PDA

View Full Version : Game frozen at ship selection?

Toyzferall
Nov 3, 2002, 02:44 PM
Okay, I bought a HL through my comp. I put in everything on my GC. Loading screen. Gets DNS. Everything is fine and dandy up to that point. Then it shows a lobby (THe trees, desk, rotating thing) where I'm assuming you'll select your ship/block/etc, but no list comes up. It just sits there, now showing or doing anything. I press buttons, nothing happens. What's wrong with it?

Maelkith
Nov 14, 2002, 08:42 PM
not connecting-- if this happens just unplug your wire to your modem or bba and it will d/c. do not hit power button!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alielle
Nov 14, 2002, 08:50 PM
The same thing is happening to me and at least one other person on this board. It must be a server problem.

MajeenYouso
Nov 14, 2002, 11:19 PM
Yeah. I do think it may be the servers. They're down is what I'm thinkin'..

I tried getting online today after.. a day or so.

And, by the way and FYI... Rather than unplugging and waiting for you to D/C, just "Soft Reset" by pressing and holding all of the face buttons (A,B,X,Y) and start for a few seconds. It'll exit the game and go straight to the "Saving" screen. It's perfectly safe.

Anyone else having server problems?

ThresholdRPG
Nov 14, 2002, 11:30 PM
I have been unable to get online all night.

I get the "Connecting to DNS server" screen, then I see the graphic of the lobby, but it never actually gives me the menu where I select a ship.

I am using the BBA and it worked fine yesterday.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Does anyone know the IP address of the Sega servers so I can run a trace and perhaps figure out what is wrong?

SilentBob
Nov 14, 2002, 11:34 PM
Yeah i tried disconnecting the cord from my dsl modem, but it didnt work. Im having the same problem, but it just started today. I get to the lobby with the trees and everything, and i cant get any further, i just sit there. Also, i just started getting stuck at the warp screen when i tried what u said. So im still lost and i cant get online for PSO. Help please!

ThresholdRPG
Nov 14, 2002, 11:39 PM
It sounds like this is not an isolated problem.

While I am not happy about this, at least if it is happening to multiple people I assume neither my BBA nor my GC are not broken (which is good).

Is there even a server status page for PSO?

It would be nice to get some kind of word on what the problem is.

Is ANYONE able to get online tonight? If so, from what part of the country? I am in the Washington, DC area.

SilentBob
Nov 14, 2002, 11:54 PM
I dunno about any sort of server status page. Im in Dallas TX btw, if it matters. And if i didnt say it in my last post, i did get on earlier. I signed off at like 4:45 after getting on around 4. Then i tried again at 5:45 after doing some stuff and i couldnt get back on. Ive been trying since then, and this is getting really annoying, plus im getting worried...

Just to make things worse...Well, PSO is great online or offline, but im sure everyone agrees that the offline game blows compared to the online game, right? I certainly do, plus it takes FOREVER to level up offline...about 20 times longer, at the least.

Please, anyone who is having a similar problem with not being able to connect, lets gather some info. Leave ur location, and times when u tried to connect. Also, anyone with knowledge on how to find server status online, bring this to our attention please. Thx.

MajeenYouso
Nov 15, 2002, 12:20 AM
Yep. Seems as if the American servers are down. Checked out the PSO site and it says the servers are "Functioning normally", but ... Well, they aren't. Lol.

I'll be checking again in about ten minutes...

SilentBob
Nov 15, 2002, 07:03 AM
ok well i just got online (6:09 central time) so i guess everythings alright. At least no worries about our hardware, their serers must have been bogged down really bad. Oh and could i have a link to the page with the pso server status? thx.

MajeenYouso
Nov 15, 2002, 12:27 PM
Yeah. Our servers are back up... But we seem to be missing two of our ships. Deneb and Anteres. Hopefully, they're just under maintenence. But, the site with the server status (Which, BTW, is never exactly useful) is http://www.sega.com/pso_gcn. See you guys on Ragol!