PDA

View Full Version : BOE BOP??

Miphesto
Sep 8, 2006, 08:44 PM
are there any wpns with bind on equip, or bind on pickup attributes? if so it will be extrememly lame

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-09-08 19:18 ]</font>

Emrald
Sep 8, 2006, 08:48 PM
uh oh he's guna get a warning for an admin! but i do belive you have to bind stuff yourslef...not that I mind ^_^

Wubbie
Sep 8, 2006, 08:53 PM
Coolcat, you're aware you didn't answer his question... And the random statement you did give made absolutely no sense, right?

I'd also be interested in this question being answered... I would imagine nothing is BoP or BoE as it was in the past, but it's possible.

jstroh
Sep 8, 2006, 10:04 PM
You can set loot rules to random but I don't think there's a looting rule where you have to roll on a drop like in WoW or any other mmo.

Most groups I've been in just go free for all loot so I just stand next to the monsters and press enter as fast as possible lmao

So I doubt there is BoP.

Kyuu
Sep 8, 2006, 10:24 PM
Lol... this isn't WoW. There is no Binding, whether on Equip or Pickup.

Miphesto
Sep 8, 2006, 10:31 PM
yeah but at least in wow there was a lot less ninja'ing...and you could set it where u could at least get a peice of gear if it drops....
free for all just makes it possible for loot whores to horde all the loot and sell it off for shit for themselves...and that sucks

Kyuu
Sep 8, 2006, 10:37 PM
There are three different loot options in PSU, and most people will probably be using the Random or Trying-to-be-Fair-Random loot methods (I dunno their official names in the game), rather than FFA.

And you couldn't really set it to where you get a piece of gear if it drops. o_0 In WoW, there were basically two loot rules: in PuGs, you used 1-rare-per-person, with need (use) coming before greed (selling or giving to an alt), or, in guilds, DKP. That is, those are what are used by good party/guild leaders. Even then, I did many PuG and guild instance runs where I ended up with nothing.

Miphesto
Sep 8, 2006, 10:55 PM
the random 'to be fair' method has got to be the best...that way if u get something someone in THAT game wants, they will have more of a likelyhood of getting something you want, and you have a better chance of getting loot in that game...rather than FFA....i remember stealing like ALL the ?Special Weapon 's in pso, i'd get out of a ruins run with like 10, and noone else would get any because i was the melee, and i'd get all the mats....so i think that random, although not the 'best' way to distribute loot, is the best way for this game

peenk
Sep 8, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-09-08 20:55, Miphesto wrote:
...i remember stealing like ALL the ?Special Weapon 's in pso, i'd get out of a ruins run with like 10, and noone else would get any because i was the melee, and i'd get all the mats....

And whose fault was that? ROFL way to pwn yourself.