PDA

View Full Version : Is a HUbeast significantly better than a HUcast?

Phaze37
Sep 16, 2006, 03:00 PM
I was thinking about using a HUcast as my main, but not if they are a 2nd tier class. For example, it looks like a Cast would make a much better ranger than a Beast, but does it work the other way around as well? I just need to know if a HUcast is worth playing. If Beasts simply make better hunters than Casts then I'll have to reconsider.

Don't accuse me of being a powergamer, I only plan on using one character so I have to make him a good one, and I'm not going to gimp him by making him an inferior race/class combination. I'm hoping that HUcast is a good choice.

Ether
Sep 16, 2006, 03:08 PM
HUcast - higher defense, MUCH higher accuracy
HUbeast - higher hp, higher atp

go with which one you think looks better

Clyde
Sep 16, 2006, 03:17 PM
I think that the cast would be the better choice beacuse lower ATA will probably be large concern later in the game then most people think, also a little more defense is not such a bad thing, and should the need a rise where you need to put a little distance between you and the enemy you can use the occasional gun.

Pandarino
Sep 16, 2006, 03:27 PM
If you would like to "tank" and be a shield for your teammates Beast is the best choice IMHO but I'd go Cast speaing about stats.
A Cast or Beast Hunter is anyway a goodchoice so choose the one you like the most...it's also a matter of style.

Jozon
Sep 16, 2006, 03:40 PM
well considering the fact you have 100% accuracy from behind enemies, and you can generally get there pretty quickly, and the fact they have fortehunter which would increase the ata to a point I don't think you'll be missing a lot, and nanoblasts, I think beasts would be better. Casts could probably do a hunter/ranger mix well, but for fortehunter you should stick with beast.

Phaze37
Sep 16, 2006, 03:52 PM
I was thinking about making him a hunter/ranger mix later on, or possibly pure hunter, I'll have to know more on how expert mode works before I decide for sure.

Cause_I_Own_U
Cast = noob player

Beast = skilled player

Cause_I_Own_U
Ultimately beast is best

Jozon
Sep 16, 2006, 04:13 PM
yeah, I agree, after a point accuracy won't matter if you can't hit hard enough

Ether
Sep 16, 2006, 04:27 PM
And all that power means nothing when you miss

Jozon
Sep 16, 2006, 04:31 PM
but you have 100% accuracy from behind enemies, so if you go behind them you won't EVER miss

naramsin
Sep 16, 2006, 04:44 PM
although all hunters should try to attack from behind you cant expect to do that every time. You could also be giving up alot damage trying to go behind an enemy all the time.

also going behind bosses might not always be possible

bst should still rule either way though ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: naramsin on 2006-09-16 14:45 ]</font>

Phalynx
Sep 16, 2006, 04:46 PM
Id imagine as you lvl your accuracy would go up as well and youd hit more often as a higher lvl as a beast. Also, is there stat materials like in PSO?

Axel3792
Sep 16, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hopefully you can add ATA to your stats with the PSU equivalent of God/Arm... in that case Beasts would own Casts in terms of damage-per-second.

Phaze37
Sep 16, 2006, 05:00 PM
Well it sounds like HUcasts at least don't get gimped in comparison to a HUbeast. That's all I needed to know. I'll stick with a HUcast.

Jozon
Sep 16, 2006, 05:01 PM
I also think it would pay off at higher levels more since I don't think accuracy will be that big of an issue at higher levels.

Axel3792
Sep 16, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-09-16 15:01, Jozon wrote:
I also think it would pay off at higher levels more since I don't think accuracy will be that big of an issue at higher levels.

I still see Lv. 160+ people on PSOGC missing way too much... you'll probably still have to tweak your stats in PSU too.

naramsin
Sep 16, 2006, 05:12 PM
any slot used on god arm is a slot that could be used with god power so that doesnt really change anything.

if ata is as important as it is in pso than hucast should be better, if not beast will be

Lovejuice
Sep 16, 2006, 06:09 PM
I will be making a Cast hunter on the English servers because I prefer my current Cast's appearance and overall supermanrobothotness over my Beast's.

I am sure having to press a button once, or heaven forbid, maybe twice more to kill an enemy, will be an utterly devastating blow to my life.

And those Human hunters, wow, the ones who may have to press the button thrice, or maybe even use a Photon Art multiple times. Jesus, their life must be one constant nightmare. Can you imagine?

A2K
Sep 16, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-09-16 16:09, Lovejuice wrote:
I will be making a Cast hunter on the English servers because I prefer my current Cast's appearance and overall supermanrobothotness over my Beast's.

I am sure having to press a button once, or heaven forbid, maybe twice more to kill an enemy, will be an utterly devastating blow to my life.

And those Human hunters, wow, the ones who may have to press the button thrice, or maybe even use a Photon Art multiple times. Jesus, their life must be one constant nightmare. Can you imagine?

The very thought makes my stomach turn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

VAL-0251
Sep 16, 2006, 06:25 PM
On 2006-09-16 14:31, Jozon wrote:
but you have 100% accuracy from behind enemies, so if you go behind them you won't EVER miss

Because there won't ever be a time when you just need to hit someone and don't have the time to set up, right?

It's a matter of preference. Better/worse depends on a person's playing style, and nothing more. Saying otherwise is stupid.

DizzyDi
Sep 16, 2006, 06:31 PM
Beasts' low ATA can be canceled out by using Youmei or Tenora weapons which have a high ATA rating, but don't give great PP compared to GRM or GMR, or whatever it is.

-Shimarisu-
Sep 16, 2006, 07:34 PM
Different style of play entirely. A HUcast can master things like the gun/saber combo for support (freeze and flip enemies), whereas a beast will miss a lot with the gun. Zipping around the back of things even at this point will benefit a beast, dual daggers and fists are good Beast weapons. Playing from behind for excess damage while monsters bum-rush another player is a good tactic. HUcasts would be more head on, the accuracy is so much better. But you still wanna get hit, and with HP that high you are going to get hit and survive it. Always build up nanoblast for a boss. Currently at this stage in the game nanoblast totally carries a boss and people will expect you to nano to cut their play time in half.

I don't really want to play a HUcast because aesthetically robots aren't a dealmaker for me. But wow, I can't believe I'm saddled with the lowest ATA character class again. I swore blind that after 4 years of playing a FOmar in PSO that it was time for an easy ride, and I don't know what possessed me to make a HUbeast. But the character is awesome.

You're going to see a lot of 0s though, and adjusting your playstyle to something somewhat removed from that of a say, HUcast or HUmar will be a big benefit to you.

Tetsuro
Sep 16, 2006, 09:01 PM
I think a Hucast wouldn't be gimped at all. In fact I think a Hucast and Hubeast would make an awesome team. The Hucast could attack up front with his high accuracy and defense, giving the beast the oppurtunity to sneak around behind them adding even greater damage.

Flamingo99
Sep 16, 2006, 10:16 PM
I was thinking about making a Male Beast Hunter... but now that I think about it... they have the worst ATA in the game, making them pretty crappy Rangers, and they less TAP and MST than humans (if I remember correctly). Casts on the other hand can be decent hunters and are naturally the best rangers, but have the worst MST and TAP in the game. But they are still good at 2 classes, as opposed to the Beast being good in 1 class. What do you guys think of my observation? ... I really wanted to make a HUbeast too...

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 16, 2006, 10:32 PM
I know i post this alot but I'm gonna say it again, go with whatever the hell you friggin want, I have a human hunter in extra mode and I don't give a crap about pressing a button three times or doing pa's alot.

Alisha
Sep 16, 2006, 10:44 PM
at this point it appears that nanoblasts own the hell out of SUV's in terms of damage and versatility,plus they dont take up a slot. i played fomarl as a FO/HU for many years so i know what having low ata is like. sure it sucks missing sometimes but adjustments can be made.

before i go something to consider. unlike pso psu has an ata boosting tech.that sounds hot for a beast HU/FO if you ask me.

LoneVandal
Sep 16, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-09-16 19:01, Tetsuro wrote:
I think a Hucast wouldn't be gimped at all. In fact I think a Hucast and Hubeast would make an awesome team. The Hucast could attack up front with his high accuracy and defense, giving the beast the oppurtunity to sneak around behind them adding even greater damage.

Speculation sickens me.

Ok not really, I love theorycraft.

Seriously though, the stat difference is minimal. At L18 Humans have lower ATP by about 8 points compared to a HUcast, who would probably have 8 lower than a HUbeast. Now let me see here.. with my 280 ATP one handed Saber that brings me to 502 ATP total. Which race am I? Does it even matter? No, not really as you can see. 8 ATP is like 1 more point of damage, or 2 in a PA.

So yeah, make whatever class / race combination you want. You won't have spells locked out like in PSO so it really won't make a difference.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 17, 2006, 12:06 AM
its all a matter of opinion, im sure accuracy still matters when you get higher up there still its not like the monsters evasivness isnt gonna rise im sure everything will lvl out

LoneVandal
Sep 17, 2006, 12:13 AM
It isn't really a matter of opinion when I'm telling you how it is based on facts and real play experience.

I have like 40 less ATA as a Hunter than when I was a Ranger and I still hit 80% of the time or more with Handguns, including B rank missions where the enemies were higher level than me. I really can't tell the difference between this and when I was a Ranger (especially since my ATP as a HU made up for having a lower rank weapon).

That is the difference between classes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It is supposed to be a pronounced difference that Rangers are more accurate, and the only such pronounced difference I can see is in that L11 Photon Arts with melee weapons massively out-damage Rangers.

Bottom line, racial stat differences will not make you any more or less useful in your chosen class. The Nanoblast / SUV unit thing is another matter entirely though (a gimmicky and unnecessary matter overall).

Natrokos
Sep 17, 2006, 12:30 AM
On 2006-09-16 16:31, DizzyDi wrote:
Beasts' low ATA can be canceled out by using Youmei or Tenora weapons which have a high ATA rating, but don't give great PP compared to GRM or GMR, or whatever it is.

Youmei has the highest PP from what i've seen. I think Cast and Beast are both suitable Hunters and neither is really 'gimped' for the job. Factor in SUV and expert mode options I think they are equal....My opinion

Kaply
Sep 17, 2006, 12:53 PM
One other thing that people are considering is that a frozen enemy has zero avoid.

Flamingo99
Sep 17, 2006, 01:17 PM
Beasts and Casts can make decent Hunters. But really... can a Beast be a good ranger? This chart I'm looking at says at lvl. 60, a beast ranger will have 191 less ATA than a cast ranger, and at lvl. 90 there is a 283 ATA difference. While the difference in ATP between a hunter beast and a hunter cast is 71 at lvl. 60, and 104 ATP at lvl. 90. So to me both can be good hunters, but beasts will be pretty crappy rangers.

Here's the link with the charts.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=119223&forum=20&start=45

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-17 11:21 ]</font>

Axel3792
Sep 17, 2006, 01:21 PM
On 2006-09-16 15:12, naramsin wrote:
any slot used on god arm is a slot that could be used with god power so that doesnt really change anything.

Yes but what good is it if you don't have the ATA to hit the monster? It's kind of like a fight I saw back in high school: if a kid with a stick can't hit the guy he's trying to beat up, then he might as well just drop it, since he ended up losing anyway since he couldn't land a hit.

Isn't this more or less what the thread was about? If a guy with a pistol and a guy with a sniper rifle are both on a shooting range, and the sniper misses (>.<) but the pistol hits, it isn't the fact that the sniper has more power, but the fact that the pistol guy hit his target.

This is the same argument I've seen so many times on PSO... coming from the same people that miss all the time.

There is a reason they gave you the choice of God/Arm and God/Power. /Arm was for those with LOW ATA or those who WANT MORE ACCURACY and /Power was for those with LOW POWER or THOSE WHO WANT MORE POWER.

Grr. I thought this was severly obvious when people started playing Ult Ep2... miss=you die repeatedly.

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
Just get a god/ability http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Anyway, I was thinking about the ATA problem... I think my HUnewm will have some problems, hehe... he..

Jozon
Sep 17, 2006, 01:43 PM
honestly preparation is everything, if you go in their with a plan, ranger freezes/distracts, beast runs behind them when they're grouped with a multi-person weapon/or powerful single-person while force nukes, and everything dies.

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 01:48 PM
Or you could use a Plasma/Ice powered sword/spear and stop them on the spot, then go behind them and chop all you want.

Jozon
Sep 17, 2006, 03:02 PM
that could also work

DizzyDi
Sep 17, 2006, 03:07 PM
Melee weapons don't give status effects. The only reason to imbue a weapon with an element is to do more damage against enemies that are weak to whatever element you're attaching to your weapon.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 17, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-09-16 17:34, -Shimarisu- wrote:
But wow, I can't believe I'm saddled with the lowest ATA character class again. I swore blind that after 4 years of playing a FOmar in PSO that it was time for an easy ride, and I don't know what possessed me to make a HUbeast. But the character is awesome.
Oddly enough, I see myself doin the same thing. Melee FOmar just makes you used to all the misses I guess.

Now I have not played PSU yet, so this is entirely speculatory, but from what I have gathered, it seems as if Casts will make a better pure hunter and Beasts make the better hunter/force combo. Then again, that's probably the melee FOmar in me talking, since beast hu/fo is the closest to FOmar stats in general.

Jozon
Sep 17, 2006, 04:19 PM
I wonder if that is indeed the case, but wouldn't the accuracy boost they get from fortehunter outpace the techs they would receive, they would get a strength boost, and a ata boost, I think they would have enough ata to be able to hit fairly well, and really hard, and as someone already said, beasts shine with nanoblasts, and they can destroy bosses, or wipe through enemies like they're nothing.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 17, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-09-17 14:19, Jozon wrote:
I wonder if that is indeed the case, but wouldn't the accuracy boost they get from fortehunter outpace the techs they would receive, they would get a strength boost, and a ata boost, I think they would have enough ata to be able to hit fairly well, and really hard, and as someone already said, beasts shine with nanoblasts, and they can destroy bosses, or wipe through enemies like they're nothing.

You forget that there is now Zodial, a tech that buffs ATA and EVP.