PDA

View Full Version : GC - Xbox ver. What's the Diff?

Ayu
Nov 3, 2002, 09:54 PM
So, I've been out of the PSO loop for months now, inorder to avoid any possible spoilers. What are (if any) the differences betrween the GC and the soon to be released XB version (besides voice chat)?

I don't want to hear about graphics and all that jazz...just if there are extra lvls/characters and what have you.

-Ayu

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 3, 2002, 10:04 PM
GC: GC-to-GBA connectivity, play some downloadable games on the GBA (including NiGHTS); Xbox: No

GC: Dialup or broadband connectivity; Xbox: Broadband only

Xbox: Word of an exclusive character, though no official details; CG: No

Xbox: Voice communication, keyboard supposedly coming; GC: Keyboard supposedly coming (or import one)

Xbox: Hosted on Microsoft's servers; GC: Hosted on Sega's servers.

GC: $8.95 monthly fee, except first month; Xbox: Supposedly no monthly fee other than Xbox Live costs.

GC: Up to 4 characters per memory card; Xbox: 12 characters allowed on the hard drive.

Ian D
Nov 3, 2002, 10:08 PM
I'd say Wraith covered all the differences... but I still snuck in a free post. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RavenTW
Nov 3, 2002, 10:33 PM
Yep, pretty much everything, except...

Nope, he got it all.
-RavenTW, master of freeposts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BioFan
Nov 4, 2002, 12:08 AM
he forgot one thing

GC : NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XBOX : unsure(DAMN MS!!!)

Kent
Nov 4, 2002, 12:55 AM
Forgot one other thing:

Xbox version: Only playable on Xbox with the superior controller.

GameCube Version: Only playable on GameCube with dinky controller that has an exceptionally bad D-pad and is unexceptably small. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SuperSubZero
Nov 4, 2002, 08:32 AM
I think also one of them is specifically for gamecube and the other may be specific to xbox.

I'm wondering how the voice thing will interface with the game. It would be nice if it had a primitive voice activation function for the taunts. Just being able to say "hi" and have it spit out the word select "Hello." thing would be very universal translatory.

RavenTW
Nov 4, 2002, 08:41 AM
On 2002-11-03 21:55, Kent wrote:
Forgot one other thing:

Xbox version: Only playable on Xbox with the superior controller.

GameCube Version: Only playable on GameCube with dinky controller that has an exceptionally bad D-pad and is unexceptably small. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Who needs a D-pad? We can use the easily-accesible C-stick for menu selections.

GreatGino
Nov 4, 2002, 09:58 AM
oh yeah, and we all know how incredibly easy that stupid thing is

(insert sarcasm here)

Kent
Nov 4, 2002, 11:23 AM
On 2002-11-04 05:41, RavenTW wrote:

Who needs a D-pad? We can use the easily-accesible C-stick for menu selections.

Chat shortcuts.

jazzyfox
Nov 4, 2002, 11:24 AM
C-stick is easy yo, no harder to use than the right-hand stick on the XBox controller.

Keyboard on XBox, I seriously doubt it. MS will not license your game if you link against the keyboard libs. Keyboard support is just there for development.

Sedyne
Nov 4, 2002, 11:52 AM
oh yeah the other diffrence is the xbox version is on xbox and the gamecube version is on gamecube lmao. muAHHHAHAHA -=Time to go find snapple and harass the kitty=-

Vandal
Nov 4, 2002, 12:54 PM
EHEM you all left out the most important dif:

Gamecube will have JP players, and more importantly, JP C-mode players

X-Box has no nihonjin soul and sucks donkey balls

(as for controller issues, Xbox regular controllers are garbage, I'd much prefer GC one. They actually feel very 'right' for PSO)

BlackRose
Nov 4, 2002, 01:27 PM
Gamecube has WAVEBIRDS!!!!!!!
Xbox has 9-foot cords!!!!!!!

Wonder if they'll make a wavebird-keyboard... o_O

saffaya
Nov 4, 2002, 03:09 PM

May I remind you that Us and Jp servers are separated ?
Hence you will find NO japanese on domestic GC PSO.

On the other hand, PSO will be bundled with Xbox Live in Japan, making every Live customer a PSOer.

So Us PSO players on Xbox will meet a few jp players vs. none on the Us GC.

X-Box has no nihonjin soul

Yum Yum .. Troll targeted.
*pulls out Troll Slayer +5*

Gunvalkyrie
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
DOA3
Dynasty Warriors
DOAXBV
Murakumo
Tekki (Steel battalion)
Otogi
Crimson Sea
Bistro Cupid
Jockey's road
Shikigami no shirou
Shin megami Tensei
Brave Knight
Tenerezza
N.U.D.E. @

No nihonjin soul ? Riiiiiight ....

Vandal
Nov 4, 2002, 03:31 PM
Yup, none. Cause its made by the devil, MS. Shoo ms fanboy/girl, give BG some more of your money ^_^ We don't know how long the ships'll stay seperate. I don't think they will since Yuji Naka loves world unity and whatnot. But who knows.. ;(

Its our own damn fault too if they don't let us back into the JP serves.. Thank you Barubarry, may you rot in hell.

P.S. - Who you calling a troll? I been here longer than you by a decent margin, nut

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vandal on 2002-11-04 12:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vandal on 2002-11-04 12:37 ]</font>

Ian D
Nov 4, 2002, 03:41 PM
I love how the fanboyism shows in everyone as we compare two consoles. Both have their pro's and con's, so just "stfu."

Vandal
Nov 4, 2002, 03:43 PM
Indeed ^___^ I LOVE U NINTENDO THX FOR OWNING

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 4, 2002, 04:49 PM
On 2002-11-04 12:41, Ian D wrote:
I love how the fanboyism shows in everyone as we compare two consoles. Both have their pro's and con's, so just "stfu."

I'm glad some people try to remain objective in the whole GC v. Xbox thing.

I own an Xbox, though I don't think any less of the GC version.

Kalbelgarion
Nov 4, 2002, 04:50 PM
Gee...all the comparisons were made in the first two replies to this thread...why did people have to add their fanboyish comments? -_-

X-thirteen
Nov 4, 2002, 05:01 PM
On 2002-11-04 12:31, Vandal wrote:
Cause its made by the devil, MS. Shoo ms fanboy/girl, give BG some more of your money ^_^ We don't know how long the ships'll stay seperate. I don't think they will since Yuji Naka loves world unity and whatnot. But who knows.. ;(

you make yourself sound like an idiot.
calling other people fanboys when you yourself are one.

Vandal
Nov 4, 2002, 06:39 PM
you make yourself sound like an idiot.
calling other people fanboys when you yourself are one.

Of course I am, it takes one to know one, and I never said otherwise ^_^ You need a chill pill bro.

ABDUR101
Nov 4, 2002, 07:10 PM
This thread is about discussing the differences between the GC and X-box versions of PSO. From here on out, all argueing will stop.

If you're going to argue, take it to pm's, there's no need to ruin a thread.

Respect will be given to all posters at PSOW, no matter what system they play their game on. This site is for PSO in general, not one version on one console.

faceless
Nov 4, 2002, 08:11 PM
kids still arguing over systems? i've got the import GC PSO and plan to get the xbox version too, though that 12 character limit sounds kinda weak...

LunarShadowX
Nov 4, 2002, 08:31 PM
I dunno bout you, but I don't plan on creating 12 characters! As for this fanboy shyt, I'm kind of an oddity, I love everything cept for one system (even though I'm choosing to get the X-Box [this is my first new system since the DC].)

Personally, I think both versions are fine. They are the same, you can have equal fun with each, and there's no point of getting all riled up over such a petty issue.

GaMMa
Nov 4, 2002, 11:44 PM
Xbox version = free

Maybe the Xbox version has no extra character... because 3classes X 4 characters each = 12 characters total = number of save spots.... just a dumb realization.

Sedyne
Nov 5, 2002, 12:07 AM
On 2002-11-04 09:54, Vandal wrote:

X-Box has no nihonjin soul and sucks donkey balls

(as for controller issues, Xbox regular controllers are garbage, I'd much prefer GC one. They actually feel very 'right' for PSO)

are you a fuc*** moron? or just plain stupid? i mean JP can't lpay with US players now and there is NO GAURTENTEE they are getting an appendage disk to fix the bug so they can play with us. think before you speak ...as for xbox playing with jp's. i believe thad happen before gc played with jp's.

Sedyne
Nov 5, 2002, 12:11 AM
On 2002-11-04 12:41, Ian D wrote:

lol yeah i hate this fanboy shit. honestly in my opiion i think gamecbue is a piece of shit. i also think xbox is a piece of shit. as well as ps2. i only like ps2 best because i love their games more. i only bought a gamecube for a couple of their games. and my brother bought the xbox but i'm anticipating ninja gaiden. also...i believe that new systems are teh suck now. most arnt as enjoyable as before. i mean i prefer the old sega! but since new games arnt comin out for em..i get the new systems

Vandal
Nov 5, 2002, 12:57 AM
Looks like I hit a nerve in some people O.o; I didn't realize this was such a high strung msg board.

Sedyne
Nov 5, 2002, 01:52 AM
On 2002-11-04 21:57, Vandal wrote:
Looks like I hit a nerve in some people O.o; I didn't realize this was such a high strung msg board.

ho ho calm down you know im just jokin with ya. i don't literrally mean ur an idiot. jsut trying to state why you shouldnt assume things like that. =) also i hate cube fanboys but that's another story. you knows i wubz you vandal...plus you made me like 6 things from the quests today WOOHOO!!!

faceless
Nov 5, 2002, 02:35 AM
On 2002-11-04 17:31, Ramirez249 wrote:
I dunno bout you, but I don't plan on creating 12 characters! As for this fanboy shyt, I'm kind of an oddity, I love everything cept for one system (even though I'm choosing to get the X-Box [this is my first new system since the DC].)

Personally, I think both versions are fine. They are the same, you can have equal fun with each, and there's no point of getting all riled up over such a petty issue.

i already have 8 characters for GC pso, and this doesnt include my friends characters...

Sedric
Nov 5, 2002, 03:34 AM
The thing about GC PSO: if you visit Ah-King's site, there's a rumor floating that ST may connect JP and US in future, but that JP will be fixed version. So what does this do to importers and many Japanese who bought the unfixed version? Well, the best possible thing that can happen is they remain "quarantined," and worst possible scenario is that unfixed server GOES DOWN when fixed comes out. But who knows.... though it does look like it's gonna happen as I said....

only1gameguru
Nov 5, 2002, 04:32 PM
first off you people make me sick you argue about systems sure the only differences are the compies that made the systems but gees

the game controller is better for PSO because i am a Miyamoto-sensei fan boy but the connol icons in the game aare set-up only for the game cube the control icons in the x box version remind me of the dreamcast version

damn you people you made too many misstakes

and the x box controller is too big and bucky

GOD HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

LunarShadowX
Nov 5, 2002, 07:19 PM
Faceless, all I was saying was that was me. I mean, I had problems in DC PSO with sustaining more than 2 characters. I mean, it just doesn't work. With the limited time I have, I will not be able to spend time playing as 12 different characters (did you also notice that that's the number of character types?) Anyways, I really don't think people need 12 damn characters. I mean, unless you like have large family or something that all happen to want to play PSO. Anyways, whatever, everyone is in a different situation, so decide what's best for you. As for me, as I already stated, I doubt I'll even need 4 characters.

ChokingVictim
Nov 5, 2002, 08:27 PM
and that one little thing.....we still have yet to see what the xbox version is gonna look like and we still have no real date on when it will be released... i expect a few extras thrown in, because us xbox folk are spoiled like that already... and as far the nintendo love goes, after they lost Rare and F'd up with the N64 on too many levels, they lost me.... i'll have to play metroid when it comes out to see if they can woo me back

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 5, 2002, 11:16 PM
Well, we know a _little_ of what it looks like. From a few screenshots. But yeah. A release date is what we REALLY need.

faceless
Nov 6, 2002, 10:25 AM
On 2002-11-05 16:19, Ramirez249 wrote:
Faceless, all I was saying was that was me. I mean, I had problems in DC PSO with sustaining more than 2 characters. I mean, it just doesn't work. With the limited time I have, I will not be able to spend time playing as 12 different characters (did you also notice that that's the number of character types?) Anyways, I really don't think people need 12 damn characters. I mean, unless you like have large family or something that all happen to want to play PSO. Anyways, whatever, everyone is in a different situation, so decide what's best for you. As for me, as I already stated, I doubt I'll even need 4 characters.

i had 8 characters on DC... everything but FOnewm and HUmar (2 HUnewearls)... i have already made a FOnewm and a HUMar for GCN... and when i get another memcard, i'll have 12 characters.. i wish there were memcards with seperate memory banks so i could make multiple sets of characters on oe card... that would be great... i had a 16x card on DC, 8 characters on that worked out great...