PDA

View Full Version : Extreme lag?

Toyzferall
Nov 3, 2002, 03:28 PM
I finally fixed my probs... Somehow. Anyways, I can get online now, but... Is anyone else having a problem with IMMENSE amounts of lag? There's HUGE pauses inbetween each menu while selecting ship/block/etc. And it takes a long time for my messages, and other player's messages to show up sometimes, and sometimes, they won't even show up. Anyone else having this problem? And, if you are, do you think it's a problem with ST, or us? If it's us, any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks.

Toyzferall
Nov 3, 2002, 03:35 PM
Actually, I think it could be a problem with ST's servers. I dunno if it's worth mentioning, but the PSO section on ST's site is down, because of maintenence they're doing. Could that have anything to do with the lag? But if that were the case, wouldn't that be lots of lag for everyone? Not everyone is lagging. DG, the first person I saw and talked to online, said that her lag comes and goes. But she didn't seem very angry about it. The lag I'm experienceing is HORRIBLE. I mean, god awful. It would make it impossible to actually play a game, and it's bad enough getting into a lobby and talking in the first place.

Sedyne
Nov 3, 2002, 04:21 PM
it is with sonic teams servers. i was online around 12 pm est. playing with snapple we both were expeireancing alot of lag for about 10 minutes and cube also mailed me asknig if i was expierencing lag cuz he was also. so...sonic team FUCKS UP AGAIN! DUM ASSES GIVE ME MY DAMN KEYBOARD >=(

Toyzferall
Nov 3, 2002, 04:31 PM
Thank the lord. Because this lag is unbearable. It's fricken' impossible to play in this. Are you sure it was only for a while, though? It's pretty constant for me. It's been this bad since about 1 or so for me. Could anyone else get on and check if it's really bad, right now? I hope it won't be this way for me all the time... I REALLY wanna play this game, and noone's giving me any help on this.

Dangerous55
Nov 3, 2002, 04:38 PM
Im getting lag, but its not unplayable. I thoguht it was cause im on 56k, but it wasnt like that for ver1 and 2. Its the worst when trying to pick up items.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 3, 2002, 05:28 PM
Yep was getting lag =>_<= So, I went offline to do quests :3 Sedyene and I kept getting murdered because of lag =._.=;;;;

Toyzferall
Nov 3, 2002, 07:34 PM
Is it any better, yet? I'm gonna go try again, and hope there's not 2 minute pauses between everything during ship selection... O.o;;

Cube
Nov 3, 2002, 07:44 PM
Eh, it only lasted 15-20 minutes or so, was bad... But I beared it.

Toyzferall
Nov 3, 2002, 10:09 PM
Alrighty, it's better now.

Shrevn
Nov 4, 2002, 12:59 AM
Even do my issh bba disconnects me every 30 mins to a hour cause of my PPPoe prob. I still have a smooth connection trhout. heh ived noticed that D55 stays in one spot for about a minute at times... serious lag on 56k >.<''

Dangerous55
Nov 4, 2002, 03:05 PM
On 2002-11-03 21:59, wobba wrote:
Even do my issh bba disconnects me every 30 mins to a hour cause of my PPPoe prob. I still have a smooth connection trhout. heh ived noticed that D55 stays in one spot for about a minute at times... serious lag on 56k >.<''

I do? Bah, maybe you are lagging, oh well, I never really have lag...

Whatley
Nov 4, 2002, 04:26 PM
I noticed the lag too. I thought that I was going to get disconnected because I couldn't pick anything up.

Also, me and my friends got lag from playing a 4 player multi-player game.