PDA

View Full Version : RAmarl in ult/

Bezmor
Sep 5, 2006, 06:50 AM
I have a greenil RAmarl that i got into ultimate at lvl 52 and im trying to get her to the mines for a Yasmonkov 3000. But a lvl 52 RAmarl has a few small problems in ultimate. like not hitting enough damage and not having much hp. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas of items to get or where to train her.
She has
Justy maxed
HS25 Justice +9 50% native
Meteor smash +25
Guilty light +16 good percents
Some 4 slot armor
Dont konw what kind of shield
God/Arm
God/Arm
God/Hp
General/Battlee
Mag def 30 soemthing/power 54/mind 74/dex what evers left (lvl 200 mag)
Any advise/criticism will be accepted. Thanks

T0m
Sep 5, 2006, 06:55 AM
Make sure to use all support techs. When my Ramarl arrived in her mid forties in Ult, I think she did single digit damage without Shifta and Zalure. But with both, killing monsters goes faster than with my male (or tech-less) chars with comparable level. At 52 you should have enough punch to make your way through Forest easy enough, when you use all four support techs.
If that fails, then you could consider making another mag, with a bit more on dex, much more on power and less on def and mind.

Bezmor
Sep 5, 2006, 06:58 AM
Well i use shifta religiously but not much Zalure. And that mag is barrowed from another character so ya i probably should make another one but that takes time because i always forget to feed the mags. Thanks for the zalure tip though.

T0m
Sep 5, 2006, 11:25 AM
Raising mags does take time. And I too forgot to feed them regularly.
But trust me, after a while it becomes second nature, and after raising enough mags, it just doesn't feel right to not have a few with you that need feeding http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
By the way, don't forget about Jellen and Deband. Even if you don't get hit a lot, it might prevent getting criticalled to death.

GreenArcher
Sep 5, 2006, 11:36 AM
Ditch that Gerneral/Battle, 10% Speed Boost does close to nothing for you. I would suggest putting in a /Power unit.

PMB960
Sep 5, 2006, 12:46 PM
I would really try to raise another mag. Rangers need power mags not dexterity mags since most will max out at a very low level. Put most stats into power and mind since RAmarls are good with techniques. Try not to raise defence since a def mat raises it 2 points while your mag raises it 1 point per level. Try to get alot of /power units especially God/Power maybe use 2 of them. For the others use /Body or /HP you can never have too much defence on Ult. Don't worry about the God/Arms, you are a Ranger and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you do miss alot take out 1 of the other units beside the God/Power.

T0m
Sep 5, 2006, 01:50 PM
On 2006-09-05 10:46, PMB960 wrote:
Rangers need power mags not dexterity mags since most will max out at a very low level.
At a low level, say level 130? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif The Ramarl I am using now (level 127) has 70 dex on her mag, uses a God Arm and doesn't max her ATA. It's close, but no cigar yet.
Ramarls max out their ATP fairly early though. With my current set-up, mine's maxed out.
Though it's true that you will max out ATA well before level 200, most likely, it's way past level 52.

Put most stats into power and mind since RAmarls are good with techniques.
Depends on the playing style. The way I see it, raising Mind is useful only for having more TP, so less Trifluids if you use those. The damage a RAmarl can do with her techs isn't good, compared with the damage her physical attacks do.

you can never have too much defence on Ult. Don't worry about the God/Arms, you are a Ranger and it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I can't help thinking that your love for high def has to do with your dislike of ATA. When you miss, you get hit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
True enough, high Def is always nice. But playing as a Ramarl, using support techs and all, and being a Ranger, you should be able to avoid getting hit most of the time, and if you get hit, to shrug it off.

Anyway, this just shows that everyone enjoys playing in his/her own style http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif(And I'm a ATA junkie, it's essential in the Control Towers).

PMB960
Sep 5, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-09-05 11:50, T0m wrote:

At a low level, say level 130? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif The Ramarl I am using now (level 127) has 70 dex on her mag, uses a God Arm and doesn't max her ATA. It's close, but no cigar yet.

Sorry I meant more like having a 175+ DEX mag. Both my friends maxed out at a low level, somewhere between 60-70. That would be completely useless since your other stats would suffer.

xxTrystanxx
Sep 5, 2006, 04:46 PM
Tell me about it. For kicks, I did that with my RAcaseal. Sure it was nice being able to use good weapons at a ridiculously low level, but my ATP was so miserable that I couldn't kill anything.

-Crokar-
Sep 5, 2006, 04:51 PM
my ramarl used a 195 dex mag had the max materials all being power and 4 god/powers. and well lets just say i did alright. but i dont recommend this way. and my atp maxed out fairly early so i started to switch to god/minds. but i hate ramarls so i didnt really care about making her good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-09-05 14:54 ]</font>

Bezmor
Sep 5, 2006, 06:01 PM
[quote]Ditch that Gerneral/Battle

The small speed bonus allows me to stand and shoot a bartle with out moving or getting hit. Unless i mess. So until I get a better battle unit im keepnig it. And i would make another mag but right now Im trying to finish a mind mag. After that im going to raise a rati that i have to be a power mag.

Psyclone
Sep 5, 2006, 06:51 PM
You could raise two mags simultaneously http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

xxTrystanxx
Sep 5, 2006, 06:52 PM
Which is a pain when they both need to eat the same stuff.

My personal max was 5 at once, lol.

Splash
Sep 5, 2006, 07:42 PM
Okay first, you do not want to make a Mind mag unless you are a casting Force. It's terrible on a RAmarl and does not add any significant noticeable damage. A POW mag is like a must for a RAmarl, the quicker way of killing enemies is to just get a Hell Laser with 50% hit. It is like godly in Ultimate.

If all else fails, you should level up in VH ruins. Try doing that without having to pipe back at any point. If you can pass it with ease (along with the boss), then Ult will be just a little hard and no where near extreme difficult.

Psyclone
Sep 5, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-09-05 17:42, Splash wrote:
. . . the quicker way of killing enemies is to just get a Hell Laser with 50% hit. It is like godly in Ultimate. . .

Demon's Laser, even with just 35% Hit, is close to godly -- demigodly at the very least -- in ultimate. Cutting opponent's health down by 75% with one special... then cutting it by 75% again... makes short work of some of the nastiest beasties even in Ruins.

Splash
Sep 6, 2006, 12:10 AM
Meh, I prefer Bringer's Rifle. Higher ATP and has the same special. But yes, Demon's Laser with hit% is a very nice alternative. Two Specials then a Heavy (to make sure for more damage) will kill almost kill any monster.

PMB960
Sep 6, 2006, 12:29 AM
Just a question, are you doing any of the missions. I find they help out alot since often times you get a partner. If you can beat the all the missions for an area you can beat that boss.

Psyclone
Sep 6, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-09-05 22:10, Splash wrote:
Meh, I prefer Bringer's Rifle. Higher ATP and has the same special. But yes, Demon's Laser with hit% is a very nice alternative. Two Specials then a Heavy (to make sure for more damage) will kill almost kill any monster.

Meh!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I would probably agree with you... except that I have a Demon's Laser and I do not have a Bringer's Rifle. I have yet to get a bringer to drop his arm for me, no matter how politely or forcefully I ask! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif