PDA

View Full Version : Ramarl Technique Animations

whiteninja
Sep 18, 2006, 09:56 PM
I know they can get up to lv7 Anti, and lv20 for the rest, and higher level techs cast faster... But what about the casting animation speed?

Which casting animation is fastest on a Ramarl? Handgun, Rifle, Mech, Shot, or maybe some other weapon? Does anybody know?

A correct answer would be very helpful and appreciated.

Edit: Typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-09-18 19:57 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 19, 2006, 04:27 AM
Wasn't it Tycho who tested that on his FOnewearl?
She has the same casting animation as RAmarl, so it would be:
1) Handgun/Card
2) Wand/Double Saber
3) Saber/Slicer/Katana

Kevino
Sep 19, 2006, 08:06 AM
hmmm... this is a good question

BlueKnight
Sep 19, 2006, 09:05 AM
I would have to say the Needler or a hand gun is my Favorite choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueKnight on 2006-09-20 06:27 ]</font>

whiteninja
Sep 19, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-09-19 02:27, Kef wrote:
Wasn't it Tycho who tested that on his FOnewearl?
She has the same casting animation as RAmarl, so it would be:
1) Handgun/Card
2) Wand/Double Saber
3) Saber/Slicer/Katana
That was helpful, but it didn't have Mechs or Rifles/Needles on it, which were my main concerns after the Handgun animation...

So, I went to normal Forest, and using the Z menu, I choose Rafoie (lv20), and spammed it from full TP until my TP ran out (31 casts), while equipping different weapons. I timed the length of time it took to drain the full TP bar. Since I spammed from the menu, and the techs cast right after each other, there would be no problems with slow button pressing, like you would get with a shortcut key.

S-Rank Gun: 35.18 seconds
S-Rank Needle: 35.38 seconds
S-Rank Mechgun: 35.08 seconds
Fire Buster +3: 34.98 seconds
(To check against the forementioned list.)

Uh, it actually looks they all have the same casting speed. >_> I'd attribute those differences to human error in starting and stopping the watch... But they all are very close together.

Anyone else care to test this too and confirm it? You don't have to use S-Ranks... I just had them on me because I was doing PW4 beforehand. >_> Any weapon of that type will do.

Splash
Sep 19, 2006, 08:26 PM
Have you tried barehanded?

EphekZ
Sep 19, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-09-19 18:26, Splash wrote:

I think it's well known by everyone that, that's usually the fastest. since He's a RAmarl, I highly dount he's going to unequip everytime he wants to cast a technique

Hrith
Sep 20, 2006, 05:49 AM
On 2006-09-19 17:57, whiteninja wrote:
That was helpful, but it didn't have Mechs or Rifles/Needles on it, which were my main concerns after the Handgun animation...Yeah, I can hardly picture you using Sabers, Slicers or Katanas >_>

On BB, RAmarls using Sabers is more common thanks to Crimson Coat and Excalibur.

From my FOnewearl experience, Wand/Double Saber is really fast (faster than bare-handed).

As my RAmarl (or HUnewearl), I never bothered to check, because I don't exactly 'spam' techniques with those classes ;s

From your research, the difference is awfully minimal.

PJ
Sep 20, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-09-19 20:50, darkgunner wrote:

I think it's well known by everyone that, that's usually the fastest. since He's a RAmarl, I highly dount he's going to unequip everytime he wants to cast a technique

Unequipped females are SLOW

Only males are faster unequipped

EphekZ
Sep 20, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-09-20 12:49, PJ wrote:

On 2006-09-19 20:50, darkgunner wrote:

I think it's well known by everyone that, that's usually the fastest. since He's a RAmarl, I highly doubt he's going to unequip everytime he wants to cast a technique

Unequipped females are SLOW

Only males are faster unequipped

ah, did not know that, but my second sentence still fits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

whiteninja
Sep 20, 2006, 05:15 PM
On 2006-09-20 03:49, Kef wrote:
Yeah, I can hardly picture you using Sabers, Slicers or Katanas >_>

As my RAmarl (or HUnewearl), I never bothered to check, because I don't exactly 'spam' techniques with those classes ;s

From your research, the difference is awfully minimal.
Actually, in this case, if a Saber was significantly faster, I would carry one, solely for the techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll check on the Double Saber later then, thanks.