PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still play online?... (Gamecube)

yanya
Sep 9, 2006, 11:35 PM
I'm thinking of getting a new HL to play Online until PSU releases next month, and was wondering if anybody still plays online... and more importantly, where?

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 9, 2006, 11:37 PM
ummm ive been trying to play online for a long time but when i try and buy the broadband connecter i somehow never get it because the person doesnt end up selling the item but i want to get online whut r the benifts

yanya
Sep 9, 2006, 11:41 PM
Well... besides being able to boogie down in the lobbies? The main thing is the chance to play with other people. =D

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 9, 2006, 11:47 PM
where kan i get a connecter for cheap

Splash
Sep 9, 2006, 11:50 PM
There's barely anyone left so you could still play. But just know that there are very few people left.

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 9, 2006, 11:51 PM
y doesnt anyone play online on the gamecube anymore

MadEwokHerd
Sep 10, 2006, 12:33 AM
If you want to find players on the ST Servers, check the Japanese Ships...during the hours that they are awake. As for why there aren't too many people online...ask them. They probably got tired of FSOD and corruption due to FSOD.

Zabrio
Sep 10, 2006, 10:55 AM
As soon as i get Gamecube online i will be play very often ... (word of advice to aviod moders dont go to first ship go to the one that starts with D then block 10 I heard there are no modders there)

Zabrio
Sep 10, 2006, 10:55 AM
FSOD???

yanya
Sep 10, 2006, 12:45 PM
FSOD = Frozen Screen Of Death (Game freezes, have to either reset or power down.)

It's kind of a bad thing... especially if it happens while saving, it can corrupt your file thus killing your characters. The worst place I've heard of this happening is the Double-Save when you enter a game online. Fortunately for me, I've yet to be stricken with this deadly affliction... and about four fifths of my 400+ Hours was spent online. It's a risk you have to take though if you're wanting to play online.

Nogatorr
Sep 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
I play online when I have the time, but I have unfortunately been corrupted once, but thankfully, my highest lvl character was only lvl 100.

Splash
Sep 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
FSOD is nothing if you compare it to the advance version where it corrupts your character file.

Still though, it is very dangerous and as said, if you really want to play online, you will have to take that risk. Just be warned that you may lose some of your best items because of it.

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 10, 2006, 03:20 PM
oooo if i lose my chars that would suck soo ill probaly not go online now lol

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 10, 2006, 03:21 PM
lol one more thing i love my chars there like my kids if they die i die lol ima loser lol but pso is liek the online game i play more than anything else now a days

xxTrystanxx
Sep 10, 2006, 08:58 PM
Zaro, I hate to break it to you, but the original poster is asking about GameCube. The ship that begins with a "D" and block 10 is probalbly Davburite 10, which is the Xbox "Legit Ship." But the same principle applies, the most FSODers and modders probably hang out on the first ship and block, just because that's where most people will go.

We don't have nearly as much problem with FSOD on Xbox. Despite the rumors, it's very difficult to totally FSOD someone -- you don't need to, anyhow. Our own Xboxes do it often enough.

The only way that I've personally seen someone deliberately mess up someone's game online was they were coming up through someone else's telepipe, and the person who dropped the TP left the game. The person who was still in the TP got caught in an endless loop, and obviously had to shut their Xbox off. But's it's easy enough to avoid ppl like that by using your own TP, or taking someone else's TP only when everyone is on the surface.

DarkLight66
Sep 11, 2006, 08:23 AM
I've never been online with pso but I was thinking about it. That is until I was told that it was no longer online. I'm not sure if its true or not so could someone please let me know.

xxTrystanxx
Sep 11, 2006, 08:43 AM
There's still plenty of people online with GC. Especially still on the Japanese ships. There are other "private servers," too, however, but it's against PSO-World rules to discuss them in detail here. I don't have any information on those anyhow, I play Xbox.

DarkLight66
Sep 11, 2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I'll go buy myself a Broadband adaptor and get online.