PDA

View Full Version : PSO according to Xbox support chat

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 3, 2002, 12:25 AM
For what it's worth, here are two recent chats with Xbox Support. It doesn't really confirm anything that we didn't already know. He said it should be released soon. (And I know some people don't trust results from Xbox Support chat.)

---

Topic: When will Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II be released? Or, when will we know the release date?

Michael Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support, my name is Michael.
Michael It should be out soon. We don't have any specific release date yet.
Mark Soon, as in the next two months?
Mark Soon, as in the next two months?
Michael Yes, probably. You can check with your local or online gaming store for a specific release date.
Michael I am sorry we were unable to conclude our chat. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again. For your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links and services. Thank you for inquiring about Xbox.

---

Topic: Will the game Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II have any fees in addition to the cost of the Xbox Live service?
Michael Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support, my name is Michael.
Michael No, it shouldn't.
Mark Will it be hosted on Microsoft's servers, or Sega's?
Michael It will be hosted on our servers.
Mark (And thanks for your help.)
Michael It was a pleasure chatting with you today, for your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links and services. Thank you for inquiring about Xbox. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again. I hope you have a nice day!

Agent_Reav
Nov 3, 2002, 10:52 AM
Don't really confirm ne thing we didn't know... I have a really strong feeling it will included as one of the XB Live Kit games tho. Since I am part of the BETA MS sends me emails concerning XB Live plans and stuff... They say we will be getting all the "Software and Updates" that the retail version will contain; So obviously there's some new content this would also explain Microsoft not bothering in promoting it.

SuperSubZero
Nov 3, 2002, 11:50 AM
One of MS's original hangups with game developers porting games to xbox was that developers were to give the xbox versions unique additional elements. I don't know how true this is become, as I've seen racing games and stuff that don't seem to have anything special.

PS- Aren't they giving xbox live beta kits to just about everyone now? I got mine a while back, I've hardly touched the thing.

Kent
Nov 3, 2002, 11:50 AM
PSO is coming with the Japanese Xbox Live starter kit for sure.

As far as I know, we're just getting an online demo of that crappy ReVolt game with our starter kits. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif I hate that game.

It sure would be nice if we did get PSO with the starter kits/mailed to us beta testers.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 3, 2002, 12:39 PM
On 2002-11-03 08:50, Kent wrote:
PSO is coming with the Japanese Xbox Live starter kit for sure.

As far as I know, we're just getting an online demo of that crappy ReVolt game with our starter kits. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif I hate that game.

It sure would be nice if we did get PSO with the starter kits/mailed to us beta testers.

I thought it was going to be Whacked + a partial version of Moto GP, instead of ReVolt. Or is that just what the beta testers were getting, and not what the final kit is supposed to have?

Kalbelgarion
Nov 3, 2002, 09:17 PM
The US kit will have online demos of MotoGP and Whacked. Microsoft has pretty much scrapped ReVolt, due to the less than enthused response it got from Beta Testers.

I seriously doubt that Microsoft would pack PSO AND two game demos with the Kit...then again, The Japanese get PSO and another game demo...