PDA

View Full Version : whats all the new content in Xbox version?

Arthur5221
Sep 12, 2006, 12:09 AM
just curious cause i ordered it on Xbox and was wanting to know about the extra stuff in the xbox version. Thanks alot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zabrio
Sep 12, 2006, 12:53 AM
What system did you play previously?

Arthur5221
Sep 12, 2006, 12:56 AM
gamecube

Zabrio
Sep 12, 2006, 12:57 AM
what edition + or regular

Zabrio
Sep 12, 2006, 01:03 AM
Nothing really all that changes is from plus to regular is you have to download the tower quest and the fire swirl but there is not much change from GC to Xbox just the controller and system

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaro on 2006-09-11 23:08 ]</font>

Arthur5221
Sep 12, 2006, 01:09 AM
oh. i saw some screenshots earlier of levels i have never even seen before along with weapons. Was there a way to get more levels on this game or something?

Drayma
Sep 12, 2006, 09:30 AM
There is a big difference between GC and Xbox versions. The xbox version requires a gamertag to play offline. If you have never subscribed to Xbox live you just wasted your money. The xbox version has realtime shadows and most gamecubes these days don't do 480p. The GC version if your GC has progressive scan has better graphics than the xbox.

No there are no new levels you can download and thats a major shame because other online rpgs do it and the xbox has a hard drive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drayma on 2006-09-12 07:36 ]</font>

Zabrio
Sep 12, 2006, 11:10 AM
personaly i'd stick with GC it cheaper for online and you don't need online for off line and GC has private Servers

xxTrystanxx
Sep 12, 2006, 02:47 PM
It's true you need a gamertag on your Xbox hard drive, but many games nowadays give out free trial xboxlive activation codes. Also, PSO gives you your first 2 months free, so you could use this to set up a gamertag.

Failing that, if you have a friend with xboxlive, and you KNOW for certain you'll never want to go online with PSO you could get something with his gamertag on a memory card and transfer it to your xbox. Then you will be able to use that gamertag to use PSO. But like I said, you wouldn't ever be able to go online with it, because it saves the characters to your gamertag.

Not that PSOX online is much to write home about, we've been stuck in the Christmas event for months now, with no hope of an update in sight. Nonetheless, there are still some of us holdouts will to stick with it.