PDA

View Full Version : I DID NOT KNOW SMOKING WEED

BogusKun
Sep 3, 2006, 05:49 PM
Was totally legal to do in Hawaii!!!
The store that advertises it on TV just flat out says they sell all sorts of weeds and pipes and all that yummy stuff... but I also know the store is totally OFF LIMITs to Marines!

I just wanna take pictures and stuff for all my pot head friends so they can believe it's real!!!

And boost up my celebrity image in the future hehe.

Eihwaz
Sep 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
That is quite interesting. I wouldn't have expected that, given that is a US state...but I guess it's far enough way to have additional autonomy in this regard.

My own interest in Hawaii just increased somewhat! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shigecki
Sep 3, 2006, 06:23 PM
Memo to self.....Plan trip to Hawaii and look at real estate prices. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Guntz348
Sep 3, 2006, 06:58 PM
I live in Hawaii and it is not legal. I really don't know where you saw it but trust me you can't smoke pot here legally. There is a place called Hawai'i Natural High, that sells pipes and other "tobacco" products, as well as like legal herbal things that you can smoke but as far as actual marijuana, fat chance.

Dhylec
Sep 3, 2006, 07:29 PM
Guntz348 wrote:
I live in Hawaii and it is not legal. I really don't know where you saw it but trust me you can't smoke pot here legally. There is a place called Hawai'i Natural High, that sells pipes and other "tobacco" products, as well as like legal herbal things that you can smoke but as far as actual marijuana, fat chance.

I thought it was half the reason why ya moved there Guntz. ;]

Guntz348
Sep 3, 2006, 08:08 PM
I moved here because it has the highest population of hookers and bars that close at 4 am. What a deadly combo.

phongi
Sep 3, 2006, 08:24 PM
On 2006-09-03 15:49, BogusKun wrote:
Was totally legal to do in Hawaii!!!
The store that advertises it on TV just flat out says they sell all sorts of weeds and pipes and all that yummy stuff... but I also know the store is totally OFF LIMITs to Marines!

I just wanna take pictures and stuff for all my pot head friends so they can believe it's real!!!

And boost up my celebrity image in the future hehe.

OMG you fell for Rika?
*Kills myself*

saturnihilist
Sep 4, 2006, 11:48 AM
From what I gather, the only reason that it isn't legal in the United States is because the government couldn't tax it. With tobacco, very few people could/would actually grow it themselves, so the government can charge as much as they want--realistically. However, anyone who wants to could grow a bit of pot; there goes the tax and profit. But I could be way off.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 4, 2006, 12:34 PM
Actually, its status as an illegal substance goes back mostly to a media campaign blaring against it in the 20's. It went out along with alcohol. It failed to return though, because well, we've all heard of an angry drunk, but have you ever been able to take the concept of an angry pothead very seriously?

It's a shame, too, because hemp is pretty much the best material for making ropes that we have. It used to be the standard for the Navy.

Don't get me wrong. I may smoke a cigarette here and there, but I've no desire to smoke pot; I just find it a little silly that we can allow alcohol and tobacco to be used and distributed in the US, but marijuana will get you a fine.

Dangerous55
Sep 4, 2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I think people should be allowed to smoke it. But you should take a personal responsibility to NOT do it.

T0m
Sep 4, 2006, 02:14 PM
Maybe there are advantages to living in The Netherlands after all, even with games being released so late here.
Drug policy of the Netherlands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_the_Netherlands)
(It's so wonderful how the powers that be, decided that possession and retail of cannabis is legal, but cultivation and wholesale is not. So it appears magically? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). Now, if we could have the Hawaiian climate..

-Legal cannabis is less riveting than some poster seem to think, mind. It's regarded much like alcohol here. Moderate use is acceptable, overuse is not.

BogusKun
Sep 4, 2006, 05:16 PM
On 2006-09-03 16:58, Guntz348 wrote:

So wait... they sell the marijuana shirts and all that Marley? Not weed? wierd... cuz everywhere I walk there's Samoans smoking weed, and it even smells like weed in the city and on base sometimes...

On 2006-09-03 18:08, Guntz348 wrote:
I moved here because it has the highest population of hookers and bars that close at 4 am. What a deadly combo.

Oh my God, so true, especially in Oahu... the glass slippers women talkin to me wanted my money?, I was like... uhh. I don't pay for sex, women pay me. Then I walked away.

I use an English accent, so it confuses people.

REJ-
Sep 4, 2006, 05:52 PM
If cigarettes are legal, why isn't weed? They're both practically the same, but one of them makes you happy (in a dazed and hallucinating sort of way)

PandaMasterX4
Sep 4, 2006, 08:46 PM
Alaska is allowed to have weed.

Crys
Sep 5, 2006, 07:18 AM
It's also legal in California, although it's not often mentioned. Go to Fisherman's Wharf, they now have a shop that sells cannabis to those who have a medical license - yes, this is a store. Although Bush says that the FBI will arrest anyone in California, the state police of California are not allowed to touch you. Also, I truly doubt the FBI is going to raid the average Joe's house in California, otherwise they'll have to arrest half the city, lol. Not to mention the state courts are not going to convict anyone of possession of cannabis.

~ Crys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crys on 2006-09-05 05:20 ]</font>

Guntz348
Sep 5, 2006, 07:25 AM
On 2006-09-04 15:16, BogusKun wrote:

So wait... they sell the marijuana shirts and all that Marley? Not weed? wierd... cuz everywhere I walk there's Samoans smoking weed, and it even smells like weed in the city and on base sometimes...

Eh Bruddah they just be smokin dah kine brah, dey don't mean no harm. Actually there was and still is a state innitiative called Operation Green Harvest where the state was trying to erradicate and get rid of all the pot. Too bad all they did was jack up the price and then create the Ice problem which is waaaaaaaay worse. Fucking Ice man I hate that shit, some asshole stole the helmet off the back of my motorcycle. Wtf kinda shit is that? Oh and as for samoan smoking weed where ever they want, I work at Pipeline Cafe, try coming in on a Saturday when its Local Vocal and all Reggea bands.

Oh my God, so true, especially in Oahu... the glass slippers women talkin to me wanted my money?, I was like... uhh. I don't pay for sex, women pay me. Then I walked away.

I use an English accent, so it confuses people.

Dooooood what is up with those girls and there clear heels?! I mean seriously I've never been asked if I "want some company" untill before I moved here. Now when I'm in Wiki and they come up to me, esspecially since I work at Scrouples Waikiki too, I just spit some pigeon at them and they go away. =P

Allos
Sep 6, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-09-05 05:18, Crys wrote:
It's also legal in California, although it's not often mentioned. Go to Fisherman's Wharf, they now have a shop that sells cannabis to those who have a medical license - yes, this is a store. Although Bush says that the FBI will arrest anyone in California, the state police of California are not allowed to touch you. Also, I truly doubt the FBI is going to raid the average Joe's house in California, otherwise they'll have to arrest half the city, lol. Not to mention the state courts are not going to convict anyone of possession of cannabis.

~ Crys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crys on 2006-09-05 05:20 ]</font>

Yes, MEDICAL marijuana is legal in California, but unless you have the prescription, you're breaking the law.

Wolf216
Sep 10, 2006, 02:06 AM
weed just do it. no, i did not have nike's permission