PDA

View Full Version : GC memory card management

Wolflyn30
Sep 2, 2006, 11:48 PM
I don't know if this is possible, but can I move a player file from one GC memory card to another? The file was originally created on the first card, and I want to transfer it to a card that doesn't have anything on it.

I know the game just won't let you send or copy from the original memory card to another one, but is there some way to get around that, or am I doomed to sharing a memory card with my neighbor?

metatime
Sep 2, 2006, 11:51 PM
It is almost impossible to transfer from one card to another. Just create a new char and transfer the items to that new card.

Wolflyn30
Sep 2, 2006, 11:53 PM
Okay, thanks. ^_^ Found the section in the FAQ too, so I guess I'm doomed then. Oh well.

Scopes
Sep 4, 2006, 08:27 AM
You can transfer all the character data, but not one character at a time.

While in theory you could take the data, and get it on your computer, then split it up... But I can't elaborate on that (forum rules), and I don't know if it would work, as I haven't tried it yet.

metatime
Sep 4, 2006, 11:53 AM
Even if you do that technique, you need the original memory card. The save files are assigned to each unique memory card ID from what I understand so you can't transfer from one card to another.

Zalana
Sep 8, 2006, 01:50 AM
Try using the USB memory card. I haven't used mines in awhile so I wouldn't remember quite well.