PDA

View Full Version : Stuff effecting drop rates?

Matrixsup
Sep 1, 2006, 10:39 PM
I used to play this alot online and got alot of gear that may be duped / or not legit and whatnot. If i wear any of this gear or do anything that can negatively effect the legit drop rates for me in signle player? i would much enjoy earning the items with some effort.

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Matrixsup on 2006-09-01 20:41 ]</font>

Genoa
Sep 1, 2006, 10:48 PM
-If you carry over the limit of an item (like if you have over 9 monomates, or over 9 star atomizers, etc..) It will deactivate the drop rate for any rare item.
-Also, if you use a hacked Mag that is over level 200 (such as a lvl.1304 mag that has 326 to all mag stats... I think that's what it is) that will deactivate your rare drop rate as well.

I'm not sure if there's anything else that would effect rare drop rate, but ultimately, it cannot be altered. It is either removed altogether by those 2 means or they are normal as usual.

EDIT: I apologize, I didn't realize you were new. Welcome to PSOW, don't forget to read the forum rules and make sure to check our guides for any questions you might have. People worked hard to make them for our convienance.
Anyways, hope you enjoy the site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-09-01 20:53 ]</font>

Matrixsup
Sep 1, 2006, 10:53 PM
sweet, thanks man. I don't do the mag thing and i recall i used to cheat with the item stacks, i'll have to stop that.

Ty again!

Genoa
Sep 1, 2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I wasn't aware that stacking items would turn off the rare drop rate -_- but things like Photon Spheres and Photon Drops that can originally go up to 99x will not effect your drop rate. It's usually when you exceed the game's intentional parameters that things get corrupted. Just a caution before taking items that aren't legit... make sure it doesn't exceed normal game parameters. I'm not fully sure about this one, but I suspect weapons that exceed 100% photon ratio can also do something, but again, i'm not quite sure. Someone will reply with the answer.

Dhylec
Sep 2, 2006, 12:13 AM
This sticky should help.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=101010&forum=4&48

Matrixsup
Sep 2, 2006, 12:30 AM
On 2006-09-01 22:13, Dhylec wrote:
This sticky should help.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=101010&forum=4&48

Alrighty thanks alot

One question I have, I have a GodPower++

I don't see this item listed in the item database, Just GodPower. could it be possible this item may be affecting it?

Genoa
Sep 2, 2006, 12:33 AM
God/Power++ ??? >_> I've never heard of such a thing myself. I was almost sure that only non-rare Units could have +'s .... I wouldn't use it, sounds like a device of some sort made that.

Matrixsup
Sep 2, 2006, 12:34 AM
On 2006-09-01 22:33, MegamanX wrote:
God/Power++ ??? >_> I've never heard of such a thing myself. I was almost sure that only non-rare Units could have +'s .... I wouldn't use it, sounds like a device of some sort made that.

I think your right, im going to rid myself of this

mitchm
Sep 2, 2006, 09:05 AM
yea i was given 2 of those awhile back... then got rid of them i believe.

Matrixsup
Sep 2, 2006, 03:22 PM
It seems to be working now, i did addicting food Cave 1 twice and got a Chain Sawd =)

Genoa
Sep 2, 2006, 08:55 PM
Congratulations, lucked out in getting it in only 2 runs. I spent a long time getting my Chain Sawd >_>

Matrixsup
Sep 3, 2006, 01:40 AM
On 2006-09-02 18:55, MegamanX wrote:
Congratulations, lucked out in getting it in only 2 runs. I spent a long time getting my Chain Sawd >_>

thanks =)

I'd rather not talk about the runs i did while using 99x item stacks where it wasn't capable of dropping period.

=)