PDA

View Full Version : "Post ur pics!"

Soinkus
Sep 5, 2006, 01:58 AM
I'd like to start off by saying I am NOT talking about this forum.

Won't say the forum name, as it may fall under advertising, but those of you that know of it, know i has gold you aern by whoring in chatterbox.

I'm a camera whore.

So, naturally, at said forum, I nfrequent post your pic threads.

And I've noticed something.

Lets say 20 people post.

Myself and maybe 1 other person actually post THEIR pics.

16 people post pics I can find if I go to google image search and type "emo guy/girl."

And the other two post no pics at all, criticise everyone else, and you go to their profile, and see that they are covered in acne, and are sporting a wife beater and too tight jeans.

First off: Why do people feel the need to lie about who they are? It's just.. silly. What satisfaction do you get by people calling, in all fact, someone OTHER THAN YOU attractive?

And secondly: Why do these people ALWAYS use pics of persons with long black hair, girl jeans and tween jackets. Are bulimic wannabes cool now?

I'm not going to rant on "emos." That issue is downright silly. I just find it ridiculous that these people posting fake pictures flock to pictures of that style. And even funnier that I can go into the same PYP thread after it reachs over 20 pages, and see 3 or 4 people, posting the same pic, saying that it is them.

And last: Why does the one group troll? Are they really so angry that myself and others, who are actually posting REAL pictures of themselves, much less pics at all, are getting complements?

One user that seemed to follow me around for a while was stupid enough to link to his photobucket account, which was public.

His pics got comments, and they were anything but warm.

Not because he was not attractive; he actually was very. But because now people had a face for "that asshole" if they ever see him IRL. And he also had shit for fashion sense. He looked like he weighed maybe 90 pounds, was wearing wrangler jeans, a tripp straightjacket, clip-on lip rings and nose rings, and had bitch bangs.

Firocket1690
Sep 5, 2006, 04:02 AM
The worst part is when you're 'scene' enough to know the definitions of that whole last paragraph. Goths died in the 90s. Emo is the new goth, and it's a shitload worse. Accompanying bad music, too.

... You been surfing myspace lately?

zwandude15
Sep 5, 2006, 07:56 AM
I know I look like me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've never actually considered this issue. Now that I have, it's pretty horrible.

I'm glad the people here don't do that...or do they? >_>

People need to respect themselves and others.

Soinkus
Sep 5, 2006, 09:12 AM
On 2006-09-05 02:02, Firocket1690 wrote:
The worst part is when you're 'scene' enough to know the definitions of that whole last paragraph. Goths died in the 90s. Emo is the new goth, and it's a shitload worse. Accompanying bad music, too.

... You been surfing myspace lately?

No.

I have friends on there, real friends, that I talk to alot. We basically just use it to set up parties and such in the Gainesville and Lake City area.

I DO have about 100 tween girls blocked who thought my hair was "AWESOME!!!11"

And I have nothing against having long black hair, wearing girl jeans, or listening to what you like.

But those people doing it just because they see others doing it, and picking their music based on what's on top40, is ridiculous.
They even sell gloves with X's on them. As if a 12 year old scene kid knows what true hXc is >_>

Dangerous55
Sep 5, 2006, 11:00 AM
Everyone should look and act like me, and I am not emo I can tell you that. Sarcasm? No, I am dead serious.

ABDUR101
Sep 5, 2006, 11:26 AM
Never understood why someone would care to lie about their appearance, expecially to random strangers.(Though I guess if you're a peice of shit that just doesn't care, lieing to strangers and getting a big head about people telling you how hawt the fake picture of you looks.) Even the excuse of not feeling 'comfortable' with how you look isn't a valid reason to lie about yourself. Lieing about your looks just kinda shows how untrustworthy you are, on a very personal level even. If you can't even be honest with how you look, what else are you lieing about?

Solstis
Sep 5, 2006, 01:24 PM
Ah, ah, scene/indy kids!

I swear that Gainesville is a breeding ground for "counter culture," though I'm not sure if it can be called that anymore.

On topic, I'm assuming that the people you're talking about have serious self-esteem issues. Don't bother raining on their parade.

Skuda
Sep 5, 2006, 03:46 PM
have you ever seen an emo that isn't white?

I know I haven't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

damn white kids...

Firocket1690
Sep 5, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-09-05 13:46, Skuda wrote:

I know I haven't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

damn white kids...

At a few of the concerts I've been to, I've seen... people of spanish descent dressing emo. A bunch of wannabe rebels try hard to choose what's not top40, because that's cool, and indie, and such. Oh, but that's ever so hard, because.. it negates itself. More listeners = popular = not cool = etc.
I think I heard that Panic! song Tragedies on z100 a few days ago at dad's office.

:3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-09-05 13:50 ]</font>

edit2: On the other hand, I never quite found the connection between Nintendo and emo kids. Then I found a strange wiki article the other night.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Fusion_Tour
explains a lot. >_>;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-09-05 13:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-09-05 13:55 ]</font>

Soinkus
Sep 5, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-09-05 11:24, Solstis wrote:
Ah, ah, scene/indy kids!

I swear that Gainesville is a breeding ground for "counter culture," though I'm not sure if it can be called that anymore.

On topic, I'm assuming that the people you're talking about have serious self-esteem issues. Don't bother raining on their parade.

If you're talking about Florida, I will drive out to the mall in Lake City just to avoid those types of people.

If I want somehting from Hot Topic, I can order it online and avoid those people, I have friends in Lake City moreso than in Gainesville, ect.

The only thing the Lake City mall lacks is the rent a cops with Highway Patrol hats. That's a good thing about Oaks.

Solstis
Sep 5, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-09-05 15:34, Soinkus wrote:

On 2006-09-05 11:24, Solstis wrote:
Ah, ah, scene/indy kids!

If you're talking about Florida, I will drive out to the mall in Lake City just to avoid those types of people.

If I want somehting from Hot Topic, I can order it online and avoid those people, I have friends in Lake City moreso than in Gainesville, ect.

The only thing the Lake City mall lacks is the rent a cops with Highway Patrol hats. That's a good thing about Oaks.

Do things in Lake City stay open past nine? That would be nice.

A friend of mine, based on my musical tastes, said that I have the potential to be a stoner.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Probably.

Soinkus
Sep 5, 2006, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure, I've always just leftaround 3 or 4, but I think the Lake City mall closes at 6 every day.

Squall179
Sep 5, 2006, 08:50 PM
I try to avoid puttign pictures of myself online because I like to avoid being recognizable by any crazies out there...so I invariably use either a handdrawn pic of one of my characters, or a screenshot of my PSO char as a standin, just to be annoying, when people ask me for my picture, and give them completely absurd junk if they ask for my A/S/L

Example: 500/All the Time/The Space Colonies of Side 3

Some people feel unconfortable postign hwo they actually look. Others, like me, do it in a smartass reply to a question we are uncomfortable answeing truthfully. THough I dotn SPAM those PYP topics with those fake pics, I only use them in responce to questions

phunk
Sep 7, 2006, 11:14 PM
http://www.myspace.com/phunk

There I am.

Nixia
Sep 11, 2006, 12:49 AM
Such is the chatterbox.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 12, 2006, 11:31 PM
What I find funny is that Emo was origionally what went against mainstream, hence the style of music and appearance. Emo probably had roots in the Thrash Metal scene in the 80s. Thrash was a group of guys that hated mainstream "metal," or GLAM. They started to play music that they liked, not for the sake of money but for the sake of making themselves happy knowing that there is music out that they can still listen to. Now, Emo has a whole bunch of posers in it, and Emo is becoming more and more mainstream. If Emo becomes full blown mainstream, what happens then? And as for white emo, I have seen some Asian emos, along with people from Latin American countries.

MaximusLight
Sep 12, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-09-05 13:46, Skuda wrote:

damn white kids...

But wait aren't you white and for that matter so am I...

WHY DOES SKUDA HATE ME!

But seriously emo is like the new goth, I know they are different, but it is the group of rebelion now so it does make some sense. For that matter gothis also more exreme then it used to be.

As for people posting picture of others or themselves for that matter I don't know if it's a good idea online after all you are making an impression so it isn't such a good thing to post your own pics (or someone elses) because you're giving them a preconceved idea about yourself, which can at like, but is not, lieing.

So yeah that's all I got for now, sorry I can't give the usually amount of BLABBER! But I'm short on ideas because it is late. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2006-09-13 13:57 ]</font>