PDA

View Full Version : Questions about grinding weapons

DreamTonight
Sep 16, 2006, 06:42 PM
A Friend told me that I can "tune" my weapons and I asked him how it works. He knows it only for Story-Mode but not online. Now my question is:

Where can I find or buy items to grind a weapon and how I use it? I heard its a risk but I want to try it. Can anyone help me?

Lyrise
Sep 16, 2006, 06:51 PM
You need grinder parts and a grinder board. Take them to your PM and synthesize them. Then take your grinders and weapons to the appropriate shop to grind weaponry (The shop you need to be at is the shop where your weapon is made). You're generally ok grinding stuff to 3, but any higher and it starts to be a risk.

Kyuu
Sep 16, 2006, 06:51 PM
Actually grinding is an online feature as well, if I'm not mistaken.

You can buy grinders from a vendor, or make them through Item Synthesis. They come in +1, +2, and +3 variants. The higher the number, the better the grinder, and the better of chance of a successful grind. Of course, the better ones are more expensive. But since an unsuccessful grind result in a ruined weapon, it's worth it. Also, the higher the weapon is already grinded, the lower the rate of a successful grind on subsequent attempts.

You can only grind a weapon at the proper place, which depends upon the weapon's manufacturer. I don't recall what manufacturer is on what planet. Someone who has played the game and actually used the grinding system can give you more details and point out any inaccuracies my description may have (as I'm just relaying what I've gathered).

As far as what grinding does, it just boosts the ATP of that weapon by a certain amount (not sure of how much). For Force weapons, it boosts the TAP instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-16 16:52 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Sep 16, 2006, 06:54 PM
On 2006-09-16 16:51, Kyuu wrote:
Actually grinding is an online feature as well, if I'm not mistaken.

You can buy grinders from a vendor, or make them through Item Synthesis. They come in +1, +2, and +3 variants. The higher the number, the better the grinder, and the better of chance of a successful grind. Of course, the better ones are more expensive. But since an unsuccessful grind result in a ruined weapon, it's worth it. Also, the higher the weapon is already grinded, the lower the rate of a successful grind on subsequent attempts.

You can only grind a weapon at the proper place, which depends upon the weapon's manufacturer. I don't recall what manufacturer is on what planet. Someone who has played the game and actually used the grinding system can give you more details and point out any inaccuracies my description may have (as I'm just relaying what I've gathered).

As far as what grinding does, it just boosts the ATP of that weapon by a certain amount (not sure of how much). For Force weapons, it boosts the TAP instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-16 16:52 ]</font>

GRM - Parum
Youmei - Nuedaiz
Tenora - Moatoob

Amirite?

DreamTonight
Sep 16, 2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info! Can you tell me where I can find a shop who sells this grinder parts and grinder boards? my navigation in this game is too bad... lol

Lyrise
Sep 16, 2006, 06:59 PM
The synthesis parts and boards can be located at synthesis shops, which which be colored purple, always.

Kyuu
Sep 16, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-09-16 16:59, Lyrise wrote:

The synthesis parts and boards can be located at synthesis shops, which which be colored purple, always.
Is there not a shop that sells grinders? I thought I remembered it being said previously that there was, though buying from the shops was definitely more expensive than Synthesizing your own.

Laranas
Sep 16, 2006, 07:03 PM
Grinding also raises the PP of the weapon by a decent amount (think ~10 per grind)

Lyrise
Sep 16, 2006, 07:10 PM
Buying grinders is possible only offline and through player shops.

DreamTonight
Sep 16, 2006, 07:30 PM
OK I got it with synthesize! Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

IhateUrHate
Sep 17, 2006, 07:46 AM
i thought being able to grind could be used online as well? I might be mistaken

farplaner
Sep 17, 2006, 07:57 AM
You have to synth the grinders online. I haven't found a shop that directly sells grinders.

Mewn
Sep 17, 2006, 09:02 AM
Player shops might sell Grinders (I imagine there's a good profit to be made on high quality Grinders) ... NPC-run shops don't, but they do sell the Grinder Materials and Grinder Boards you need to make Grinders.

To add to what DizzyDi said earlier about the manufacturers and planets, Kubara items are grinded at the Junk Shop on the Colony.

Kyuu
Sep 17, 2006, 11:18 AM
Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up. And yeah, I did forget about the extra PP grinding gives as well.