PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ PS2 Version

jstroh
Sep 1, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm using a slim US PS2 with a swap disc and I'm gettin g this DNAS -402 error.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/11354

This says:
-402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA
Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

Is Sega denying non japanese ps2s ;(?

Polly
Sep 1, 2006, 11:52 AM
Is it a legit copy? :x Can't think of any other reason it'd throw that error.

Fleece
Sep 1, 2006, 11:52 AM
My friends works with swap disc absolutely fine, i think he has swap disc 3.5 and a UK PS2

Undubbed
Sep 1, 2006, 11:55 AM
Sounds like your Swap Disc just doesn't cut it for PSU I guess.

Mod chip?

jstroh
Sep 1, 2006, 11:59 AM
ugh yes it is legit. It just won't work..

jstroh
Sep 1, 2006, 12:12 PM
I've tried deleting and redoing the network settings and i still get the same error ><

damammmmmmamam

mechatra
Sep 1, 2006, 12:13 PM
Is it a burned disk?

As in a backup? since during disk burning the DNAS coding is lost.

I cant think of any other reason for you to get that error.

jstroh
Sep 1, 2006, 12:13 PM
No it's not burned, it is a 100% legit copy that just came by fedex from Playasia

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 12:58 PM
The only reason that error would pop up is because it's not a legit copy. Try harder next time.

jstroh
Sep 1, 2006, 06:47 PM
Great thanks to bad it is straight from playasia...

jstroh
Sep 1, 2006, 07:17 PM
now I turned off the firewall and I get error code 045 help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

takuhi
Sep 1, 2006, 10:53 PM
I'm having the same issue. There doesn't seem to be any easy away around this... The game apparently considers the Swap Magic disc to be a cheat device or something.

jstroh
Sep 1, 2006, 11:04 PM
I found the answer.

Sony "DNAS" checks the region of your console. If your console is v1-8 aka not slim you can use a hack to change your machine id otherwise you need a J PS2...

takuhi
Sep 2, 2006, 12:03 AM
The tragedy is I have a J-PS2, it's just too old of a version to fit the network adaptor. Thanks, Sony. What sort of hack? I saw there were things you could do with a DVD burner to burn the right codes onto the swap magic disc, or something, but I don't have a DVD burner...

jstroh
Sep 2, 2006, 04:35 AM
It requires burning a CD with special software that you then boot with swap magic to change the console's region id...

Relam
Oct 24, 2006, 01:37 AM
I'm having the same 402 error come up.

I have the non-slim PS2 modded with one of the magic chips so I could play imports, not steal, just to establish non-shenanigans.

So I tried putting in MGS3 Online, and I couldn't get on, and I tried using the online start up disc, and that didn't work either.

I've been looking around for info on how to fix it or whatever, but it's just people posting about how to get illegal copies to play.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I figured out how to turn off my mod chip. If you have a magic3 or later chip, you can turn it off by holding the Reset power button until you see the opening menu screen. This will allow your PS2 to function normally.

So when I tried to log on, now I just got a -610 Network error, instead of the 402 hardware error. So at least I don't have to worry about my PS2. Now I just need to find a router/hub/whatever so I can get this thing onto my school's connection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Relam on 2006-10-24 00:56 ]</font>