PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: I Started a New Fone (look inside)

Kyoukan
Sep 15, 2006, 04:17 PM
I Started a new fone and i really dont know how to raise one. So can anyone give me some tips, advice, anything else?

-Thankyou

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyoukan on 2006-09-16 14:59 ]</font>

Undeadpriest
Sep 15, 2006, 04:22 PM
First is it a FOnewman or a FOnewearl?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undeadpriest on 2006-09-15 14:22 ]</font>

Kyoukan
Sep 15, 2006, 04:26 PM
Newearl =P

Undeadpriest
Sep 15, 2006, 04:27 PM
The best advice i can give you is to have LOTS and LOTS of money becase you will need to buy plenty of Monofluid.nd just be careful in-battle.

Cry0
Sep 15, 2006, 04:35 PM
s, d, resta, j, z, and then nuke.

and stay out of trouble. lol, that about sums up how much i like fo's. and how to work m

Ether
Sep 15, 2006, 05:15 PM
Raise a mag with 186 mind

PMB960
Sep 15, 2006, 06:08 PM
Give them as many HP mats as you can right off the bat, Fonewearls have the lowest HP in the game. Also did you make your character as short as possible, sometimes enemies miss when you are close since they are so short.

Splash
Sep 15, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-09-15 16:08, PMB960 wrote:
Give them as many HP mats as you can right off the bat, Fonewearls have the lowest HP in the game.

No, save your HP mats until later on. It doesn't matter if they have the lowest HP in the game, they can still survive.

One thing I would say is to not melee in the early parts. If you do, you will more likely to die than you are to kill a single enemy.

Raise a MIND mag to boost your techniques strength. Key to a FOnewearl is spamming techs. It's like a must for them.

xxTrystanxx
Sep 15, 2006, 06:30 PM
Definitely. And take advantage of their inherent boost to simple techs.... Color Merges and and the appropriate weapons are your friend.

Also, if you haven't already, consider making a Summit Moon.. All you need is a Magic Rock "Moola", and a non-rare Club/Mace/Scepter fully ground, which you can probably easily find in the shop on one of your other characters. Hit% isn't a necessity, but for some reason I always made mine with 50 hit%, LOL. They boost simple techs, and raise your MSt by 55, so certainly worth it for a FOney.

Bezmor
Sep 15, 2006, 07:12 PM
I just started one as well. I gave mine a lot of techs below lvl 10 and a mind mag. She owned the whole forests with out a problem. All you have to do is have a ok lvl of foie,zonde, and barta. Go all techs no melee.

T0m
Sep 16, 2006, 02:48 AM
On 2006-09-15 16:24, Splash wrote:
[quote]
No, save your HP mats until later on. It doesn't matter if they have the lowest HP in the game, they can still survive.

Eh? Why wouldn't you feed the Foney HP mats as you find them?
Is there a point to waiting? No matter when you feed them, the HP mat limit stays the same.

Tweengo
Sep 16, 2006, 10:01 AM
I have the one that pierces with megid (only reason why I picked her). She owns big time. I love the fact the Ra techs do more damage than the Gi techs. Forces own all enemies at higher levels ('cept maybe multiplayer when some monsters have higher resistance). I'm a hunter kind of guy though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zabrio
Sep 16, 2006, 01:59 PM
Can you get online? if so then find a game of people willing to train you or create one then hunt with anyone willing to train you till you feel you r at a good lv to hunt by yourself. Advice try to stick with people 5-15 lvs higher maybe 20 and no higher then 1 difficulty higher then your r ex.(you r lv5-24 then stay in normal or hard 25-54 hard/v. hard 55-84 v hard 85-105v.hard/ultimate 106+ ultimate

Kyoukan
Sep 16, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-09-16 11:59, Zaro wrote:
Can you get online? if so then find a game of people willing to train you or create one then hunt with anyone willing to train you till you feel you r at a good lv to hunt by yourself. Advice try to stick with people 5-15 lvs higher maybe 20 and no higher then 1 difficulty higher then your r ex.(you r lv5-24 then stay in normal or hard 25-54 hard/v. hard 55-84 v hard 85-105v.hard/ultimate 106+ ultimate

Thanks but im playing BB http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Psyclone
Sep 17, 2006, 12:17 AM
On 2006-09-15 14:35, Cry0 wrote:
s, d, resta, j, z, and then nuke.
Unless the FO is also fighting (range or melee), Shifta and Zalure are wastes of TP.

Shifta only boosts ATP which only affects the damage of Melee or Range attacks, not Techniques. Similarly, Zalure only lowers a target's DFP which only modifies damage from Melee or Range attacks, not Techniques.

Technique power is determined solely by Technique Level and MST and a monster's Technique Defense is determined solely (I believe) by their Elemental Resistance.

Nogatorr
Sep 17, 2006, 12:41 AM
A melee FOney is a bad idea, unless, of course, it's for fun. A melee foney can make it through HARD mode, possibly even VH, but once Ultimate rears its ugly head... good luck. However, you're not going for a melee FOney are you?

Money can be an issue when using any force, so I suggest being overly stingy with fluids. Heal your TP only when at zeroish, and never use trifluids unless you find them, or at boss fights. you'll never run out of money if you're stingy enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nogatorr on 2006-09-16 22:44 ]</font>

Kyoukan
Sep 17, 2006, 08:36 PM
On 2006-09-16 22:41, Nogatorr wrote:
A melee FOney is a bad idea, unless, of course, it's for fun. A melee foney can make it through HARD mode, possibly even VH, but once Ultimate rears its ugly head... good luck. However, you're not going for a melee FOney are you?
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nogatorr on 2006-09-16 22:44 ]</font>

Naw im making a nuker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zofia
Sep 18, 2006, 12:42 PM
[b]Also, if you haven't already, consider making a Summit Moon.. All you need is a Magic Rock "Moola", and a non-rare Club/Mace/Scepter fully ground, which you can probably easily find in the shop on one of your other characters. Hit% isn't a necessity, but for some reason I always made mine with 50 hit%, LOL. They boost simple techs, and raise your MSt by 55, so certainly worth it for a FOney.

I thought it was a fully ground cane/stick/whatever...?

zofia
Sep 18, 2006, 12:45 PM
I got this from this site (item combinations page):

Summit Moon
Cane series + Magic Rock "Moola"
Forces only with at least 650 MST.
Cane +55 + at least LV100.
Stick +40 + at least LV110
Mace +25 + at least LV120.
Club +10 + at least LV130.

Is this incorrect? I also started a FOnewearl recently, and I've been grinded a cane I keep in my bank as I find grinders. I'd hate to think I messed up and was supposed to be grinding a club... >_>

Can anyone whose made a Summit Moon confirm the procedure, please.

Oh wait, nm, I see, maces and club are higher level versions of canes and sticks. Never mind, nothing to see, please ignore my utter FO-newbiness.

FYI: I spent most of my PSO time, going back to January 2001, playing HU's and RA's. I recently decided to start a FOnewearl, from scratch, on a brand new mem card, to get 'the FO experience' before PSU gets here. =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-09-18 10:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-09-18 10:47 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 18, 2006, 12:52 PM
Now, back to the topic: I'm in the exact same situation as the OP.

I decided, from the get-go, to completely ignore melee with my FOne. Its weird, I'm actually ~selling~ Power Materials and not adding one point of POW to my mag.

I just got my mag to Sato last night (5/0/45/50) and it will eventually have 150 mind.

I use a Wand for my weapon for the casting speed and 'cuz it looks cool dropping sparkles when I break open crates. =P

I only have 2-slot frames so far, so I use my best mind units (2x General/Mind-).

I kill monsters 100% with tech's, and its starting to really pay off now as my mag gets better and my tech's are higher level.

Question:
> How much hp do have to have to survive DF's second form grants-like attack (those bolts that come down from above)? Just wondering.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-09-18 10:53 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 18, 2006, 01:10 PM
Now, back to the topic: I'm in the exact same situation as the OP.

I decided, from the get-go, to completely ignore melee with my FOne. Its weird, I'm actually ~selling~ Power Materials and not adding one point of POW to my mag.

I just got my mag to Sato last night (5/0/45/50) and it will eventually have 150 mind.

I use a Wand for my weapon for the casting speed and 'cuz it looks cool dropping sparkles when I break open crates. =P

I only have 2-slot frames so far, so I use my best mind units (2x General/Mind-).

I kill monsters 100% with tech's, and its starting to really pay off now as my mag gets better and my tech's are higher level.

Question:
> How much hp do have to have to survive DF's second form grants-like attack (those bolts that come down from above)? Just wondering.

Edit:

Answer:
> I found the answer here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=948). I have to learn to use this site better, sorry.

Kyoukan
Sep 22, 2006, 02:45 PM
Ty for info, but does anyone have a good idea for mat diets?

xxTrystanxx
Sep 24, 2006, 12:57 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2265 This is an awesome guide by cHaOsMaZtA, RicoRoyal, and Quo that I have used for all my characters. My recommendation is to download the whole PDF, so you can look at it whenever you need to.

I also use the PSO Character Manager in the Utilities section of this site to keep track of how many materials I've used and how many I still need to use. You can use to set your mat plan, and it will let you know when you've reached your target for a certain type of material. Very handy.

KojiroAK
Sep 24, 2006, 01:27 PM
Def- and Mindmat (dont counted on my FOnewearl (actually Lv.123 already did Dark Falz on Ult.)
Evade is just Wasting so as Power but for a force that's obvious..

Cause of enoug Def i'm at max at personal Def. (390) with 2 Metal/Body (one near by useless) and 15 Def at mag (185 at Mind).

And for Weap get also Dagon, Agni and Indra.
(Agni + Gifoie = empty ult-Mines)

/edit o.k. have to say it's GC but i don't think the difference is that great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-24 11:30 ]</font>

Ailleurs
Sep 24, 2006, 01:51 PM
For mats Kab, if you're not planning on getting to 200 or completely maxing everything, 150 mind mats may be the way to go. A near max DFP Liutenant Mantle + lv30 Deband + lv30 Jellen should keep you pretty safe.

I used 15 Evade mats, 20 Def mats, and 115 Mind mats, only because I wanted a little more balance and am planning to get my FO to at least 144 so I can use Sacred Cloth and complete "the look" -_-;

Also if you don't like switching merges for every wave of enemies a Rupkia would be a good way to get some DFP. Although they're expensive/a tough drop.

Have fun!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ailleurs on 2006-09-24 11:55 ]</font>

FelixFelicis
Sep 24, 2006, 07:51 PM
Psyclone is correct.

By the way, nice choice for picking FOnewearl. Mine just finished ult mines with some major difficulties http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nogatorr
Sep 24, 2006, 07:56 PM
My FOney doesn't have enough HP to get past Da Ra Lie, yet. So right now I'm hunting, piping, etc. until I get enough HP. lvl 58 FOney btw.