PDA

View Full Version : What Really Grinds Your Gears?

DonRoyale
Sep 9, 2006, 01:07 PM
Had to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You know what really grinds my gears?

Kids. All they do is whine about what they want. They don't care that you're busy. They don't care that you told them no already. They'll keep bugging you to the point where they get what they want. They don't care about you. All they ever care about is them. Kids are so selfish, it sickens me.

Sure, they don't know being selfish is bad. However, teach them it's bad as early as possible, and they won't be selfish throughout the rest of their lives.

That's what really grinds my gears.

saturnihilist
Sep 9, 2006, 02:12 PM
Adults are the same way, they simply find better ways to get what they want.

Dangerous55
Sep 9, 2006, 02:20 PM
Alot of stuff. Mainly people being stupid.

A big one is when people call magazines, "Clips". Magazines feed a rifle, clips feed the magazine.

_Ted_
Sep 9, 2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.geocities.com/ted2023/GrindsMyGears.jpg

Bad and/or slow drivers.

Don't get into the carpool lane with your minivan and then drive slower than any other lane. You use the carpool lane to get ahead, there's a slow lane for you to pull that crap in.

When lanes merge on the freeway, you use the zipper. One car from one lane and then one from the other. It's not that hard; a chimp could do it.

And then there's this whole 'paying attention' thing that many drivers don't understand. Be aware of what's going on. There is no reason to sit at a green light for 30 seconds!

If you are unable to drive while talking on the phone, eating a sandwich, drinking your Starbucks coffee or any combination of those, then DO NOT do them while driving.

And while I'm at it, do not walk down the center of a lane in a parking lot. I don't care who you are, I don't care about whatever crap you're talking to your friends about. I would RUN YOU OVER if that didn't mean that I'd have to wash your idiot blood off of my car.

Grrrr.....gears grinding......

Leviathan
Sep 9, 2006, 02:53 PM
Being told what to do.
Don't use the computer!
Don't play video games!
Don't watch T.V.
^Anchorman is on and you want to take that away?!

Hmm. People who say this is: THIS IS TEH BESTEST ANIME EVAR
!!!!!!!!111!!!!

People who call me <<and they know me>> "Oh your _______sister! Hi_______ sister!!!!"
I have a name y'know. Wanna [i]try it learning soon?

WrathOfMegid
Sep 9, 2006, 03:31 PM
Animes with overused plot and characters. Bebop and Trigun were breaths of fresh air, but lately I've been drowning in Love Hina-esk, Evangelion-style uber pussies who can't take one second to activate those two things all these lame excuses for male leads have in common:
THEIR (seldom used) LEFT AND RIGHT BRAIN LOBES!
Yes, I'll say it a million times over: Evangelion sucks! Keitaro's a wimp! And Inuyasha needs more circulation in his skull!
And ENOUGH of this rated T, slipped on a banana peel and fell on the girl perverted BULLSHIT! Once I almost walked right into a girl I had a huge crush on and fell, but what did I do? I spun my sorry self matrix style around her, fell flat on my ass, got up, and kept going.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathOfMegid on 2006-09-09 13:41 ]</font>

Otis_Kat
Sep 9, 2006, 03:46 PM
I really hate trip and hendy words like "moca" and "chipset"

Also people who act like they are japanese(unless they are)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2006-09-09 13:47 ]</font>

Shigecki
Sep 9, 2006, 06:05 PM
Phone menus and holding music.

Neith
Sep 9, 2006, 06:54 PM
In regards to PSO, people who pose as legitimate players, then use dupes to acquire better stuff.

Outside of PSO, people who put others down *looks at college/uni lecturers* , anyone who assumes to have a good time you MUST get drunk.

Worst of all is when you have over 500 channels on TV, and there's nothing interesting for me on any of them.

Gib anime channel for free NTL >_>

Daikarin
Sep 9, 2006, 07:01 PM
When something just isn't right.

DizzyDi
Sep 9, 2006, 07:23 PM
Alotta shit grinds my gears.

People who follow these trends to act like things they aren't I.E. kids who act japanese when they aren't. Kids who act like they're G's and they run the street, when they don't.

People who say [blank] country is SOOOOOO much better than america.

Stupidity really grinds my gears. I know some people can't help it, but its still annoying.

In school, people who are doing things THEY KNOW THEY'RE NOT SOPPOSED TO, yet when the teacher catches them and reprimands them, they catch an attitude and make a scene. For example, this one girl in my math class decided that she wanted to walk ALL THE WAY across the class room, WHILE the teacher was giving a lecture, to talk to her friend. She sat on his lap and was yakity yakkin until the teacher told her to sit did. "GAWD, I'm just getting some paper." is what she said so the teacher left her alone. 5 minutes later the teacher talks to her again. "I'M JUST GETTING SOME PAPER." again, the teacher tells her to go back to her sit. she smacks her teeth, grabs ONE peice of paper, and strolls over to her seat. She knew good and goddamn well she wasn't getting any paper, it doesn't take 10 minutes and a whole buncha noise to grab ONE SHEET OF PAPER. She also had other classmates around here AND a notebook which she coulda got paper from.

Thats all that comes to mind right now.

BoxyBrown
Sep 9, 2006, 08:50 PM
People that are obsesed with Family Guy really piss me off.

Leviathan
Sep 9, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-09-09 13:31, WrathOfMegid wrote:
Animes with overused plot and characters. Bebop and Trigun were breaths of fresh air, but lately I've been drowning in Love Hina-esk, Evangelion-style uber pussies who can't take one second to activate those two things all these lame excuses for male leads have in common:
THEIR (seldom used) LEFT AND RIGHT BRAIN LOBES!
Yes, I'll say it a million times over: Evangelion sucks! Keitaro's a wimp! And Inuyasha needs more circulation in his skull!And ENOUGH of this rated T, slipped on a banana peel and fell on the girl perverted BULLSHIT! Once I almost walked right into a girl I had a huge crush on and fell, but what did I do? I spun my sorry self matrix style around her, fell flat on my ass, got up, and kept going.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathOfMegid on 2006-09-09 13:41 ]</font>

Your my new hero! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

leblancdiaz
Sep 9, 2006, 09:15 PM
Hmm were to begin,

-What grind my gears is when third world people pay with credit cards and expect to be treated like royalty.

- When people can't park between two lines, come on people its not rocket science yet for some I tend to wonder.

- When people don't know how to merge and instead of merging they cause accidents.

- When people by pass traffic to save themselves three seconds in there "so called busy life"

- When people go to Mcdonald's and are like, "Ummm, can I get ummm, ummm" like come on there are plenty of fat people that want to eat but what gives you the right to stall the line. Only exception is if you were in jail since the 50's and you didn't know what an McDonalds's was.

- When USCAN tills don't take either american money or canadian as well as dirty bills.

- When people don't take the time to read for thirty seconds which is like a typical guy.

- How there is nothing on television in the day time except really retarded soap operas and in the night time you don't know what to record or watch.

- How people can't tell the difference between Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Should I go on?

agenevil
Sep 9, 2006, 10:36 PM
I've got a few.

I work at McDonald's. Here's the list I've accumulated from experience:

- People wasting my time: "And, umm...... a Dr. Pepper with that #6." The drink machine is TO YOUR FUCKING LEFT.

- "I want a #3, and I want that as a meal." #3 means meal, asshat.

- "I want..." Yeah. I find that irritating. TRY BEING POLITE. "I'd like..." "Could I please have..."

- When people say "Oh, by the way, I want that without pickles and onions." AFTER our grillworkers have already made their fucking food, and we have set it on their tray.

- When people explode. Is "Sorry" not good enough for you? Sometimes things happen. Like your hair. Or the way you... well, that's my next one.

- "Where's the katchup?" This is a two-in-one complaint. First off. The KETCHUP is right over there, batwoman. Second off, where the fuck did you get the idea of pronouncing the "e" in ketchup like a hard "a"?

- When people bitch about the tables being dirty. Here's the rundown: we do clean the tables periodically, but we expect you to utilize the trash cans by EVERY FUCKING DOOR. So I walk out, clean the table for them, and they leave their trash after they are finished. Pricks.

Now on to everyday things.

- See Negative T-Shirts thread. Cynical, 'hip', and 'edgy' phrases on black T-shirts printed in a scribbly-looking font.

- Groups of 3 or more people who walk slowly in the halls side-by-side. Typically a school thing, but occurs in malls as well.

- When playing DDR or PIU, kids running across pads and 'badasses' throwing out sarcasm to no end. Look, cunts. We know it's not real dancing, just like you need to know your car isn't a real street racer.

- People who automatically label someone as "poser" for wearing Hot Topic-bought clothing one day and Abercrombie the next. If they like the clothes, they're not really posing as anything, now, are they?

Mosquitoes. "MUFFIN LLAMA SQUIRREL" humor. Foamy the Squirrel. Generic themes in anime. People obsessed with the military. Wal*Mart Syndrome, i.e., walking in front of cars in parking lots. Excessive make-up. Funky-tasting water. What mainstream rap has become. Boring dance music. Music that tries way to hard at any of the following: being edgy, being abstract, being punk, being innovative (psst, hey you, kazoo players.) Abuse of "scary little girl"-type horror elements. Bad hentai/yaoi/yuri. The control scheme in all non-RE4 RE games. The way that all puppets move the same way (when laughing, the head is tilted back and bounces around. When talking, the voice gets slow as the puppets jaw goes off center, immediately followed by a bunch of head nodding. This is directed towards Sesame Street-type puppets.) "Jesus is my homeboy." Sites like PSO-World slowly withering. Homophobia in all its ridiculousness. People who do nothing but tell about their 'crazy party stories.' Dingy bathrooms. Places that smell like cats. Saltwater. Cheap hairdye. Bad-sounding synthesizers in electric music.

AzureBlaze
Sep 9, 2006, 11:01 PM
I hate stuff that slows progress!

The purposeful slowing down of cable modems!
Modems from the first days of cable internet go faster than most today that you have to pay triple rate for EACH mo. to get the modem. They want you to think that the wires or the company "dole out the internet faster" but that is FALSE. It is the speed limiter in your modem that controls your speed, it doesn't matter to them. Mine is BARELY above dialup. I have to wait for everything to load just like dial up because I don't want to pay 70/mo to get access.

Oil is a commodity.
If you know what commodities are, (you can spell it unlike me) then you know that's not cool. It means oil is traded on by a bunch of dudes and that's what regulates the price, NOT the countries it comes from, which are steady in price (month to month...about) yet you see your gas change each day.
**Did you know USA is WORLDS third largest oil producer? (russia and saudi are #2, #1) but we always say 'oh an oil shortage we raise gas to 3.50!) You'd think that SouthAmerica one would do more if we were so "poor on oil" but no. Commodity!

The Horn of Africa is Breaking Off!
Did you know that? No. You know that big point thing that goes under Arabia? Yeah that whole thing is gonna crack off turning it into an island. But NO ONE TELLS YOU. No it doesn't affect your life, but if the geography of the earth is going to change someone sould get told. Usually this takes millions of years, but at the rate it's going it'll be another 50. Nothing like it in geological history. Your local news says "Some guy rob a gas station". That's more important.

Honda Liquid Nitrogen Car
You don't know about it. The day they did a press-release it was purposely buried by "The Runaway Bride" story in all the major papers. I guess some ugly woman leaving her fiancee is more important than saving the environment, stopping funding terrorists, and quitting sending all the cash in USA/CAN/EU down to Arabia and all them to abuse it. In the end, if the badguys get all the funding, EVERYONE DIES.

Jon Benet Ramsey
If she was a buck-tooth hispanic girl who helped at camp no one would've cared. If she was a nerdy white girl with brown hair big nose and glasses who did softball you'd never hear her name. If she was a little black girl in braces who won a spelling bee and got killed, no one would know her name. It was tragic she was murdered, but the news should be forced to cover something...that is news and not some strange obsession. Zillions of other little kids get murdered but not covered. What story is she burying?

Video game lies
Sony is guilty here! People who say their game or system will be "So awesome" with fake footage, bogus cinemas, false promises, made-up specs, over-hype etc. and then don't follow through. They trick people into buying it, but it's not as good as they said. But while they said that, they "Stamped out" people/systems that could of been better and more fun. In the end, its less fun for everyone!

The Scary Anti-Internet Law
They get this thing passed, small business DIES in America. You want an economic crash like nothing before? Another "Great Depression" then sit back and do nothing while this thing tries to pass.

They start letting companies charge arbitrary "Premium Rates" for certain sites to "load faster"?
That means the web master has to pay the ISPS (all of them!) if it wants the site to SHOW UP AT ALL to anyone. You know this will get abused to hell, and there will be no "Slow loading for non payers", it will be pay up or NOTHING. So who loses? Anyone with a startup buis. Anyone with a 'fun site'. Anyone who isn't making hoards of cash *already*. This will make it 100% IMPOSSIBLE to start a new internet business w/o thousands in funding, which no one has. It will make it 100% IMPOSSIBLE for recreational sites (like this one) to exist. You think PSOW has 5 grand a month to just GIVE to 5 ISPs? Just so it will load? No.

Also that means they charge the fee to the public too. "If you want to see all sites, you now pay 100/mo for web access" that means "all sites" that are also ponying up their several grand to not be blacklisted by us. Because the blacklisters never ever get seen.
Internet dies. Everyone loses.
Preferred bandwidth is utter BS. It is a noose not yet tightened.

It goes on.

leblancdiaz
Sep 9, 2006, 11:26 PM
Mc Donalds experience I like your style,

How people can't tell the difference between a small, medium, large and supersize.

How people ask were the straws, napkins, or ketchup is when its right behind them on a table.

How people order 20 of the same item and it has to be done in 5 minutes because they never called in and each one has to be individually wrapped

How people come back 2 minutes later saying that they never got there meal supersized or larged size in Canada and don't want to have to pay the difference when they never asked.

How people like to spit on the windows or have pickle racing contests.

How people abuse cashiers knowing that the cashier can't do anything in his or her defense.

How people stop in the drive thru and yell at you when you say "please wait a minute, and I will be gladly to serve you."

How one person that has a problem with his food has to be the center of attention.

How the management is corrupt, where if you're not a manager no one really gives a shit when you have a problem.

How management will make the lamest excuses so you won't get promoted.

How you have to go and work (forced) to work at different restaraunts even though you said to them specifically that your not willing to relocate.

How managers / supervisors can go on as many smoke breaks as they want but if your 1 minute late on your break its your nuts.

Okay know back to real life,

When people cut lines to get ahead of the rest.

When your surrounded by idiots

When people ask you what time it is when you can clearly see they have a watch on.

When your sleeping in and all of the sudden the phone rings an no one answers it because there to lazy.

When people don't realize how hard the service industry actually is

When you get jacked out of your spot anywhere

When someone buys your pre order on the day that you come in

When they won't give you your pre order because the representative at the time can't spell your name right.

When people make easy answers to avoid hard questions

Keep going?

Sinue_v2
Sep 10, 2006, 12:17 AM
"I want..." Yeah. I find that irritating. TRY BEING POLITE. "I'd like..." "Could I please have..."

I gotta call BS on that one. You're getting paid to serve me, which means that I don't have to be polite. I'll be civil, which most people are, but I'm not going to ask you pretty please sir may I have a fucking Crossanwich & Coffee or whatever it is I decide to order. I tell you what I want, you prepare it and serve it to me, then I pay for that service. That's how it works.

First you're going to complain because it takes a whole 2 seconds to say "Coke machine is on the left" - but you want me to waste my time saying please, will you kindly do your job to feed me? Hah... no...

And yes.. I've worked food service before, both with the customers and in the kitchen.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 10, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-09-09 20:36, agenevil wrote:
I've got a few.

- People who automatically label someone as "poser" for wearing Hot Topic-bought clothing one day and Abercrombie the next. If they like the clothes, they're not really posing as anything, now, are they?

How can you represent yourself if the clothes that you wear represent the opposite of each other? Its almost like believing in religion and evolution at the same time. It just doesn't make sense.

astuarlen
Sep 10, 2006, 01:01 AM
Loud cell/phone users
Loudness
People who don't flush or otherwise leave the toilet in a state of nastiness
Mindless political ranting
Mindless religious or anti-religious ranting
Mindless ranting
Mindlessness
Willfull helplessness
Whining about things you have the power to change
Seeing only in absolutes
Oversimplification
The cult of antibacterial agents
The cult of medication-for-everyone
The hours of 2:00am-8:00am CST (I'm submitting a proposal to ban said hours)
"Its almost like believing in religion and evolution at the same time. It just doesn't make sense."
People who are unable to locate a shower on more than a weekly basis while living in an industrialized society with a long and hallowed tradition of indoor plumbing
Aerosol stuff--scented or otherwise
Finding myself unable to move past 12:30 or 1:00 am
Finding myself wasting time on pointless forum posting
Finding myself in the middle of a cornfield at 4:30 am sans clothing (this is yet to transpire, but I am sure such an event would grind my gears most vigorously)
The continued existence of skunks, rats, insects, and other assorted pests
Poorly controlled dogs
Poorly controlled dogs peeing on my lawn
Beeping
Excessive noise
Long posts
The necessity of sleep

The end (of a 12425-part series)

Dre_o
Sep 10, 2006, 01:55 AM
To begin.

Idiots

Just in general, nothing too specific.

Then:

People bitching about how bad their lives are. I CAN GUARANTEE IT COULD BE WORSE!!! HOW???? WELL I"LL NAME A FEW:

You could be paralyzed from the shoulders down
You could NOT HAVE SHOULDERS
You could work as a RETARDED CLOWN
You could be homeless,
You could be parentless
You could have to work with 2nd degree burns on your hands (like myself)
You could have random fits of choking
You could be SUPER UGLY AND UNATTRACTIVE
You could be living in a 3rd world country where the only thing you have to eat/drink on a continual basis is contaminated water, which if you drink, you will die. And you could have to kill siblings over bits of food that the Red Cross would bring you.

Yes, I may say "This isn't fun" or "This sucks" but I NEVER, NEVER NEVER say "My life sucks"

Also, I absolutely despise when people are so inarticulate with their speech that the best thing they can come up with is "F$#% that SH$%."

It makes me want to kill them, no matter the consequences.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 10, 2006, 03:26 AM
Hmmm, quite a few.

People that don't admit to being wrong or to you being right.

People who dress "emo" and complain about their lives sucking and everything never working out for them. Like Dre_O said, there are countless things that could make your life worse.

People (mostly kids) who say "I don't like that food" and have never tried it.

Kids that cry and whine until they get what they want.

My 4/20 vision.

The U.S. electoral system.

Kids who stand in the middle of the hallway and don't move.

When someone who wants to fight you brings a weapon.

Paintballers who think their good because of their gun.

Schools with low budgets.

Bad drivers.

Skate boarders who can't do tricks but do it because it's cool.

When someone owns an instrument but doesn't know how to play it.

MMORPG braggers. "I am SOOOOO g00d B3cUz of MY LeVeLz and MMO iz aLL sk!llz!"

Newbies that ask TOO many questions. I mean really obvious things. Halo for example: "LiK3, h0// doo U DeLW w!eLD T3h GunZS?" Theres an in-game prompt that tells you.

Newbies that decided they didn't need to use the tutorial.

Newbies that button mash.

Newbies that use the same attack.

Awpers.

Campers.

Quitters.

Children.

Bees.

That's enough for now. . .

W0LB0T
Sep 10, 2006, 09:32 AM
Mobile phones
Mobile phone users
Mobile phone ring tones
Mobile phone ring tone ads
Mobile phone downloads
People who think there cool because they have an expensive mobile phone
Lack of spelling in text messages
People who don’t believe they have dialled the incorrect phone number

McDonalds

iPods

High school(so Glad its over)
High school students
High school Teachers treating year12 students like children

The lack of Quality of consumer electronic goods (I could do a better job
But I am trained in Class 3 surface mount soldering so that would be an easy task)
Trying to work out the time difference between 2 sinusoidal waveforms.
Resistor colour codes (Im so glad surface mount devices have their printed on them)

(work Related)
People who go to shops and leave stuff lying around
People who steal from shops(Then again some people have no choice)
People who don’t notice a stock cage which is twice as big as them and weighs almost half a metric tonne when fully loaded coming straight for them.
Stuff that doesn’t fit in the shelves correctly
People who abuse the service staff (Im glad I do nightfill)

People who speed, don’t indicate, tailgate and have no regard for other cars
People who have crappy cars with sports exhausts and thinking there car is fast
Getting your drivers licence

People who say PCs R soooo bettr than consolez!!!!111111one. in console debates(PCs Are not consoles They are completely different)
People who intentionally miss spell

The size of this post

The fact it didn’t rain enough this winter. What will I drink now?
People who complain about the rain

The fact that I have more things that grind my gears but cant think of them right now.

agenevil
Sep 10, 2006, 01:37 PM
On 2006-09-09 22:17, Sinue_v2 wrote:

WordsMore words

I guess I need to break my habit of excessive use of expletive vocabulary... maybe my post was too dramatic. Everything I listed were more of slight irritations to me rather than "I'm going to fucking kill someone"-type issues.

And I wasn't demanding excessive politeness, but "I'd like" sounds much better than "I want I want I want."

Here's another one.

- When taking change, people just plop it onto the counter. That's not it, though. They plop their filthy money onto OTHER PEOPLE'S TRAYS.

Sinue_v2
Sep 10, 2006, 01:53 PM
I tell you what I hated when I worked service - taking money that people kept in their back pockets, rather than in their wallet. And the people to do it were always increadibly fat - and sweaty - and the money would be just crumpled in a small, wet, smelly, lump. They might as well have been keeping it in their ass crack.

That's just gross.

Nogatorr
Sep 10, 2006, 01:55 PM
I hate it when I'm taking a shower in the morning and I put conditioner in my hair, and I immeadiately walk under the water cause I forgot was i was doing because of a lack of sleep. Then I am forced to condition again...

MadEwokHerd
Sep 10, 2006, 02:03 PM
People that act black but in fact are whiter than my ass.
People that say Metallica is a better band then Megadeth
People that say, "Stop comparing Megadeth and Metallica! They're BOTH great bands!!!!!1!11!1!" No they aren't. Megadeth is an amazing band. Metallica sucks.

Wolf216
Sep 10, 2006, 03:36 PM
People who don't know to evacuate during a hurricane piss me off.
Non funny Stereotypes (Wiggers!)
Obese people suck! (get bowflex)
Old people suck even Worse. (get off the road)
Redneck wannabees. (If you own an ipod, you cannot be a red neck!)
Idiots who pull their exhaust off their trucks to make it sound cool, but it makes it sound like an eighty year old 400 pound guy is taking a dump in thier engine. (that really pisses me off)
People who can't hold their liquor!
Paris Hilton
Bush
Uninvited guests who don't bring alcohol. (my roommates friends visited last night at 3 am!)
Casseroles. (dunno why)
Lines
Hell, let's just put all people into the mix as well.

DezoPenguin
Sep 10, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-09-09 22:29, MadEwokHerd wrote:

On 2006-09-09 20:36, agenevil wrote:
I've got a few.

How can you represent yourself if the clothes that you wear represent the opposite of each other? Its almost like believing in religion and evolution at the same time. It just doesn't make sense.

Personally, I try really hard not to make a sociopolitical statement with my clothing. If I wear a T-shirt with penguins on it, it's because I like penguins, not because I'm making a statement about global warming shrinking penguin habitat, and not because I am attempting to meld with the social group that patronizes whatever store/brand that produced the shirt. I wear white shirts to work instead of having a broad wardrobe of different-colored yet business-acceptable shirts because (a) I like white, and (b) I'm lazy and don't want to have to think what color shirt I'm wearing, or whether I have clean socks to match.

Come to think of it, there's a rant in there somewhere--"People Who Interpret my Intentions Based Upon Their Subjective Reading of my Actions/Appearance In Light of Their (not my) Social Background."

Dangerous55
Sep 10, 2006, 03:50 PM
Potheads who act like irresponsible assholes and think it should be legalized.
People on welfare who own better things than me.
Thugs in gunstores.
People clueless of the impending Zombie Holocaust.
People clueless of anything besides beer, TV, etc.
Freshman who think college is exactly like Van Wilder, or any movie like that, and act like it.

Leviathan
Sep 10, 2006, 04:04 PM
People that go around and get other people pregnant.

People that sue McDonalds claiming McDonalds made them get "fat"
<<your fault, McDonalds didn't shove a Big Mac down your throat.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif>>

Deadbeat dads.

KFC protestors. <<Thats always entertainig.>>

Peple who disrespect other people.

People who who say this kind of music sucks, and they haven't even heard it before.

Ignorant people.

People that steal for no reason.

Liars and cheaters.

People that hack into your e~mail account and read or look through all of your passwords, making you have to change 7+ accounts.

Skuda
Sep 10, 2006, 05:25 PM
right now, the Unreal Editor is grinding my gears...

keeps crashing and screwing up on me when I'm trying to work on my final.

Nixia
Sep 10, 2006, 05:29 PM
-People who ask me if I'm my brother's sister (something we have in common, Leviatha >.>).

-My asshole brother.

-When my mom gets really irrational, and when I can't do anything about it.

-Being told to respect my elders, just because they're that. You'd think they'd come up with better reasons as to why they deserve respect.

-People who act like they've got something, or someone all figured out, when they don't (and when being told otherwise, they won't listen). I.e., being told what it is that I'm feeling.

-All the guys that have been hitting on me, lately (they've been getting really touchy-feely >.>).

-Living in a society where you're not allowed to call "bullshit" in situations because you're not of that race, because if you do so, you're a racist (Bullshit knows no race, gender, religion, or background!)

-Being given hell because I don't listen to rap or hip hop, don't talk "black", don't actively seek out black friends, and that I'm not aware of my "culture" meaning the hip hop, the mutilated English, the "attitude", and whatnot.

-When parents try to force their negative beliefs and prejudices onto their children (and when they get pissed when their kids aren't buying it).

-People who use chatspeak in their PAPERS. WTF is up with that?! Seriously!

-Parents, teachers--people who lower their expectations, and give in instead of cracking the whip.

-Bad dubs. ESPECIALLY in hentai (Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE!!), and there's no alternative. ;-;

-Being told that you're an ass kisser because--God forbid--you're respectful, courteous, and nice to your teachers, or anyone else in an authoritative position.

-Ass-kissers. People who'll shamelessly kiss up to their superior, but'll start talking shit about them in a heartbeat when they're not around.

-People who lack basic hygiene.

-People who don't say please and thank you at all.

-People who leave toilets unflushed. And, I mean GROWN ASS PEOPLE. Plenty of people learned to flush toilets since they've been toilet trained, you have absolutely no excuse. But, besides that, how can you STAND to walk away from it?! >.>

-People who only ask for your grades. Not because they give two shits about how well you did, but because you'll ask theirs so that they can brag. And, they will ask you relentlessly.

-I can't enjoy my own company without being a loner.

-When it comes to friends, quantity and not quality is the way to go.

-The grinding of teeth. Few things sound worse than it.

-The kissing of teeth. The better you are at it, the worse it sounds, and some people just LOVE doing it.

-The fact that very few very cool, smart and funny people seem to exist outside of the internet.

-People who beat around the damned bush.

-People who'll do everything BUT what you asked them to do (and, they'll probably get all pissy and call you ungrateful if you point this out to them).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nixia on 2006-09-11 20:52 ]</font>

Neith
Sep 10, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-09-10 15:25, Skuda wrote:
right now, the Unreal Editor is grinding my gears...

keeps crashing and screwing up on me when I'm trying to work on my final.

I know what you mean, i use that fairly often. Really unstable at times.

Mind, i've never found 3DS Max to be stable either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Wyndham
Sep 10, 2006, 07:46 PM
-videogame fanboys who can't accept maybe some things are not for everyone, and claim anyone who disagrees with them is stupid.

-people who play the race card if anyone disagrees with them.

-people who think they're above the law.

-people who hate me because I believe in God.

-people with the volume on their stereos at maximum when I'm trying to sleep.

-people who lie to get ahead of honest people who are in need.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 10, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-09-10 17:46, Oran1324 wrote:

-people who play the race card if anyone disagrees with them.

Try it sometime. It's really fun. The only bad thing is that since I'm white I rarely get to use it, and people think I'm racist whenever I do so. Speaking of which, I get really pissed off at people that are racist. Or sexist. Or don't take blame for their own problems.

ZaiV2
Sep 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
-when I can't find anything for breakfast.
-when dinner's so late that I have to skip it or risk being a zombie the next day.
-when one of my friends exhorts me to join this message board website but doesn't tell me its main population (certain places, guilds excluded) seems to be under the age of 14.
-when I had too much AP work over the summer.
-being broke because I can't find a job.
-not having my driver's license, yet being in 11th grade (entered early).
-idiots.
-"I'm not legally retarded, but I sure as hell am pushing it" idiots.
-people who criticize me for not having their (read: the trendy) taste in music.
-being forced into a religion which I disagree with on several things (Mom's words: "You will be Confirmed. End of story.") Being confirmed is being accepted as an adult in the religion after going through several years of mind-numbing church school, in which a person learns nothing, and a weekend of church camp, which is extremely uncomfortable for someone who isn't too hip on Catholicism. That, and you have to be confirmed to be married. Just to make it clear, I have nothing against any who call Catholicism their faith.
-the one jackass who keeps asking me if my girlfriend and I have screwed yet.
-forgetting my textbooks at home when they're needed in school.
-egg foo yung. (sp?)
-being socially inept outside of the internet.
-being intelligent enough to know that although my IQ's supposedly something like 143, I still don't really stand out academically.
-acting like a dumbass despite being intelligent.
-Bush being re-elected, the fucking idiot.
-how the price of oil's going to go down for midterm elections, because the Republican party's got big buddies in the oil industry.
-people that don't have the huevos to say things to my face.

leblancdiaz
Sep 12, 2006, 01:13 PM
- When you can't find enough change for the change machine.
- When a pop dispenser doesn't give your pop.
- Whenever you want to do something for yourself, and you can't because everybody elses life is to fucking important.
- When people don't use turn signals.
- The day Chuck Norris fad died.
- When your gun jams

CupOfCoffee
Sep 12, 2006, 01:36 PM
- Japanophiles
- stalkers
- classes (college would be so much better without them)
- binge drinking
- computer problems
- health problems
- hot weather
- looking in the mailbox and finding nothing
- strong wind
- running out of things to do
- nightmares
- how everything costs money
- the way squirrels look so cute but would probably bite you if you tried to pick one up
- car problems
- losing stuff in your own room
- sleeping in too late
- your best friend's class schedule conflicting with yours just enough to make it hard to find time to hang out together
- cold rain
- humidity
- wasting money
- wasting time
- stuff getting stolen
- hungry but nothing sounds good
- summer jobs
- boredom

leblancdiaz
Sep 12, 2006, 07:44 PM
Heres something that I recall back in the day of high school that happens to all of us.

Teachers/principals letting jocks get away with everything while us different, less-popular kids get all the shit.

oh fuck how do i know that...

SCIENCE TEACHER: (for sake of privacy We will call her SCIENCE TEACHER):
OK everyone today we are going to continue our lesson on waves i would like to show you how by filling each of these containers with water and then turning them and record the amount of "Waves" the amount of times you shake it in a minute
and also to make it special i changed it today so that everyone gets to be with the person in front of him.

JOCK FAGGOT: (for the sake of privacy he will be called JOCK FAGGOT because he was on the swim team, and had to shave his legs, making him a faggot)
hay you guys yeah... okay ha i am little john from chappelles show! WHAT!?!
*talks to girl next to him* so are you going to our game tonight, we are against the cougars... GO WARRIORS!

ME:Okay So *shakes container* *stopwatch starts* One... Two Three... Four... Fiv-

JOCK FAGGOT: (smacks container out of hand bumps water everywhere off desk)
YOU DUMBASS! LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO MY UNIFORM! FAG! YOU FUCKING FAG! *insert other selected deragitives of gay people or asshole with the word fuck thrown around*

15 Minutes Later

ME: Well I have art class next, i have to go, see you later.

JOCK FAGGOT: (purposely pushes me so my pottery gets smashed)
DUUURRRRR! YOU BROKE YOUR POT, YOU FAGGOT FAGGOT! FUCK!

ME: Alllright... Great... I failed another damn project...oh well i will just mention that shithead on the internet soon enough...

Yep stuff that happen in my school.

DizzyDi
Sep 12, 2006, 07:55 PM
- People who don't take pride in thier race

- People who call themselves a follower of a certain religion, yet rarely ever stick to its beliefs when it comes down to it

- When theres something in the fridge I'm looking foward to consuming and it turns up gone.

- Women (sometimes)

- Liars

leblancdiaz
Sep 12, 2006, 08:02 PM
1. People who post LOADS of bulletins on myspace

2. People on myspace that post bulletins asking people to comment their pictures... fucking gayers.

3. Ugly people on myspace who post bulletins asking for pic comments... like what are you meant to say!
And unsolicited myspace requests
And parents who cant control their children

6. People who steal sayings from animated TV show...

7. People in shops who refuse to admit they are 3 sizes bigger than they used to be.

8. Old people. They smell of piss and walk Stupidly slow and disapprove of everything.

9. Parents who have kids who are about 8 and let them hit/swear (at) total strangers.
10. People who don’t stop at zebra crossings.

11. Dial up internet connections

12. When the cereal is all powdery at the end and goes all rank in the milk.
13. 1337 5P33K

People with emoticons assigned to the letter 'e' or other common characters on msn such as in a normal conversation it gets filled with lots of dancing hippos and letters and flashing exclamation marks. These offenders are now blocked and won’t be unblocked until they sort it out.

Where anthrax foundation (made by Nivia) but don't tell any, therefore they will die and then no one has to put up with it.

14. Pretty people saying they are ugly/skinny people saying they are obese/anyone compliment fishing

People pinging your bra strap (yeah my friends need to grow up)

In-jokes 6 years old that really weren’t funny in the first place

People being offended by swearing, when you're just using it in everyday speech

Dangerous55
Sep 12, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-09-12 18:02, leblancdiaz wrote:

People pinging your bra strap (yeah my friends need to grow up)

You're a girl?! Wow...

MadEwokHerd
Sep 12, 2006, 10:52 PM
People that claim to like a band, yet they either
A)Like one or two songs
B)The very few songs they like are the most popular songs by the band
C)Claim to, "Not know any song names"
D)Only like one period of a bands career. I hate it when people go, "I only like the early years of (Insert Band Name Here)" or, "I only like their new stuff."

You don't like the band. You only like a few songs because other people like them. And you don't like the band if you listen to one period. I listen to all of the works by all bands I like, INCLUDING Risk, by Megadeth. Anybody that knows that album understands my devotion.

leblancdiaz
Sep 13, 2006, 10:58 AM
nah man I'm a guy I just did stuff that I'm some what ashame of in drama class 4 years ago, *sniff good times.

Rainbowlemon
Sep 13, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-09-12 18:02, leblancdiaz wrote:
1. People who post LOADS of bulletins on myspace

2. People on myspace that post bulletins asking people to comment their pictures... fucking gayers.

3. Ugly people on myspace who post bulletins asking for pic comments... like what are you meant to say!

People who use Myspace o_O

Also, people that say lend instead of borrow (and vice versa), and when people insist they're right even if you've got indisputable evidence that they're wrong.

Nixia
Sep 13, 2006, 03:32 PM
People who ask to borrow a piece of paper.

Leviathan
Sep 13, 2006, 03:41 PM
~ Algebra.
~ Stupid desicisions.
~ Drunk drivers.
~ The so called "Playas."
~ People who call you stupid because you think outside of the box.
~ Batteries.
~ People who still make cliques.
~ Your mom jokes.
~ Being broke and not being able to get a job because of your age.
~ The so called "Best Movies of the Year" when half of them aren't even that great.
~ Kids that want to be "Gangstas".
~ Saying that being one nationality is "THE BEST IN DA WORLD!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!"

Xaos127
Sep 13, 2006, 06:29 PM
Right now ? my girlfriend..

And people who reply in paragraphs to simple questions like "What Really Grinds Your Gears?"

PJ
Sep 13, 2006, 06:50 PM
Math teachers who can do the math as well as their students.

Not even smart students. Students who need to learn the math, but who are genuinly at the same level as the teacher.

On a related note, administration for hiring this doofus this year

Flamingo99
Sep 19, 2006, 10:55 PM
Lindesy Lohan

navci
Sep 20, 2006, 12:13 AM
This thread. It looks almost hateful now.

isahn80
Sep 20, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-09-19 22:13, navci wrote:
This thread. It looks almost hateful now.

Yeah really. I almost don't even want to post.

Shit that really puts sand in my vaseline: (oh wait, that's "grinds my gears")

-Morons
-Hypocrites
-"alpha males"
-Just about anything trendy
-Greedo shooting first
-People who think they're Japanese because they eat lots of sushi and watch only subbed anime (my girlfriend's sister is like this. It's really quite pitiful).
-People who automatically assume ex-cons are pieces of shit. Hey, people make mistakes, dickwad!
-People who bitch about being fat but refuse to exercise (usually while chomping on a Big-Mac)
-feminazis
-People who don't mind when their pets shit all over the floor. While doing my job (pest control) I see this more frequently than I should.
-White people that use ebonics
-most of the other shit people have already mentioned

Nogatorr
Sep 20, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-09-12 20:52, MadEwokHerd wrote:
People that claim to like a band, yet they either
A)Like one or two songs
B)The very few songs they like are the most popular songs by the band
C)Claim to, "Not know any song names"
D)Only like one period of a bands career. I hate it when people go, "I only like the early years of (Insert Band Name Here)" or, "I only like their new stuff."

You don't like the band. You only like a few songs because other people like them. And you don't like the band if you listen to one period. I listen to all of the works by all bands I like, INCLUDING Risk, by Megadeth. Anybody that knows that album understands my devotion.

That, is true devotion. Oddly enough, Risk kicks the shit out of any Metallica album.

Things that Grind My Gears

-Language Barriers
-Japs getting the bonus tracks to every single album. I mean, I understand that CDs aer fucking expensive over there, but seriously, I want the Jap bonus track too.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 24, 2006, 08:41 AM
- final fantasy
- final fantasy fans
- final fantasy fans that reply: what?! how could you not have played ~~~, it was the greatest ~~~ ever!
And the current one running thru this September for some reason:
- being misunderstood

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 25, 2006, 05:30 PM
well, time for me to start:
nazis
sexists
racists
facists
people who try to impose their beliefs(religious, political, philosiphical, or whatever) onto others
eurocentrics who think that western culture is the dominant culture
president bush(wait, I think that goes in the same category as the previous six. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
stupid people
math
the schedule for my bus to get from one campus of my university to the other
gangsta wannabes
emos
capitalism
nuclear weapons
manbearpig
people who think that HUmars are teh NOOBmar.

KojiroAK
Sep 25, 2006, 05:57 PM
Car pimpers that think every one should hear there car, specialy at midnight.

You whent to bed but, *umpf umpf umpf* (very loud techno) *kriii*(sounds of a burn out) *vroaaam*

Drivers that accelerate as fast as there car can, between a green traffic light and the next red one, which is only about 10-50 meters ahead and was just before a second changed to red.

Peoply that's drives SUVs and complain about high prices of fuel.

Innominate
Sep 26, 2006, 05:39 PM
Celebrity Worship.

Blitzkommando
Sep 26, 2006, 09:11 PM
Fascists
Communists (Of all degrees)
Socialists (Again, of all degrees)
Environmentalist wackos
Hippies
Racists
Nazis and Neo-Nazis (Though technically they fall under socialists, fascists and racists)
Far too many Congressmen to list
Those annoying people that think only American made vehicles should be owned and purchased in the United States (Hey, get Ford and GM to fix their problems and I might consider their products again. Until then I'll be happy with my Honda/Toyota/etc.)
Terrorists
Nihilists (No need to be so angsty and emotional because YOU think life has no purpose)
Sexists
Hollywood in general (Greatest per capita of screwballs and nutjobs in the world. Also home to the least-skilled most overpaid 'workers' in the world.)
Pedophiles, rapists, and other sex offenders (Molestation, rape, and the like are some of the worst crimes after murder in my book.)
Murderers
Income taxes
The end results of Marbury v. Madison (Ruining the US legal system since 1803)
The entire legal system of the US today (Let's sue for this lady because she spilled her own coffee on her own lap and make several million dollars off the case! Hoorah!)
The lack of oil refineries in the US along with the lack of oil drilling within the US
The 'spend less now but we end up replacing years sooner so we spend several times more overall' attitude of the government in general (Especially the highways and roadways)

There's plenty more but I figure these alone piss off enough people.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 26, 2006, 10:24 PM
What really boils my goat:
Punks that think they know everything, or what we'd be best off with
Family Guy
American Dad
Rich People that claim they're poor
People that claim that people vacuum their lawn
People that claim that bacon is healthy
...Wait a minute...those last three are all quotes from one of my friends...

Nogatorr
Sep 26, 2006, 11:24 PM
Chase

Any one who is allergic to both Cats and Dogs, but still have both anyway because his parents hate him.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 26, 2006, 11:27 PM
Chase does more than grinds my gears. He crushes them with his massive ass and then eats them.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 27, 2006, 01:58 AM
The guy who sits behind you, pushes your chair with his knees, puts his feet on your book holder underneath the chair and proceeds to use it like a trampoline, not do any work, leaves halfway into the class, and should have just not come to class anyway.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Sep 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
Dad still used Internet Exploder...

Shattered_weasel
Sep 27, 2006, 12:26 PM
People that take cereal and put it into a larger container.
People that believe the Banana is the Athiest's worst nightmare.
People that bitch about Warlocks in WoW.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 27, 2006, 12:49 PM
On 2006-09-26 19:11, Norvekh wrote:
Nazis and Neo-Nazis (Though technically they fall under socialists, fascists and racists)

socialists and facists are like two complete opposites.

Schubalts
Sep 27, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-09-27 10:26, Shattered_weasel wrote:

What the crap? Bananas?!

Blitzkommando
Sep 27, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-09-27 10:49, Shiroryuu wrote:

And yet it was the National Socialist Party... Hmm...

KojiroAK
Sep 27, 2006, 04:15 PM
The S was for people, that would also believe, S.Hussein and Al Kaida would going togehter.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 27, 2006, 07:31 PM
On 2006-09-27 11:06, Schubalts wrote:

On 2006-09-27 10:26, Shattered_weasel wrote:

What the crap? Bananas?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF3L359yKjs&mode=related&search=

Schubalts
Sep 27, 2006, 08:32 PM
That is the most retarded hilarious thing I have seen today! Bananas fit the human mouth perfectly! I almost cried. xD

Nogatorr
Sep 27, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-09-27 12:36, Norvekh wrote:

National Socialist Party /= Nationalist Socialist Party, however you seem to imply that it does. Booyeah.

Blitzkommando
Sep 27, 2006, 09:51 PM
On 2006-09-27 19:42, Nogatorr wrote:

On 2006-09-27 12:36, Norvekh wrote:

National Socialist Party /= Nationalist Socialist Party, however you seem to imply that it does. Booyeah.

Nazism refers to the ideology held by the National Socialist German Workers Party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, commonly called the NSDAP or Nazi Party), and its so-called Weltanschauung when in power from 1933 to 1945, the time of the "Third Reich."

Atayin
Sep 27, 2006, 09:58 PM
Debt.

arrrgghhh...

Nogatorr
Sep 27, 2006, 09:59 PM
Whoops, I forgot my history... oh well. I got pwned.

KojiroAK
Sep 28, 2006, 09:48 AM
The S was just for Hunting for the votes of the workers.
Real socialsm means amongst others integration.
And one NSDAP didn't was integration.

Only thing you realy can call socialistic was the ABM(Arbeitsbeschaffungsmassnahme = job-creation measure)
But this ABM was to build roads, railways and so on, which was also needed for the comming war.
So even in this you realy can't find a socialistic mind behind.

What is the realy point, was they said they are the best over all (Herrenrasse) and they are the only wich has the right to lead the world, and that's what made them Nationaists/Fascist.

And one little hint "We are the best, we are here to clean the world, even if we have to do ilegal things we have the right to do it, because we have the holly assignment"

Sounds a little bit familiar, doesn't it?

And at Comunism you should differ between udssr comunism and real comunism.
In real comunsim every body would be the same.
worker , medicines, judges, proffesors, actors, poitician leaders, would be the same, amongst others in what they get, for example (cars, houses, clothes)
No class differences.
Since they do all there job for the society.
And realy comunism can only be in the free decision of everybody.

So you can see, udssr hadn't comunism.

But real communsim is one of the hardest to get in this world, when not impossible.
Since mankind allways ask for there benefit, want allways to be better then others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-28 10:34 ]</font>

MadEwokHerd
Sep 28, 2006, 05:03 PM
To attain true communism is impossible. While communism, and anarchy, sound good in words, they are truely terrible if ever achieved. Somebody will mess up the communist system (Stalin) or people will go apeshit during anarchy because nobody can enforce laws. Anybody can get robbed or shot and killed at any point in time.

As for biting my nuggets, I'd have to say protestors that shouldn't be protesting bite a big chunk. Students at the illegal immigrant protests really pissed me off...

Blitzkommando
Sep 28, 2006, 09:10 PM
I find both forms of communism equally disgusting. Thus, I see Marxist communism and Soviet Socialist communism as equally revolting.

KojiroAK
Sep 28, 2006, 09:55 PM
@norvekh
Could you explain why?

What does make communism in your eyes bad?

@Madevokherd

I think, anarchy is wanted by people, that doesn't realy know what's the basics of democracy.

Democracy is that one what realy gives people the most power.

But at the moment we do see more and more plutocracy occur.
(reign of money)
What also brings up, that the human does less count, but more the productivity or what there worth in thermes of economy.
Is always more the question how do we earn more and more money in short time.
And not what is important for people, what gives us also the possiblity to have tomorow also the possibilities to life.

Means to lumber whole Forrest, but don't look, thats tommorow also Whoods there.
To fish the whole occean empty, and don't look, thats tommorow also Fishes there.

All to get in short times big winnings.

But forget, we have to live on this planet also tommorow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-28 20:12 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Sep 28, 2006, 11:36 PM
Let's look through the ten points shall we?

Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.

That reason alone is enough for me to know that I want nothing to do with communism. I don't believe in sharing land with the 'public' as it would mean the there would be no privacy as there is no place that is 'private'.

A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

Seeing that the United States was able to run for nearly 100 years with no income tax, and it was shortly abolished after the Civil War for another approximately 50 years I see no reason why it is necessary to fatten the Federal government to the point it has come to today. In essence, I find it unnecessary not to mention, from my interperitation of the Constitution, illegal.

Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

I frankly don't want my government telling me I can't have what my parent's owned because it wants the inheritance instead. I find even the current laws on inheritance sickeningly strong.

Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

Wow, centristism at its finest. Also the fact that the government would in turn be able to define what a rebel is makes it extremely scary. Again, this point alone is way beyond anything I ever hope to see happen anywhere.

Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

So, there is only one bank and all credit is gone through that one bank. And that bank is owned by the government. No thanks I like my freedom of choice and free thought.

Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.

So, the government has all control of communication and transportation. Meaning they know whenever and whomever I communicate with and whenever and wherever I go somewhere. I like my privacy, thanks.

Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

So, the government owns the industry of the nation as well as the agriculture. Sounds like super-socialism that I want nothing to be part. They also determine apparently how that agriculture is handled which is again a way of forcing a market. No thanks.

Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

So instead of equal opportunity to work, everyone is forced to work. And an establishment of an agrigarian economy. Sorry, neither of those work, especially in today's world. I believe everyone has the opportunity to work, meaning everyone has equal chance to apply for work and get a job. Obligation to work means that no matter what you must work, again, some people shouldn't work and others are given the opportunity not to work.

Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.

This is a rather antiquated viewpoint on how to run industry. Agriculture today requires far fewer people, has far higher yields, and is far more efficient than it was when Marx wrote this. Today most people in the 'industrialized' world work in the service industry, not manufacturing or agriculture (by majority it is huge, technically a supermajority 70+%). Some land simply cannot be distributed by populace for various reasons. Whether it is the topography of the land (mountains, swamps, marsh, etc.) or what the land is used for (farming, waste disposal, etc.).

Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.

No. Just, no. I am a staunch opponent to public education that is regulated, funded, and administered by the government (at any level, local, State, or federal). Essentially the government is given the power to choose just what to educate the populous and what not to educate the populous. This is yet another thing that I would be happier seeing private sponsorship of schools rather than government sponsorship.

Child labor is a non-factor in the United States. If someone wants to tackle that they can do so attempting to cause change in South East Asia. I hope that is successful, but I highly doubt seeing a change there for a long time, if ever.

Education within manufacturing is again part of the public education that I find as wrong as well as manufacturing is a rather small minority of the job force today (greater than agriculture obviously, but far less than service oriented jobs).

sprky585
Sep 28, 2006, 11:43 PM
god, there are so many people at my school who act like little 3rd graders, all they do is boost their own ego while making fun of everyone else, and they're the weak people, the kind that if you punch them in the shoulder they will scream and curse at you for 5 minutes, i hate those people

KojiroAK
Sep 29, 2006, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't realy call this communism.

Since there are taxes wich means, there is money, in real comunism (like i see it) there is no need for Money, because people would get what they need( and some more).

People, and that's the point where lies the problem, would only work of the reason that they do it for the comunity.
Not for there own benefit.
(because of there own will, not cause they are forced to do it)

Education would be an important thing, since all of them decides as equal beeings(democracy), the way they want to go.
Also none restricted information.
Since they are all equal, the all get the same information.
(No mmissleading informations of politicians, interesst groups and stuff like that.)

But it wouldn't be on cost of the individuality of the single.
(means a comunity of individual beeings)

Since there are no battle of huge concerns, states, interesst groups, colleagues(aka. mobbing), that all only look they can get big benefit as possible, there is much energy saved.

So at least the progress could be much faster.

And since the people would know what they need and not allways told what they shell need , there would be much resources saved.

Blitzkommando
Sep 29, 2006, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't realy call this communism.
It's the Ten Points of the Communist Manifesto. It is definitely communism.

Since there are taxes wich means, there is money, in real comunism (like i see it) there is no need for Money, because people would get what they need( and some more).
So, a barter system. Welcome to 2000 BC.

People, and that's the point where lies the problem, would only work of the reason that they do it for the comunity.
Not for there own benefit.
(because of there own will, not cause they are forced to do it)
Not everyone would benefit. Most would not benefit, hence why it isn't done.

Education would be an important thing, since all of them decides as equal beeings(democracy), the way they want to go.
Also none restricted information.
Since they are all equal, the all get the same information.
(No mmissleading informations of politicians, interesst groups and stuff like that.)
That's an impossibility. Every human has bias simply from personal experience. It is impossible, with emotions, to not have misinformation. Education is important, which is why it should be left unregulated by the federal government. Regulation by a federal body means that it is the government that chooses what to teach, how to teach it, and how important it is to teach.

But it wouldn't be on cost of the individuality of the single.
(means a comunity of individual beeings)
If all people were suddenly equal in all status, where a janitor makes the same income as a brain surgeon, where would the incentive be to be a brain surgeon? There would be no income incentive, the work is some of the hardest in the world, and you live with the potential mistakes that can cause serious problems with the patient. I would say it would cost not just the individual, but the community as a whole far too great a price.

Since there are no battle of huge concerns, states, interesst groups, colleagues(aka. mobbing), that all only look they can get big benefit as possible, there is much energy saved.
Like I say, there always will be groups out for their own agenda. It's human nature. Unless you can de-humanize the world this is impossible.

So at least the progress could be much faster.
Not necessarily. Progress requires work, lots of hard work. Under communism, like I said, all workers get equal pay. There is no incentive to get out of some easy job, like say a bus driver, even if the person is capable of advanced engineering. It, in effect, hampers progress.

And since the people would know what they need and not allways told what they shell need , there would be much resources saved.

Told what they need by the government. There would be no want because there is nothing to want. Since all would be equal, all would have the same things and nothing more or nothing less. Since supply of, say, 50" Plasma HDTVs is so low, people would all run something that is far easier to get, like a 27" tube television. Powerful computers for home users? No, everyone gets whatever is most common. Home built computers? Only from the same set of parts meaning they would all be the same anyway.

I have no problem with someone owning more or less than me. I have no problem with someone owning more land than me. However, that's what makes freedom of choice so great. You can choose your job. You can choose your house, your land, your television. None of them are mandated by the government. All of these go away under communism. I'd rather live like a human than slug away as an automaton.

Shigecki
Sep 29, 2006, 02:12 PM
What grinds my gears?

When people don't read the forum rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum) and hijack a topic.

Schubalts
Sep 29, 2006, 06:44 PM
I think Shigecki just won the topic...

Solstis
Sep 29, 2006, 08:56 PM
Pseudoephedrine sulfate. I mean, really, why must you make me so sleepy and disoriented? Just to keep my allergic reactions down? Boo!

Alielle
Sep 30, 2006, 04:33 PM
Hypocrisy. E.g., When someone calls you preachy when you drop a few words in on a subject that you happen to feel strongly about, but turn around and do the same thing only using pictures of murder victims punctuated by editorialized versions of their situations to make his point.

watashiwa
Sep 30, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-09-30 14:33, Alielle wrote:
but turn around and do the same thing only using pictures of murder victims punctuated by editorialized versions of their situations to make his point.

Wow. Just wow.

Blenjar
Sep 30, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-09-29 12:12, Shigecki wrote:
What grinds my gears?

When people don't read the forum rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum) and hijack a topic.

+2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2006-09-30 19:07 ]</font>

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 1, 2006, 09:42 PM
Bagged Nitrogen. Err, Potato chips. 50%+ Nitrogen and they still end up getting crushed.

sprky585
Oct 1, 2006, 09:58 PM
i got a new one...i hate cars that sound like a boeing 747 taking off when they accelerate from a stop light...i mean cmon, its obnoxious

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 1, 2006, 10:02 PM
People who thing thier RV handles like a high performance car...

DonRoyale
Oct 6, 2006, 03:27 PM
Emos. They say their life sucks. Well, if you think it's that bad, THEN FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING. All emos are are 2-year-olds who complain about how bad their life is, when they don't realize there are starving, poverty-stricken children in Africa, people without homes, families, or anything. Realize how good your life is, and FUCKING GET OVER IT.

Also, love. I'll admit it, for teenagers, it's a huge lose-lose situation. With attractive people, they only want you if you are even more attractive than them, and they have terrible personalities, being all concieted and posh and self-centered. And you know where all the good personalities lie? You betcha, the ugly ones. I'll admit it, I do have standards when it comes to appearance, and even more when it comes to personality, but I'm an ugly person. I just don't see me getting the 'perfect' girlfriend anytime soon. Realizing that, I've decided to wait, and not 'hunt the hotties'. I just wish others would follow my example instead of being lustful, horny, shallow idiots...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Well, that's what grinds my gears. (God, haven't made an entry in here since I posted, and now it's almost at 100 replies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

MadEwokHerd
Oct 6, 2006, 05:07 PM
I hate constipation, or when my poo is too big.