PDA

View Full Version : GC: is online gaming worth it?

evil_thudicus
Sep 18, 2006, 01:30 PM
i'm thinking about online gaming on PSO for GC, are there any draw backs to it. Is the registration process complicated?

BlueKnight
Sep 18, 2006, 01:46 PM
I think it is fun to go on Line. But there are sume Draw backs you will run in to sume moder and hackers on line and thay will think thay are all that because thay can cheet on the game.

If you go and play it on line there are more quest that will help you lv up and inter act with new people on line that can help you out. Becarfull of hacked wepons and mag's thay will mess up your game.

Good luck if you do.

Dhylec
Sep 18, 2006, 02:03 PM
Online is always more fun. But with PSU approaching soon, going online with GC isn't very rewarding.

NEWBHUNTER999
Sep 18, 2006, 05:59 PM
i think it is deffinitly worth it. there are so many different weopons you can get. i don't have it yet but i will. and i can't wait

Undeadpriest
Sep 18, 2006, 06:01 PM
With all the information that i've saw on some of the topic i would say Yes,even if i never tried online...Don't forget that you will be able to find some of the Holidays rappy...with a bit of luck...(online only of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Animosity
Sep 19, 2006, 07:04 PM
its not worth it. online has been ruined by segas lack of care for the game. all they have to do is announce that in a week theyll bann all accounts that are using hacked items. so ppl will have time to get rid of them. then have a game master play weekly and ban anyones account whos using a hacked item. its so goddamn simple.psu has a bunch of protection crap so i dont think u have to worry about hackers

DarthMegatron
Sep 20, 2006, 03:29 AM
On 2006-09-19 17:04, Animosity wrote:
its not worth it. online has been ruined by segas lack of care for the game. all they have to do is announce that in a week theyll bann all accounts that are using hacked items. so ppl will have time to get rid of them. then have a game master play weekly and ban anyones account whos using a hacked item. its so goddamn simple.psu has a bunch of protection crap so i dont think u have to worry about hackers

That's the smartest thing I've ever heard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I shall try to be careful in my online gaming as well. Just starting out with it, I am. Not on Sega's Servers, mind you.. but if they did what you said I might even consider it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Psyclone
Sep 20, 2006, 10:00 AM
On 2006-09-18 11:30, evil_thudicus wrote:
i'm thinking about online gaming on PSO for GC, are there any draw backs to it. Is the registration process complicated?

Having just gone through this...

Registration is quite easy, actually. Just go to: http://pso.sega.com/community/profiles/pso_gcn/pc_front/gcn_pc_reg_snak_enter.jhtml and it will walk you through the process.

Also, the first time you go online with each memory card, you will have to enter your Serial Number, Access Key, and password once for each card.

Getting your GC modem or BBA configured, may be a little more difficult. I went through a lot of monopoop getting my GC/BBA configured to work with Bellsouth DSL and my home network solution.

So far, I've only played ~4 hours online, but I've enjoyed it. Though I've only seen a handful of people, there's Gallon's Shop (finally something to do with all those PD's I collected) and the online quests that I can keep playing over-and-over for experience or hunting rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psyclone on 2006-09-20 08:01 ]</font>

db4649200x
Sep 23, 2006, 07:50 AM
There is a lot of discrimination online against the european or American players on the japanese servers and unforutanly most players still on gc pso (online) japanese, however this could have just been a bad one off experience and many players are friendly online...

Drakorn
Sep 23, 2006, 01:09 PM
Are you going for PSU?

If yes, then if you wish to go online just subscript for a month (28 days) as PSU will be out in 30 days.

If no, then its up to you basically, online has a FSOD which can freeze you sometime and lose unequipped weapons like most people do online, but i seen some hint to dodge the FSOD, well not dodge it but, dodge it from losing unequipped and that is to leave your unequipped weapons in your bank, i think it is safe for the matter of fact

DikkyRay
Sep 23, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-09-19 17:04, Animosity wrote:

When was the last time you were on? I do not know anyone with hacked weapons or items. ALso, the only thing ppl with ar do is change their name color. I think it is definitly worth it. I love online, it is much more rewarding than offline. All the quests and pl you play with make it fun.

Kevino
Sep 23, 2006, 06:03 PM
i dont think i'll get psu just because of how addicted and far into pso i am. then again ... nope im deffinately getting psu!