PDA

View Full Version : Slicers

Bezmor
Sep 17, 2006, 05:58 AM
So ive been watching movie clips of people playing pso and i noticed a lot of people using slicers. Most people were using diskas. I was wondering if i should hunt a Diska with hit % or go for a Ranbow baton. My redria is in V hard caves. Also if i do get a diska what kinda of diska should i be lookings for? Also does anyone here use diskas on a regular basis?

Hrith
Sep 17, 2006, 07:53 AM
People using Diska usually use them if they have Charge, or they use Diska of Braveman for the Berserk special.

If you're brave enough to hunt a Magic Stone Iritista, you should definitley make Rainbow Baton, it's much better than any Diska.

I use slicer-type weapons on a very regular basis, namely S-Rank Slicer, Red Slicer and Flight Fan (Slicer of Fanatic is also very good, but I prefer Berserk to Demon's).

Bezmor
Sep 17, 2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks if you were going to use a beserk special would you use a cast to keep health up or just get a guy with resta?

phongi
Sep 17, 2006, 11:30 AM
Well, casts DO get a boost for specials like berserk, but then you have to heal. It's really up to you.

Eros17
Sep 17, 2006, 11:53 AM
Diska of Braveman is great when u use It's special (I don't use specials) or Red Slicer if u don't. Diska of Braveman is extremely easy to find for a whitill. If you are a Redria you had better hunt for a Rainbow Baton. It is a great weapon.

Psyclone
Sep 17, 2006, 12:14 PM
On 2006-09-17 09:30, phongi wrote:
Well, casts DO get a boost for specials like berserk, but then you have to heal. It's really up to you.

Casts get a 30% bonus to Arrest, Blizzard, Chaos, and King series weapons. I don't believe they get a bonus to Berserk at all...

Generally, I don't recommend Berserk on Casts for weapons in general, and particularly not for multi-target/hit weapons. Each successful hit takes a percentage of your HP. Multiply that by three to five successful hits on one attack and you're quite low on health and an easy kill if you get hit. You can spam 'mates, but you'll go through them really quickly. All in all, it's very situational.

Charge weapons, on the other hand, use a fixed rate (200 Meseta per successful strike) to power the attacks and do not sacrifice your own HP.

Eh, but that's just my preference and I do tend to be a little more cautious with things like that. Personally, for a Cast, I like to take advantage of their bonuses to Freeze, Paralysis, and Confusion.

Hrith
Sep 17, 2006, 01:04 PM
On 2006-09-17 05:58, Bezmor wrote:
Thanks if you were going to use a beserk special would you use a cast to keep health up or just get a guy with resta?I'd rather not use Berserk on an android unless I have a good support force.

And no, androids do not get any bonus to Berserk.

Kevino
Sep 20, 2006, 08:54 AM
i hate berserk w/ androids it way to much hassle to heal

Neith
Sep 20, 2006, 03:32 PM
Slicers are really awesome in some situations, the Episode 4 boss and large spawns of Claws being such places.

I use a 50% Hit Charge Diska, though I'd prefer a Diska of Braveman with Hit to it. They are nice weapons though if you can get a good one.

Kevino
Sep 21, 2006, 07:53 AM
whats a good easy one to get? i dont find them much with my oran or whitill or pinkal do i just have the wrong section id? or what

T0m
Sep 21, 2006, 08:08 AM
o.o Maybe you should play a bit more then? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Diska's of Liberator and Braveman are to Whitill what Justy is for Green, L&K's for Purple and Gae Bolgs for Blue (and so on).
Play enough with Whitill and you'll find plenty of Diskas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-09-21 06:10 ]</font>

Kevino
Sep 21, 2006, 08:24 AM
i find lots of slicers of assasin and i found one diska of liberator but ... no braveman. i didnt like liberator so i dont use it much but thanx for that. i have the gaeblog and such. but on the play more how should i put this...

school out at 2:30 Pm
i get home at 3:00 Pm
i play pso at this time
i go to sleep from pso at 1:30 Am

most of the time

i have no life... and thats ok!

but thank you for the help!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevino on 2006-09-21 06:25 ]</font>

Neith
Sep 21, 2006, 08:41 AM
You in Ultimate mode?

If not, get your Whitill into Ult, and you'll find Diska of Braveman all the time.

Kevino
Sep 21, 2006, 09:07 AM
no i havent had much time on my own with her. My friend comes over alot and we play mult. im gonna get her there today should be a piece of cake. i have been working on my ranger lately to get him to 100 and his rukmin to 200.

Zarbolord
Sep 22, 2006, 01:34 PM
Berserk is fine, although I used it with Mn'A60Vice, which isn't a good idea, so I basically just used the heavy attack. My HUcast entered Ruins VH with no probs thx to that weapon, I also used Last Survivor to regenerate HP if ever I used Berserk. Damn, I feel like playing again now, too bad I gave the game back to my friend, I nearly had 5 characters in ULT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif