PDA

View Full Version : man how hard is it to find under whitil......

Blue-Hawk
Nov 4, 2002, 12:16 AM
a booma's arm. rappy wing and a musahi? i have a lv 31 hucaseal already in the hard ruins. i did about 10 hard forest runs and only got 2 photon drops and a varista for my troubles. *cries*

cbearfei
Nov 8, 2002, 10:38 AM
Try playing through the heat sword quest in hard mode. There are enough boomas there for them to drop stuff. Yeah, Whitill does have problems with rares I think.

DirewolfX
Nov 8, 2002, 10:54 AM
I'm Whitill and I had no trouble getting a Rappy's Wing on my third (?) run through Hard Forest... well, it was my first run with the intention of searching for rares. Actually, Whitill are supposed to get slicers, right? Rappy's Wing should be easy for us then.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 8, 2002, 12:41 PM
do the fake in yellow offline quest. thats where i finally got mine from. now, if i can only get the gobooma's right arm, that would complete the collection. i finally got me my boomas arm as well as a gigoboomas arm. so now.... WHERE THE HELL IS MY FRIGGIN MUSASHI?! damn dragon. i cant even get a grass assasin to drop its arm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DirewolfX
Nov 8, 2002, 12:47 PM
Update: I just got a Booma's Arm too... so it doesn't take too long. Still no Musashi, but I'll keep trying.

Then again, maybe I'm just lucky. Like that time I found Silk of the Ancients from Diablo, pre-expansion, while my friend got like... a bad rare.

cbearfei
Nov 8, 2002, 02:37 PM
Lucky you, all I could get a hold of was a Crush Bullet and a Vise Mechgun. Its sorta hard to get rares from the dragon when there are three other people standing over the area where its suppose to show up in. Same goes with most of the other bosses. I wish I could get my mag from my DC characters. =^_^=

DirewolfX
Nov 8, 2002, 02:45 PM
Play a little single player... I got my Rappy's Wing/Fan, Booma's Arm/Claw, TALIS and a DB'S SABRE from single player. I got the rest of my rares by being fast and greedy *grin*.. oh yeah, and I always save room for the good stuff... gotta pass on the crappy treasure so you're ready when the red box pops up.

Midnight99
Nov 9, 2002, 02:12 PM
I'm a Whitill and I saw a nar lilly on my first time through the caves. It gave me an Angel Mind (kinda crappy but oh well maybe next time)Oh yeah I also found a photon Drop in forest normal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Midnight99 on 2002-11-09 11:20 ]</font>

RavenTW
Nov 9, 2002, 02:52 PM
On 2002-11-08 09:41, blue-hawk wrote:
do the fake in yellow offline quest. thats where i finally got mine from. now, if i can only get the gobooma's right arm, that would complete the collection. i finally got me my boomas arm as well as a gigoboomas arm. so now.... WHERE THE HELL IS MY FRIGGIN MUSASHI?! damn dragon. i cant even get a grass assasin to drop its arm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I have a Gobooma's Claw if you would like to trade.

I actually found a Nar Lily in Normal VR Temple Alpha. It was the first enemy to pop up. All it gave me was a crappy General/Legs- though.

cbearfei
Nov 9, 2002, 04:43 PM
In normal, rare monsters give you crap, but that angel/luck is actually good since your luck only increases with those material and a few level.

Midnight99
Nov 12, 2002, 03:57 PM
This may make me sound like a total newbie (wait a second I am a newbie) but what does your luck do?

ABDUR101
Nov 12, 2002, 04:02 PM
On 2002-11-12 12:57, Midnight99 wrote:
This may make me sound like a total newbie (wait a second I am a newbie) but what does your luck do?

Increases your chance of doing a critical hit on an enemy.(Extra damage)

cbearfei
Nov 14, 2002, 02:47 PM
Luck helps especially when you're getting cornered by oh say 5 or 6 sharks in caves, gives you a chance to punch a hole and run away. I don't think it effects your chances with rares though, wish it did. BTW, starting in hard mode, keep your eyes out when you take out bosses, they start dropping some of the rares there. I've yet to see if Dark Falz drops anything in the game.