PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

NeoZed
Sep 2, 2006, 04:49 PM
Anyone here like Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters?

Zelutos
Sep 2, 2006, 09:04 PM
*raises hand*

KratosAurion
Sep 2, 2006, 11:05 PM
*points at blue-eyes*

NeoZed
Sep 3, 2006, 03:33 AM
Yes! Just glad some people play duel monsters to! Tell me what deck you got. Fire, water, random?
I used to have an angel deck then I got new cards and made a random deck.

TheyCallMeJoe
Sep 3, 2006, 01:12 PM
For all you Yu-gi-oh fans out there...

I give you LittleKuriboh! (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LittleKuriboh)

Haha these videos were originally introduced to the PSOW forums by a certain member who I can't really recall at the moment...good stuff there! As for Yu-gi-oh....nah. Never really like the game. Magic has been my fave for a long time now.

Alucard_Zer0
Sep 4, 2006, 03:25 AM
eh i collect the cards for the artwork and as for the models i put together like an addict ive got all of the larger models, Exodia/Exodia necros, the 3 gods, blue eyes ultimate and blue eyes shining, Masked beast De gradius and xyz dragon cannon

Feelmirath
Sep 4, 2006, 03:34 AM
I used to be mad on Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I soon realised it was a waste of money for me >.>

Rei-San
Sep 4, 2006, 03:00 PM
I do it as a hobby.

I'm a dragon Duelist.

NeoZed
Sep 8, 2006, 02:32 PM
Wish I could buy more cards... I'm not allowed anymore. sad, ain't it?

DonRoyale
Sep 8, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'm the most popular person on a YGO forum. And not some small one, either. Mind you, now, I'm not that big anymore, mostly because my YGO interest has been more devoted to real life now.

Same username, on Pojo's forums.

And yeah, I know all of Canada's best. Chris Pittao, Rob Cedar, Andrew Hayton, yeah, GG n00bs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And don't play Stein, a baby cries whenever a Cyber Dragon fusion is brought out at the cost of 5000 life points http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

FIDELCASTRO
Sep 8, 2006, 10:41 PM
oh how i loved it back when i played it. i was good too. my friend and i always placed at our tournaments. i used to be really serious, with hardcore decks. then i went for theme decks just for fun. I had a dragon deck which ended up being really good. then, by a random stream of funny events, i wound up with an exodia deck. so did my friend. we played each other in the final. it was the dumbest battle ever. i ended up playing the parts as actual monsters for fun, but lost.

there are just too many series to keep up with now. though in a small way, i wish i still played it.

FIDELCASTRO
Sep 8, 2006, 10:57 PM
this post caused me to go looking for old cards. i found:

XZ dragon cannon
Guardian Ceal
Windstorm of Etaqua
Different Dimension Dragon
Polymerization from Legend of Blue-Eyes

Dre_o
Sep 8, 2006, 11:43 PM
I'm quite a Dualist myself. Both of my brothers and I STILL duel today.

I remember the days after school where we'd get 6 or so people together (mostly highschoolers) in our garage and just duel for a couple hours, then play Super Smash Bros. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Perhaps the best time of my life.

All I can say is my deck is VICIOUS. I love my Mirror Force and Magical Cylinder http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NeoZed
Sep 9, 2006, 05:03 AM
I love dueling, I was trying to be a champ like austan kulman, now my hopes and dreams are crushed. I still duel for fun.
go to yugioh.com if you want to see dueling stuff.

Lord_Kratos
Sep 9, 2006, 09:45 AM
man back in 6th grade when i played with my friends i owned them all. i was just to smart for em. they couldnt use all the effects of the card as efficiently as i could

xxTrystanxx
Sep 9, 2006, 11:34 PM
I still play to this day. However I am disliking the state of the game more and more.

I don't like the new show... in fact I don't like anything about the new show or the new packs or anything.

See, back in the day when we first got into it here in the US, we used to have to get tons of packs to MAYBE get the awesome card we wanted... And you actually had to THINK about how you wanted your deck to go. There was so much customization in the early game... every deck and every duelist had their own style.

I dislike the Structure Decks. Only because one of my best decks got copied sorta. I had a really good Warrior deck that I kept working on as each new set came out. I never got into the Silent Swordsman thing, but I did use the Mystic Swordsman/Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke
to pwn defense monsters. But suddenly, BOOM! Here's a structure deck, with a new uber-powerful card that will own every other warrior out there, and here's a pamphlet to teach you how to use this deck and what cards to buy to make it better! Let's take all the experimentation, thought, creativity and FUN out of the game!

Right now my best deck is a Fairy deck. I found some gorgeous deck protectors, and I've gone to tourneys and had people be like "Hahahaha! You play fairies!" and then I go "What was that? Shinato didn't hear you!"

I fear the day that my deck turns into a Structure Deck.

I also dislike a lot of the new cards, too. Never liked the Elemental Heroes and now they are just everywhere now. It's ridiculous. You used to have to work at building up your defense, or your offense, and positioning yourself. Now it's just too easy to 1 or 2 turn kill people.

I'm not whining because I've been the victim of these new decks, in fact my older-style decks STILL fare very well against the new sets, but it's kinda drained the fun out of the decks. I remember one time I built an entire deck around a Trap card -- Fu-Rin-ka-Zan. It was a proud moment when I set up and pulled off that combo. In a game nowadays, I just don't have the time to do that. To me, that's no fun.

NeoZed
Oct 6, 2006, 03:36 PM
I just managed to find my first deck... I got all my good cards in that deck. Such as ALL 3 GOD CARDS. ALL 3 BLUE EYES and an awesome Toon World and Blue Eyes Toon Dragon cards. But I still can't get my deck to fit my needs. Since I can't get any more cards, I don't know what to do. It's just crazy. So I thought of going online dueling such as yugioh online. But I don't live in any of those regions. Then I thought of playing virtual games such as the gameboy, but It no one will even know that I am playing it. Now I went to neopets.com and created a guild. A duel Monster guild and I got a couple of members that like duel monsters. I just wish I could get more cards.

NeoZed
Nov 4, 2006, 06:07 AM
I have recently created a forum about Yu-Gi-Oh! Please Join!!

http://bestanimeforums.myfastforum.org

Schubalts
Nov 4, 2006, 11:30 PM
I used to play it, too. Group of us used to duel at lunch until the new principal made some retarded "No being in the cafeteria AT ALL, even if nobody eats school lunch, unless you are eating school lunch." rule... I made a deck based entirely on removing cards from play, even my own!

Nothing like summoning a Grin Maju da Eiza(sp) with almost 5000 attack and defense, then crushing their hopes by removing their graveyard monsters from play when they try to use Call of the Haunted or something...Good times, good times.

Mitz
Nov 5, 2006, 03:05 PM
I was really big in the Yugioh scene before I quitted around a year and a half ago. I played a Sacred Phoenix deck which worked well. Heheh I was partners with the current europian champion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Wyndham
Nov 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
I always played a Dragon deck, because it's what I do in any game i could. I eventually had a secondary deck (Gravekeepers), and I quit a long time ago. after a while, alll that there was left were cheap decks that everyone used, because they could afford to pay 200$ on a deck.
I just couldn't afford it.

Mitz
Nov 5, 2006, 04:44 PM
Actually Gravekeepers have ALWAYS been good. You should have sticked to that because Dragons just fail.

Wyndham
Nov 5, 2006, 04:46 PM
I actually won more than half the time with my Dragon deck, you know. and I still have a few Gravekeeper cards lying around.

sushiman
Nov 5, 2006, 05:24 PM
I used to love yugioh. I was the best. Chaos sorcerer deck. I won tournaments easily. I could beat Austin Kulman sort of easliy. After they band chaos sorcerer and when I went to high school, I had to quit (and I wasted loads of money)

therealAERO
Nov 8, 2006, 05:54 AM
On 2006-09-03 11:12, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
For all you Yu-gi-oh fans out there...

I give you LittleKuriboh! (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LittleKuriboh)

Haha these videos were originally introduced to the PSOW forums by a certain member who I can't really recall at the moment...good stuff there! As for Yu-gi-oh....nah. Never really like the game. Magic has been my fave for a long time now.

That certain member would be me ^_^!! What episode is he up to now? I've been letting it marrinate instead of being sad and depressed while anxiously anticipating the next one.

Funkomatic
Nov 8, 2006, 08:36 AM
Nah way, I play Magic.

Schubalts
Nov 9, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:24, sushiman wrote:
I used to love yugioh. I was the best. Chaos sorcerer deck. I won tournaments easily. I could beat Austin Kulman sort of easliy. After they band chaos sorcerer and when I went to high school, I had to quit (and I wasted loads of money)

They banned the SORCEROR?! Why the hell would they ban it?

sukobi
Nov 10, 2006, 01:54 AM
i play every now and then but i still like my axe of despair and cats ear tribe combo. and also my yamato which is really a cheap card but usefull ya like Feelmirath said

I used to be mad on Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I soon realised it was a waste of money for me

other then the mad part i just bought every now and then. i always used the same exact cards and almost never bought them later on cause i betted on cards and lucky for me never lost http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif my deck is a fire and lucky deck its all based on luck and i have alot of it im too young to gamble but i gamble way to much and always win on my gambles.

FelixFelicis
Nov 10, 2006, 07:15 AM
meh... i liked yugioh but i found taht it was more than waste of money.

Cats ear tribe and axe of despair is also a very great combo. I have both cards and used them before during torneys.

Ah... the days back then, when I was so carefree...

sukobi
Nov 10, 2006, 10:24 PM
yep its a waste of money but just do this bet on cards and my deck is alot of gamble and fire and cheap cards *which is why the reason no one plays with me anymore thus i quit* in the beginning i just used a structure deck and like 3 starter boosters and from there i just started betting i bought a pack like once every month after that

Sord
Nov 11, 2006, 05:06 AM
I used to play back when it first started to become popular, but even then only on occasion. See, I never had money to constantly collect cards, and anyone who did have them had plenty of money to do so. My friends (these three were all brothers) actually had several large tuberware containers full of them, and they would just let me make a deck out of that and keep it at their house. I usually built around monsters with good flip effects.

That was of course several years ago, and the borthers have quit playing for the most part. Only one of them really sticks with it, and he spends more time building decks and scrapping them then actually using them.

Now I have another friend that is also really into it, he doesn't have near as many cards, but he's been playing for so long and has actually reffed competitions that he's pretty damn good with just about any deck you give him. On top of that he played Magic before dual monsters caught on. Anyways, sometime he'll makes a deck out of what he has and have me use it to play against him. He kicks my ass everytime, I hardly know any new cards, effects or strategies, and half the time I forget what my facedown traps and magic cards are and don't use them when I should, newer special summons have to be completely learned and I find I have to read just about every damn card to even have a clue of what to do. Even though I can play the game I'm just to far behind.

In all honesty I really can't say I like the new cards. Many of them seem to overpowered compared to those of old, many when properly harnessed can be put into a series of so many strategies that one of them evevtually is able to be used and the battle is won.

Another intresting thing on the subject though is about a week ago my Mom let each of my two little retard brothers buy a deck with their birthday money (yes they are retarded, autistic as well as a shitload of other mental disorders) despite me telling her in instances in the past that it was a waste of money, and they would never understand how to play. They want to know how to play, but about all they get is the pictures, they are 6 or 7 and can't even read. Well anyways, she did the stupid thing and let them buy the decks. She comes home and reads the manual included and doesn't undestand a thing (woo, big surprise there, not) and then asks me to teach my brothers, to which I say "No, there is not a chance in hell they will be able to understand it. I have told you plenty of times those things are a waste of money. You can't even understand it, why would they be able to?"

About two days later one of them leaves his deck on the car's hood as they drive off. Luckily (or rather, unluckily) my brother somehow manages to remember he left them on the hood. They locate the cards and the next day they leave them out in the living room and the dog scatters them while they are at school. So they come home and began fighting over the cards. If they thought it looked cool, they would fight and scream and holler over it. Frankly, they are both to stupid to have memorized 40 diffrent cards that belonged to them so they honestly believe that they own any card they want. My mom never looked at the decks very well before they were scattered and I refused to have anything to do with them (obviously now you know why) so no one actually knew whose card was whose.

Anyways, somehow things get back under control. Though by this point I'm seriously considering chucking the things while they sleep. The only reason I don't is because money is allways tight in our family so I rarely throw things out unless they are absolutely destroyed. Never, EVER, give a pair of autistic kids yugioh cards, you will regret it. If someone does it in my presence I'll probably knock them upside the head.

tank1
Nov 11, 2006, 07:05 AM
I used to play about 2 years back now that i think about it. I just went for the Zerg Rush philosiphy of overwhelming your opponent with numbers and blocking there traps and magic. A deck that is 50% lv4's can be really scary when done right.
(of course theres nothing wrong with whipping out a few crab turtles on turn one either)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2006-11-11 04:07 ]</font>

Solidlite
Nov 12, 2006, 02:23 AM
what are you guys like 5? Yu-Gi-OH died 5 months b4 it came out....get real roflmfao

Schubalts
Nov 12, 2006, 07:02 PM
5? No, I'm 18, so shh!

RavenTW
Nov 13, 2006, 04:49 PM
Soliddite, seriously, shut up.

I dueled for a while, but my interest has waned since I've been on a losing streak and wanna get a few more videogames to play. But I run a Fiend deck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-13 13:50 ]</font>

g0r177az
Nov 13, 2006, 08:27 PM
Hey hey hey! Just because someone is voicing his opinion does not mean you have to get crazy overprotective. As you can see he does not like the Yu-Gi-Oh. That does not mean you can go try and flame him. Geez, some people these days.

PhotonDrop
Nov 13, 2006, 10:36 PM
On 2006-11-13 17:27, g0r177az wrote:
Hey hey hey! Just because someone is voicing his opinion does not mean you have to get crazy overprotective. As you can see he does not like the Yu-Gi-Oh. That does not mean you can go try and flame him. Geez, some people these days.

While I agree with you the person in question shouldn't flamebait~

On topic, yeah I play and I try to whenever I find time for it. Right now I'm running two different decks, a VWXYZ build, and a Cyber Dragon deck centered around Chimeratech Overdragon. Hard to get the former to work right though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RavenTW
Nov 13, 2006, 11:37 PM
On 2006-11-13 17:27, g0r177az wrote:

You read his other two posts and you'll realize this guy doesn't care about his opinion, only how many people he can piss off.