PDA

View Full Version : Are rares easier to find on GC version than old DC version?

ThresholdRPG
Nov 4, 2002, 02:37 AM
I bought the GC version of PSO a few days ago and my wife and I have been having fun playing again.

We play 100% online. We have no intention of every going online with our GC (we'll miss our former DC friends, but we just do not feel like buying extra hardware for our GC for one game).

Are rares easier to find in this version of the game compared to the DC version (speaking of offline play only). The only thing we hated about PSO on the Dreamcast was that rares were wayyyyyyyy too rare. We just didn't have the time to put into the game to find a lot of the cool items (I think I had a total of about 400 hours and she had about 300 hours, and we found probably less than 5-8 different rare items on our own).

Thanks!

Sedyne
Nov 4, 2002, 05:26 AM
from what i've heard rares are less RARE but MORE RARE...i know thats confusing but what was meant by it from what i interpreted is that "rare boxes" won't just show up in every damn room like they did in v2 and usually ended up being shitty but less rare boxes will appear, however you have much much better chances of getting the RARER RARES now when you find a rare box. lol....welll that's just "what i heard" and ii'm only level 50 and i've found a decent amount of v1 rares that are enjoyable to play with and a couple new items that were added to the game. sonic team definitly did a better job this time distributing rare.s

CorneliusPower
Nov 4, 2002, 05:29 AM
I came along an item called Photon Drop....I have 1 of them. I along came someone on-line and they mentioned photon-drops are rare, very rare....well what does it do, cause many ppl wanna trade me for mine?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CorneliusPower on 2002-11-04 02:31 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 4, 2002, 06:00 AM
There's some online quest that will let you trade in your Photon Drops for rare items. I don't remember what you can get though...

Bulleta
Nov 4, 2002, 07:51 AM
Its good to hear that rare items are found more often.
I think that the biggest reason for cheaters on the DC was that rare items where so special and take hours upon hours to find.(cheaters are impatient people)
To find a rare is like winning the lottery only to find a thug's hit you on the back of your head with a plank of wood and run off with your prize cheque.
With common rares the cheques probably only worth 50 bucks the thug probably wouldn't bother, but you would still be happy in the knowledge of winning a prize.

RavenTW
Nov 4, 2002, 08:53 AM
I'm only level 30 and I've found a Varista, Photon Launcher, and a Photon Drop, all in Hard Caves and Mines (except the Pdrop, that was in Normal), so yeah, you do find more rares, and better ones.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 4, 2002, 09:47 AM
i'm lv 35 and all i have are 3 photon drops (sold em all), a photon launcher, a varista, an m&a60 vise and last night i finally found my booma claw.

*note* you dont have to have unsealed door open to make the parts inyto weapons. i did the selected elenor & dr. montehugh quests and got him to make in it the quest 'dr. osto's research'.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 4, 2002, 11:28 AM
I've been getting lots of common rares. Rare monsters have always dropped me a rare weapon or item in hard mode and on.

Nerd
Nov 4, 2002, 02:56 PM
i found something, dont know if its rare or not though, its called Amplifier of Barta...i dont know how to use it however, it doesnt have a 'use' option, just like a scapedoll...

Anyone know if this is rare, or has real value?

thanks

Dangerous55
Nov 4, 2002, 03:14 PM
I found 2 photon drops, and some ver1 stuff, only level 36. I want a Photon Launcher, what the hell is it?

Scan_Man
Nov 4, 2002, 04:36 PM
On 2002-11-04 11:56, Nerd wrote:
i found something, dont know if its rare or not though, its called Amplifier of Barta...i dont know how to use it however, it doesnt have a 'use' option, just like a scapedoll...

Anyone know if this is rare, or has real value?

thanks

Before you can use the barta amplifier you must have a blue barrier. When you have both items in your inventory, select the amplifier and you will be able to choose the "use" function. Once you hit "use" a neat little effect will happen. Last, the two items will combine to create Barta Merge (increase barta damage by a lot).

The way the new rare system works makes it easy to document which ID finds what and where. Therefore if one seeks a certain rare just go kill the enemy that drops that rare for that section ID. Naturally it will take a few tries to find the desired rare.

By playing heat sword a few times, I was able to document just about everything my ID, redria, finds in ultimate forest. For example, barbles drop inferno bazooka, el rappys drop sacred cloth, pal rappy gives red handgun, and hidelts drop god battle.

Good thing to remember is monsters usually have one rare that they drop. The exception is some monsters will give either a rare or a photon drop (robots in ult mines give me tp revival or a photon drop). Boxes give rares, but it is a mix up between 2-3 common rares. Last, the same rares drop offline as do online. No more online exclusive rares like on v2.

Currently I am trying to document redria rares for ultimate seabed. The only thing I got so far is; sinow zoa drops ano rifle, recon drops perfect resist, and the only rare I found in a box was durandle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2002-11-04 13:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2002-11-04 13:40 ]</font>

ginko990
Nov 4, 2002, 05:35 PM
Im level 39, and so far on Hard mode I've found MUSASHI, BLADE DANCE, DB'S SABER, BATTLE VERGE, and TALIS. And an addslot.

w00t w00t, I love this game.

googles
Nov 4, 2002, 07:14 PM
i found s parts in normal mines http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sim2002
Nov 4, 2002, 07:53 PM
So far at level 23 all I have found is the Grass Assasian arms (on easy in caves)... as always my luck is bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDarkness
Nov 5, 2002, 04:16 PM
I have found a decent amount of rare things, but no real weapons just yet. My RAcaseal is level 35 and her section ID is Yellowboze.

I've found:
-Photon Drop
-Grass Assassin's Arm
-Rappy's wing (or something like that)
-Addslot
-Blue Barrier

I have been trying to figure out where I take the Arms and such, but now I know. Things have been rather cool so far, but I just hope I can find a decent pair of mechguns sometime soon.

-EDarkness