a Ranger you will have friendlies in the missions to take hits for you.

Psyclone
Sep 2, 2006, 01:01 AM
On 2006-09-01 20:53, ethereal wrote:
having trouble with dark falz whooping me. he usually hits me with a gibarta then a gifoi then another gibarta and im K.OdIf you have them, try equipping xxx/Body, Resist/<fire>, and Resist/<ice> units. Ideally, I'd recommend Dragon/Body, Resist/Burning, and Resist/Blizzard. A Freeze Barrier would also help to get you EIC up and, possibly, help to keep you unfrozen.

I also recommend that you invest in a good shot-type weapon for the first form. I find them invaluable for taking out the whirling-blade-thingies and doing damage to Falz's dragon-beast-whatchamacallit. Then switch to the best rifle you have/can get for the other two forms.

Also, you're lacking in the healing department as a RAcast -- no Resta. Carry a full load of Monomates, Dimates, Trimates, and Star Atomizers and use your Fill rifle when it's relatively safe to help stretch those mates and atomizers. And carry Scape Dolls. I generally carry 3 - 5 Scape Dolls and figure that if I cannot beat him with 6+ lives then I need more training, better equipment, or both.

For his final form you'll want to switch out your resist units for Resist/<light> and Resist/<dark>. Also, a good rifle weapon that does fire damage helps make the battle quicker by allowing you to continue to do damage even when he is invulnerable.

Finally, invest the time and the effort in learning about and raising Mags. A good (rare) Mag can be a huge help by casting Deband and Shifta when you enter the Boss fight, possibly casting Resta when you drop below 10% health, and possibly casting Revive if you die. With 50 DEX and loads of POW you'll hit more often and do more damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psyclone on 2006-09-01 23:03 ]</font>

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 01:09 AM
thanks for the GREAT advice. iv had alot troubles with mag raising. i was going to wait untill v-hard to start. i have a kama mag and i also got a few rares... secret gearX2 - D-parts ver1.01 - booma's claw - crush bullet. i have freeze barriers and resist light/dark. my biggest problem is my level 55 kama mag. the trimates are expensive, and gettign star atoms and scape dolls are hard. ..

PMB960
Sep 2, 2006, 08:01 AM
Whoa your mag is a very low level for being on hard mode. Secret Gear is actually very good, my RAmar used it until he got to level 121(Secure Feet) Most of my characters are usually more towards level 45 to beat hard and 60 to beat VH. Again though I play throuh all the missions so I usually have an easier time than everyone else that I know. You should use that Crush Bullet for the boss it can be very useful.

Psyclone
Sep 2, 2006, 12:55 PM
Check the Mag Guides (http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection§ion=Mags&secver=1) for feeding charts and incredibly useful information on how to raise different Mags. My RAcast is using a Deva with 25 DEF, 125 POW, 50 DEX, and 0 MIND.

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 12:55 PM
yes, my mag is sad. i was going to wait till v-hard. my mag is now level 65. im selling the junk (dragon frame, absorb armor etc) to buy trimates.i raised its mind to 3 early on, as i didnt know what i was doing. and my dex on my max is low. its mainly 20 def and around 30+ power. i keep gettign db's saber's lol. what mag lvl do you suggest?
im also level 38 now...i wanted to avoid it though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ethereal on 2006-09-02 10:56 ]</font>

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 01:00 PM
thanks. that will help. but trimates are so expensive, same with star atoms...but i think i will be able to take on falz soon, with my freeze protection. my mags stats are bad.......

18/32/9/4

dont ask about the mind..i was new and i didnt know what to do.

Psyclone
Sep 2, 2006, 01:22 PM
That's why I suggested the Mag Guides. You don't necessarily need Trimates and rarely need Star Atomizers. The feeding charts on the Mag Guides will show you what each item does for different Mags.

You said you have a Kama? Then, if you're on Game Cube, Dimates will give 0 DEF, +11 POW, 0 DEX, and -10 MIND to each of Kama's bars. (Once a stat bar reaches 100 points, it goes up a level.) Alternatively, if you want to get DEX up, then just use Antidotes. 'Dotes give Kama -5 DEF, -5 POW, +16 DEX, and 0 MIND to each of Kama's stat bars. To get DEF up use Antiparalysis. They give +7 DEF, -3 POW, 0 DEX, and -3 MIND.

Trimates give +4 DEF, +14 POW, 0 DEX, and -15 MIND. They only benefit, then, is getting both DEF and POW up at the same time. However, Trimates only give 3 more POW than Dimates do and Antiparalysis gives 3 more DEF than Tri's. You're better off to use Dimates and Antiparalysis to raise those stats instead of Trimates. (Antiparalysis also gives you a lot more control when working on DEF. You don't have to worry about any other stats going up.)

And Star Atomizers raise everything, but not by enough point to make them very useful.

The numbers are a little different for earlier versions of PSO like Dream Cast, but there's not a great deal of variation. Dimates, Antidotes, and Antiparalysis are still the best bets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psyclone on 2006-09-02 11:32 ]</font>

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 01:30 PM
thanks. i also have a question, i read it and i saw that it said sol atomizers gave my mag -20 mind.. i may be readign it wrong but i re checked it a lot and i get the same answer. but my mag doesent lose mind stats. dimates and trimates also dont lower my mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ethereal on 2006-09-02 11:33 ]</font>

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 01:36 PM
nvm, i got it figured out.

Psyclone
Sep 2, 2006, 01:37 PM
You won't lose any stats. That value (-20) only pertains to the Stat Bars (those colored bars that go up and down when you feed your Mag). Sol Atomizers will not take that bar down below 0 and won't take away existing stats.

With your current Mag, just ignore MIND for now and try not to let it get any higher. You can live with 26 DEF, 120 POW, 50 DEX, and 4 MIND.

Also, I personally find it easier to focus on one stat at a time when possible. Your Kama makes that easy with Dimates for POW, Antidotes for DEX, and Antiparalysis for DEF. That will change, though, when your Kama changes into something else and then you'll have to check the feeding charts again to find out what's best for the new evolution.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psyclone on 2006-09-02 11:39 ]</font>

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 01:46 PM
yah.. found out about the bars lol.i'v really got to thank you for the advice. anticipated to see more red buddys. and to get to the hardness that is ultimate.

Psyclone
Sep 2, 2006, 01:54 PM
No problemo and good luck!

Also, be sure to check the Drop Charts (http://pso-world.com/item_findings.php) to see what nifty little red boxes your RAcast is likely to find. I've found those charts to be quite useful when deciding what to hunt for and where.

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 03:56 PM
i almost won. i died at his last form. he was close to death to. i didnt have any scape dolls..anyone know where to find any? best spot?

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 07:13 PM
just got a varista ^_^

PMB960
Sep 3, 2006, 12:24 AM
I don't know what the drop rate for Scape Dolls is but you can usually get them easily. Just make sure to keep them in the bank until you need them. Just to let you know my RAcast has Madhu with 5/153/42/0(that is for max stats at level 200) and he absolutely destroyed hard and VH. I haven't tried Ult yet though. Also since you are an android make sure you get a mag with myla&youlla and one that cast shifta and deband for boss battles. They have guides on what each mag does and what stats you need to get it.

Psyclone
Sep 3, 2006, 12:39 AM
On 2006-09-02 22:24, PMB960 wrote:
. . . Just to let you know my RAcast has Madhu with 5/153/42/0(that is for max stats at level 200) . . .

Just outa curiosity, what else are you using?

A RAcast's base ATA at level 200 is 199 and maxes out at 224. That's a 25 point difference and would require 50 points of DEX on a Mag to max, unless you're using an Arm of some sort and/or Abilities. (I'm guessing two God/Abilities that would add +4 ATA, thereby freeing up 8 points of DEX...)

Also, ATP is not possible to max with a Mag. RAcast's base ATP at level 200 is 859 and maxes out at 1350. That's a difference of 491 points which would require 245.5 (246) POW on a Mag to max.

Psyclone
Sep 3, 2006, 12:41 AM
RE: Scape Dolls

Check the Drop Charts (http://pso-world.com/item_findings.php) (click on your Section ID and do a text search on Scape Dolls) and they'll give you a good idea where to look.

ethereal
Sep 3, 2006, 01:18 AM
man, you are just TO helpfull ^_^
i beat dark falz. using the crush bullet on his forst form was EXTREAMLY helpfull. the third form was hard. still no red buddys. im fine now though. thank you everyone for all the help

Psyclone
Sep 3, 2006, 03:30 AM
No problem http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif