PDA

View Full Version : PSO-WORLD relaunch?

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 10:50 AM
Now most of you will already know that PSU-World.com leads to PSO-World. But I'm thinking that in only a few short months most of us will abandon our beloved PSO for PSU. And I wonder if PSO-World intends to reflect that eventually. Maybe a whole new front end for PSU or even a entire new PSU-World site.

"Uniting Hunters of Ragol" will be pretty much untrue at that point (I don't believe ragol is in PSU at all).

So what do you all think new site? New design? Or stick with PSO as the main theme?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: parabolee on 2006-09-07 08:51 ]</font>

Jozon
Sep 7, 2006, 10:57 AM
I put new site PSU-world, but maybe we should just call it Phantasy Star-World to encompass both games.

ORM-D
Sep 7, 2006, 11:02 AM
You guys do know that they already have a US PSU site right? Just make a forum on that site so we dont have to change this on. Kinda like the psobb site. Cus if you havent noticed pso-world has all of the games. so why would we just change it to one of the games? It already has everything. No need for change. I put i dont even care. Cus personaly i think this was a waste of topic space. Not to be rude or mean. Just what i think.

tank1
Sep 7, 2006, 11:21 AM
I think the site if fine the way it is personally.

DarkShadowX
Sep 7, 2006, 11:24 AM
On 2006-09-07 09:21, tank1 wrote:

Agreed.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 7, 2006, 11:32 AM
a new face will do fine indeed

Cry0
Sep 7, 2006, 11:35 AM
sp much history, data, and memories here. I just think a new face should do.

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 11:38 AM
On 2006-09-07 09:02, ORM-D wrote:
You guys do know that they already have a US PSU site right? Just make a forum on that site so we dont have to change this on. Kinda like the psobb site. Cus if you havent noticed pso-world has all of the games. so why would we just change it to one of the games? It already has everything. No need for change. I put i dont even care. Cus personaly i think this was a waste of topic space. Not to be rude or mean. Just what i think.

Well the US PSU site is not run by the PSO-world peeps and would not have the kind of content that PSO-world has.

I am talking about the PSO-banner and things, just updating to a universe feel since it will be what most of us are playing. I am NOT talking about removing the PSO content.

For most of us this will be PSU-World and PSO-World no longer. And those new to Phantasy Star might think that PSO-World is mainly for PSO and pass over it.

drmcst45
Sep 7, 2006, 11:40 AM
There's a lot of valuable information on this site but i'm just wondering how much longer it'll be of value?

I mean the games will only get older and less people will need the data/FAQs so maybe it is time to just go to PSU-WORLD.com

Besides, we gotta get cracking on unraveling this new game with FAQs/Guides and what have yous.

drmcst45
Sep 7, 2006, 11:43 AM
yeah it needs to be called PSU WORLD in order to draw in more people.

otherwise we'll lose out on potential members and maybe someone else starts a PSU website that offers more than what this site can

zandra117
Sep 7, 2006, 11:47 AM
It should stay pso-world, afterall PSU is a phantasy star online game

tank1
Sep 7, 2006, 11:48 AM
If people are so lazy they cant be bothered to notice the Phantasy Star Universe section on the left side of the screen then they should get off the internet imo.

drmcst45
Sep 7, 2006, 11:50 AM
i guess if you type in phantasy star universe in google you'll still get pso-world.
no biggy now if you do/dont change the url

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drmcst45 on 2006-09-07 09:51 ]</font>

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 11:59 AM
No need to change the URL. I assume that PSU-World.com is still an available URL, and you can just have it point to the same IP address.

I think giving the site a new face (at least a couple of PSU themes for the interface) would be sufficient.

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 12:01 PM
well they arleady own PSU-WORLD.com and it directs here. I just think that PSU should dominate the thrust and design of the site (it will certainly dominate the news section) over the next year.

Legenden
Sep 7, 2006, 12:01 PM
In a sence PSU is still a Phantasy Star "Online" game, like Zandra117 said.
and most people who will want to play it comes to this site regulearly, don`t see any real good reason why,..

Might be a idea to redesign the Index (Start) page to "choose PSU or PSO" with some cool looking PS art to make it clear:)

tank1
Sep 7, 2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah apart from maybe emphasizing the PSO/PSU sections a bit more i dont see the point of changing the site. Even now i think it looks fine but like people have said there are people out there so blind that they cant see the "PSU' on the left of the site and would need a nice new banner to notice it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2006-09-07 10:06 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Sep 7, 2006, 12:24 PM
On 2006-09-07 09:47, zandra117 wrote:

I second that 100%!
I've been calling this place PSO-World for too long and it seems silly to change it now. Just keep adding more info as we go along (including indepth info on PSU). But to change EVERYTHING cause PSU is now the new game seems unessessary.
Besides, we gotta remember our roots.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
True, at one time dreamcast was part of the url (I think), but it I think that's cause the site was part of a larger community/site at the time.
(I could be wrong tho).

DarkShadowX
Sep 7, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-09-07 10:24, chibiLegolas wrote:

I second that 100%!
I've been calling this place PSO-World for too long and it seems silly to change it now. Just keep adding more info as we go along (including indepth info on PSU). But to change EVERYTHING cause PSU is now the new game seems unessessary.
Besides, we gotta remember our roots.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
True, at one time dreamcast was part of the url (I think), but it I think that's cause the site was part of a larger community/site at the time.
(I could be wrong tho).

It used to be part of Planet Dreamcast (http://www.planetdreamcast.com). I will always think of this as PSO-World no need to change it at all.

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 12:35 PM
Well they have to at least add some PSU banners because the text stating the PSO-World ships in PSO will be irrelevant to PSU.

I believe we can customise the design of the site ourselves in our user settings, we should have the option for some PSU banners.

Ryna
Sep 7, 2006, 12:35 PM
PSU-World.com currently points to PSO-World. The primary reason the domain name was bought was to protect against domain squatters and to give us some options for expanding in the future. There have been incidents in the past where people have snapped up PSO-World-like names and used them for advertising purposes.

You can expect the site to evolve from its current design into a more PSU-focused one. We will retain all of our PSO content, but our main emphasis will be on PSU.

On 2006-09-07 10:35, parabolee wrote:
I believe we can customise the design of the site ourselves in our user settings, we should have the option for some PSU banners.

PSU banners are definitely in the works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-09-07 10:37 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 7, 2006, 12:39 PM
Maybe a little streamlining would be in order. If i'm looking for PSU stuff, it's pretty much independant from PSO stuff. Some of the things carry over but not enough to warrant all the information clumped together. So for instance I click guides on the top I don't really want to have to look through the tons of guides pertaining to PSO before I get to the section pertaining to PSU. Not to mention that most of the sections there currently just say one simple word like bestiary, which if I didn't know better could imply the bestiary for PSU rather than PSO.

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 12:43 PM
Awesome-o Ryna, thanks for the update. pso-world and ragol.co.uk are my two most visited sites since PSO V2!

Keep up the great work, oh and let us know as soon as those PSU banners are released!

Any chance we can help design some? I am a proffesional web designer/graphic designer. Would love to create some flash for PSO-World if you guys ever wanted/needed something. No charge of course.

Ryna
Sep 7, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-09-07 10:43, parabolee wrote:
Any chance we can help design some? I am a proffesional web designer/graphic designer. Would love to create some flash for PSO-World if you guys ever wanted/needed something. No charge of course.

We can always use help coming up with graphics/banners for the site. If you are interested, send me a PM.

EDIT: If people have suggestions for improving the site, please post them in the Site Related forum. We try to improve the site based the feedback we get.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-09-07 11:19 ]</font>

tank1
Sep 7, 2006, 01:25 PM
Ive got a friend who works on a private RO server and also makes all the banners etc ill ask him if he would be interested.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Sep 7, 2006, 04:42 PM

That's pretty much what I was gonna say. Whether it be Phantasy Star Universe, or PSO, They are both online installments to the phantasy star series. So the name PSO-world will suffice. Changing the name to psu-world would only lead to confusion if you ask me.

phunk
Sep 7, 2006, 06:37 PM
Just a change here and there, no need to go and change the whole domain name.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 8, 2006, 09:51 AM
My take on this is an old, tried and true phrase. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Neith
Sep 8, 2006, 10:30 AM

But it's not Phantasy Star Online. It's Phantasy Star Universe.

I'd say that it'd be nice if PSU sections open on the forum (much like what we have for PSO now), and update some features on the front page.

I don't really think there's any need at all for a new site altogether though.

Maybe change 'Uniting Hunters of Ragol' to just 'Uniting Hunters?'

Ether
Sep 12, 2006, 07:19 PM
On 2006-09-07 11:17, Ryna wrote:
EDIT: If people have suggestions for improving the site, please post them in the Site Related forum. We try to improve the site based the feedback we get.

Get at least 5 more active mods, expand the number of psu forums, and delete FKL

Dhylec
Sep 12, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ether wrote[/b]:
Get at least 5 more active mods, expand the number of psu forums, and delete FKL

We have many mods, but unfortunately they aren't always active.
Expanding PSU forums is important, but it can wait a bit longer.
Removing FKL is very easy, but where will you spam? ;]

OnnaWren
Sep 13, 2006, 05:14 PM
I still personally think that there should be a "PS Classic" forum... there would be more room for such a thing once the PSO forums proper start to be streamlined (much like those for PSOIII were).

Granted, the classic series (I-IV) has never been anything but an afterthought here, but what with all of the other classic PS discussion forums (PS-net, Camineet.net, PSCave.com) gone, those of us who still have an interest in thoughts of games long gone should have a place to go, too. The single thread dedicated to them has become cluttered and sidetracked (and I apologize for having taken part in that), perhaps having their own forum might stimulate discussion between old hands and new blood alike?

Besides, having everything Phantasy Star under one roof would save quite a lot of time; tracking down bits and pieces of info as it stands now is a major pain-in-the-ass.

*sigh* But what do I know? I'm just an old woman now, whose glory days are far behind her. Pay no heed to my inane ramblings. Light knows most don't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Sep 13, 2006, 08:43 PM
Besides, having everything Phantasy Star under one roof would save quite a lot of time; tracking down bits and pieces of info as it stands now is a major pain-in-the-ass.

I'm actually in the middle of such a project - but it's slow going right now because there's a TON of information to sort through, catalog, and upload. It'll get there eventually though. However, I don't plan on hosting forums - and will instead dedicate the community portal to fanfiction and fanart archives.

But what do I know? I'm just an old woman now, whose glory days are far behind her.

Psh... I didn't think androids were bothered by such a thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Polly
Sep 13, 2006, 10:53 PM
How about Global Moderators and a MOD ALERT System That Doesn't Suck? I can't count the number of times I've sent a mod alert only to check my outbox to see that it's gone to either a moderator that's not even active (hasn't dropped off the "is online" list yet), someone who isn't even a moderator anymore, or someone that's not even a moderator of the forum/section of the site that the problem occurred in.

Why not just make everyone a global moderator for all forums? I see stuff everyday that goes untouched because either someone can't take care of the problem or doesn't care enough to. It's ridiculous some of the garbage that's let slide in PSU, PSO General, etc. I've stopped using mod alert altogether because it's proven useless almost 90% of the time.

I guess at some point someone's going to tell me that the moderators can't live at the site 24/7 or something like that. I fully agree. But I also think that if someone's going to take a job like moderating a forum like this, they should have the time to try and keep tabs on it on a regular basis. I know of instances where moderators completely disappeared for weeks on end and openly bragged about it.

Intermission:
PSU FORUM NEEDS MORE MODERATORS! NO REALLY, IT DOES!

Another suggestion with implementation of global moderators would be to have a MOD ALERT PM sent to EVERY moderator online or off to ensure that SOMEONE is actually looking at these things. Some might say that's an inconvenience for the moderators, but in my own experience moderating is never an easy job and it does come with hassles. And if those hassles make for a more liveable forum, then so be it.

To further improve the mod alert feature, along with adding global moderators, couldn't every post in a topic be given a "report" link or button that creates a PM directed to all active moderators? You can jump directly to any post now, thanks to the post numbers and all, but a report button/link would simplify the report process greatly.

Oh, and another vote to delete FKL. It's an eyesore to the site and should have never happened in the first place.

Alielle
Sep 14, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-09-13 20:53, Triela wrote:

Oh, and another vote to delete FKL. It's an eyesore to the site and should have never happened in the first place.

Thirded.

Ether
Sep 29, 2006, 08:31 PM
How about Global Moderators and a MOD ALERT System That Doesn't Suck? I can't count the number of times I've sent a mod alert only to check my outbox to see that it's gone to either a moderator that's not even active (hasn't dropped off the "is online" list yet), someone who isn't even a moderator anymore, or someone that's not even a moderator of the forum/section of the site that the problem occurred in.

Why not just make everyone a global moderator for all forums? I see stuff everyday that goes untouched because either someone can't take care of the problem or doesn't care enough to. It's ridiculous some of the garbage that's let slide in PSU, PSO General, etc. I've stopped using mod alert altogether because it's proven useless almost 90% of the time.

I guess at some point someone's going to tell me that the moderators can't live at the site 24/7 or something like that. I fully agree. But I also think that if someone's going to take a job like moderating a forum like this, they should have the time to try and keep tabs on it on a regular basis. I know of instances where moderators completely disappeared for weeks on end and openly bragged about it.

Intermission:

Another suggestion with implementation of global moderators would be to have a MOD ALERT PM sent to EVERY moderator online or off to ensure that SOMEONE is actually looking at these things. Some might say that's an inconvenience for the moderators, but in my own experience moderating is never an easy job and it does come with hassles. And if those hassles make for a more liveable forum, then so be it.

To further improve the mod alert feature, along with adding global moderators, couldn't every post in a topic be given a "report" link or button that creates a PM directed to all active moderators? You can jump directly to any post now, thanks to the post numbers and all, but a report button/link would simplify the report process greatly.

Quoted for truth and great justice and in hope of a reply http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Polly
Sep 29, 2006, 08:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah right xD

CpwninOBrien
Sep 30, 2006, 03:49 AM
the mods r very helpfull guys two of them have helpped me to get my fanfic so that it will be acceptible http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nikjamez
Oct 2, 2006, 01:57 AM
On 2006-09-07 09:24, DarkShadowX wrote:

On 2006-09-07 09:21, tank1 wrote:

Agreed.

I Agree also. The sites great the way it is.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 2, 2006, 03:46 PM
Intermission:

We're working on this, in fact.

Zarbolord
Oct 3, 2006, 01:45 AM
How about getting me to be a moderator? Nah, I'm kidding. I don't know much about site stuff. I have an idea, make one or two new faces for the PSUish look, keep the name of the site, but add something new and renovative. That is for you to decide, my ideas will be chaotic if I told you some stuff.

Dhylec
Oct 3, 2006, 08:08 AM
I don't know much about site stuff. I have an idea, make one or two new faces for the PSUish look, keep the name of the site, but add something new and renovative.
Again, something of such is planned, but not enough time at the moment to develop it.

Soinkus
Oct 3, 2006, 05:29 PM
How about Global Moderators and a MOD ALERT System That Doesn't Suck? I can't count the number of times I've sent a mod alert only to check my outbox to see that it's gone... someone who isn't even a moderator anymore...

From what I've been told, the glitch with PMing ex mods has been fixed.

And thread alert is a great idea.

And fresh kills does need a thorough cleansing, as it stands, it's just become a place for people to flame one another.

Who knows, maybe the mods are working on that too.

And so far, every time I've contacted a mod about a problem, it's been taken care of.

I have'nt seen anything major, so usually I just Pm a mod from whatever forum the problem is in that I know is usually fairly active. Like Dhylec or Meira.

DONTOSE
Oct 7, 2006, 02:19 PM
yea they should just upgrade the site and put more psu stofe in it like new quizzes and wallpapers and all new psu fan stofe and a better homepage the one rigth now is to plan and boring a change would be go for the fans like us and it would make the site more fun.

Mitz
Oct 9, 2006, 07:21 AM
Either PSO-world or PSU-world will do. but the update of the theme is highly needed. And also these forums buttons, they are extensively ugly.