PDA

View Full Version : tips on gal griffon

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 5, 2002, 12:17 AM
im gonna try beating him with my HUcaseal <lvl 32> and i have no special weapons whatsoever....got ne tips and do u think i can beat him? i just wanna get over with gal griffon and go against olga!

Sedric
Nov 5, 2002, 12:35 AM
There is one and only one tip: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!! Details on why are as follows:

He has a pattern of going up in air, shoots homing tornados, glides low, lands, feints, (but he sometimes does linear thunder attack) big stomp shockwave, do rampage run, walk, feint, then goes up in air, repeat.

His most threatening attack is one after when he stops feinting: Big Stomp Shockwave. It deals ridiculous damage, and at point blank range, it's an instant death. (All his other attacks are "managable" to survive) Luckily, its damage decreases as you're farther away. (it also has max range, which seems to be just under a Rifle range)

Anyway, when he feints, don't charge in. Unlike Forest Dragon, his head won't even drop to melee range anyway. So use guns. If you're a Ranger w/ rifles, then you're all set! But if you're not, then you gotta take some risk w/ handgun. (NO MECHGUN!!) Aim for head, wings, or his butt. Also, don't ever stand in front of him as you shoot him for two reason: (1) he might do linear thunder attack, which you don't wanna be in the way, and (2) he can run you over right away when he does rampage run. (However, he'll run you over eventually as he runs in circular loop-- but you can actually dodge if you position yourself at right spot, usually center) He has LOTS OF HP, and at first it may seem you're fighting him for an eternity, but it'll come to an end eventually.

Extra tip: his weakness is ice, but don't use it, unless you wanna get trempled over easily. Use guns ONLY. Also, if you got rafoie, you can hit him when he's in air.

If you REALLY wanna get close to hit him with short-range stuffs, then do it ONLY when he walks after "rampage attack." If he stops running in front of you, better the oppertunity.

BTW, if you can't survive his glide or rampage, you have no hope of beating him.

I hope that helped.

[ADDED]: About your Lv. 32 HUcaseal: easy! You don't need any special guns. Just do solid hard attacks on it whenever you can. (It's even eaiser for you due to your char's very good ATA) Just remember this: no matter how tough he may seem, he's NOT as hard as Gol Dragon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-11-04 21:46 ]</font>

MaJin
Nov 5, 2002, 12:03 PM
Wow thx for the tips, i m lvl24 HUcaseal fought him once and died cuz of his STOMP. I think i ll use my LockGun and see if it works on him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.