PDA

View Full Version : IE open at same time as PSU? (PC version)

nennafir
Sep 15, 2006, 08:54 PM
Hi all,

For those who have played the Japanese PC version (is it out yet or just the PS2 one?), is PSU one of those lame games like FFXI that don't let you have a browser or other programs up while it is running?

Or is it one of the more modern online games like City of Heroes or Guild Wars or many others that let you have multiple programs running?

I always found it very annoying having to log onto another computer to check some FAQ about the game or check my email.

For those who say that MMORPGS need to not let you run browsers etc for security reasons, I say bullshit. Some of the most hacked programs are ones that have the restriction not letting you run other prgrams, and some of the least hacked ones do let you run other programs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nennafir on 2006-09-15 18:56 ]</font>

EtherForce
Sep 15, 2006, 08:58 PM
It has a windowed mode which lets you have a browser open at the same time but if you try to alt-tab out of full screen mode the game will close. Blueburst was the same way and it's incredibly annoying imo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EtherForce on 2006-09-15 18:59 ]</font>

peenk
Sep 15, 2006, 09:00 PM
Use Alt+Enter if it works.
I do not have PSU but Alt+Enter worked for other games that could not be minimized, that I have played.

Emrald
Sep 15, 2006, 09:05 PM
That is how it works and if you need to check yoru email in the middle of a mmorpg your a loser....anyways....and why need a faq...if your a nerd like me you memorize everything

JunkBuddha
Sep 15, 2006, 09:08 PM
I'm sure you can probably alt+tab out of PSU (hopefully anyway) but normally running any browser in the background while playing is a bad idea, it tends to gobble up resources.

Emrald
Sep 15, 2006, 09:48 PM
True true...he has a very vallad point.....so in other words....why bother? Unless you close the browser after using it before going back to PSU

Fleece
Sep 15, 2006, 09:50 PM
No you cant alt tab out of it, it shuts down. You can run windowed but it has a performance hit obviously. Unless you set PSU's CPU priority to high if you do that you dont notice the perf hit.