PDA

View Full Version : not pso but need some computer help

vaz9999
Nov 3, 2002, 12:39 PM
I read on a post the other day about someone complaining about something stupid their computer did at startup and someone replied telling them how to edit which processes are able to startup. I know its not pso related, but there are some processes that I would like to disable. If anyone can tell me how to go about this it would be greatly appreciated.

PentUpAnger
Nov 3, 2002, 01:34 PM
On 2002-11-03 09:39, vaz9999 wrote:
I read on a post the other day about someone complaining about something stupid their computer did at startup and someone replied telling them how to edit which processes are able to startup. I know its not pso related, but there are some processes that I would like to disable. If anyone can tell me how to go about this it would be greatly appreciated.

I am not liable for any damage you do to your PC...

Start>Run>type in "msconfig" (without quotes), then hit OK, then click on the Startup tab on the window that opens...

If you see things there that you arent sure what they do... either: A)Dont mess with them. or B) search for the line of text on the net (www.google.com)... more than likely if you dont know what it is.. neither did someone else and they asked about it somewhere...