PDA

View Full Version : GC: cheating scum

evil_thudicus
Sep 19, 2006, 06:33 AM
My friend from Hales uses AR codes to make himself better. He levelled up his hunter to 200 and now claims he is better than me. it took me four years to get to 200 and it took him 2 minutes. How can i convince him that he is a fraudster?

DarkLight66
Sep 19, 2006, 06:57 AM
Delete his character!! He's a cheating scumbag. It's people like him who give legit players like us a bad name.

T0m
Sep 19, 2006, 12:51 PM
lol..

If he's not aware that he's a "fraudster" even after he uses Action Replay codes, then why would you bother? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
He thinks he's better, and you know you are better. It's a win-win!

Seriously, if he enjoys it, then why make a fuss about it? (Even if he plays online, then people will notice soon enough that he took the short route to 200.)

db4649200x
Sep 19, 2006, 03:49 PM
thing is we know we got here through a hell of a lot of playing pso whilist he simply took a shortcut because he couldn't be bothered to play it properly, we all reached the same goal in the end so lets not turn into a lynch mob because he being big headed about it, lets simply remeber why we put the effort into playing the game because it was fun!

metatime
Sep 19, 2006, 04:26 PM
Go though a tower run and see how many times he dies. (with invincibility off of course) Your friend has no skill or knowledge. Use that to your advantage. If he doesn't keep up with you in your runs, then he obviously has no skill.

Seedle
Sep 20, 2006, 09:08 AM
ugh...yeah ive been away way too long from PSO.....
and ya gotta hate those cheaters...ive never even cheated once in a single game...
Cheating just takes the gaming experience away...

Question: whats the tower?

T0m
Sep 20, 2006, 11:57 AM
whats the tower?

Forum Search (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php)

Try it, you'll love it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

LeonFlowenX
Sep 20, 2006, 05:11 PM
DarkLight: ...Yeeeeaaa...
Well... if this is Online... which im guessing it is... then how is he going to "delete his character" without hacking?...
Jesus dude... your just fired up about this, huh?

db46 & evil_thudicus: I want you to ask this dude if hes ever been corrupted while playing on the Official Sega servers...
If yes, then I can see why he quick-leveled... if you can't, then you either play Offline, on *******'s, A ******** Software server, or a non-GC version of PSO.

Seedle: Stop braggin'... when the Sega servers die I want to see how you people make it...

And the Towers...
Theres the East Tower and The West Tower. They both take place in Episode II and can be played on PSO Plus Offline, Any PSO Version Online, or downloaded from *********'s server or a ******** Software server for Offline play on non-Plus versions.

Next question may be "Whats ************'s Server" or "Whats a ************ Software server?"
If so... then im going to clear this up while im here...

They are servers that are free to access and to play PSODC, PSOPC, PSOGC, and PSOBB on (possibly soon to support PSOX)... yes, all on the same server...
While on these servers, you will hardly ever get FSOD/Corruption/LSOD/BSOD/NOL/Reloaded, etc. etc.
(All in all, they are free and ALOT safer than the Official Sega servers... because Sega doesn't care).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-09-20 15:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-09-21 10:11 ]</font>

T0m
Sep 21, 2006, 02:53 AM
You might want to edit those names, before a Mod has to do it.

(Didn't you notice that one of your previous posts calls those *insert_name* servers all of a sudden? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Axel3792
Sep 21, 2006, 08:13 AM
On 2006-09-21 00:53, T0m wrote:
You might want to edit those names, before a Mod has to do it.

(Didn't you notice that one of your previous posts calls those *insert_name* servers all of a sudden? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Yeah but think about all the other times those names have been posted. They are almost common knowledge now to onliners.

LeonFlowenX
Sep 21, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yea... im actually surprised...
Then again im not...
I guess you could look at it as I give the MODs a reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway...
Best of luck to you all on the Official Sega servers... o.o

RubyEclipse
Sep 22, 2006, 01:21 AM
I'll argue that point you made about Sega not caring, Leon. On that note, some of the guys who dropped into PSOBB from the very servers you mentioned -(They get kicks from disconnecting us)- are getting banned quickly every time they do so.

I can't speak for the GC/Xbox servers, but Sega does care about PSOBB.

To the author: Don't worry about the guy you mentioned. Ignore him and move on; arguing with him will probably just stir up more drama than it's worth in the longrun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2006-09-21 23:23 ]</font>

Animosity
Sep 22, 2006, 01:32 AM
dude go to battle and kick his ass becuase your a more skilld player

Zael
Sep 23, 2006, 03:34 AM
Delete his character, then break his AR.

db4649200x
Sep 23, 2006, 07:46 AM
Zael that extreme dude but very funny idea! LOL

DarkLight66
Sep 23, 2006, 07:59 AM
That is a bit extreme Zael but I totaly agree. I HATE CHEATERS!! Especially when they say they are better than us legit players.

LeonFlowenX
Sep 23, 2006, 03:29 PM
I want you to all lie to yourselves by saying "Im a good person."

DarkLight66
Sep 24, 2006, 12:14 PM
I'm a good person

Animosity
Sep 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
im a good person

xxTrystanxx
Sep 25, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-09-21 23:21, RubyEclipse wrote:
I can't speak for the GC/Xbox servers, but Sega does care about PSOBB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2006-09-21 23:23 ]</font>

It's pretty common knowledge that Sonic Team doesn't concern themselves with PSOX any longer. Sure, we might retain our official server, if only because it doesn't Microsoft anything to keep it up, but they can't even be bothered to have the lobby changed back to normal.

And from what I've seen/heard on this forum, it doesn't seem like they care too much about US Blue Burst players, either. Seems all these events that come up and all these new cool items always become avilable for JP BB only.

DONTOSE
Sep 26, 2006, 12:40 PM
the only reason i whan to cheat is that my level 150 hucast got deleted some how and now i had to start over i would be on 200 by now but im now only on 67 that sucks so thats why i want to get AR but i cant seem to find it anywhere.

T0m
Sep 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
Too bad you lost your char. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

...However, if you could add the exp. from your level 67 (around 0.8 mil) to what your former 150 had (about 15.8 mil), that would make a level 152 hucast (could even be 151, depending on the exact figures).
Yeah, I understand a 150 would be getting more exp/hour than a new char, just saying that the exp for those last 50 levels exceeds by far what you amassed till now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-See the table of Intimidating Numbers (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=672).

DONTOSE
Sep 26, 2006, 02:28 PM
ok thanks for telling me what i could have been that sucks i would be on 152 right now ooman

The_fanatic
Sep 26, 2006, 09:29 PM
people cheat that is life it sucks but people will always cheat.

I am legit but think about this:

How long did it take to get to level 100

now how much work do have to do to get a leval up in offline ultimate mode and all thos weapons ( paticullery a lavis cannon)

I say this because i have played 203 hours

kind gets reptetive does it

Oh and don't bust yourfriends AR or delate your friends character he will probably be pissed off if you do

------------------------------------------------
No I am not a freakin noob!

RubyEclipse
Sep 26, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-09-25 14:06, xxTrystanxx wrote:
And from what I've seen/heard on this forum, it doesn't seem like they care too much about US Blue Burst players, either. Seems all these events that come up and all these new cool items always become avilable for JP BB only.

I don't want to take this too far off topic (with multiple convo's going on at once), but, especially as far as cheaters are concerned, PSOBB is a prime example of how Sega should have done things all along.

I won't state who they are specifically, but there's a user on these forums, in fact, that's continually used different accounts to hack(I should say packet edit, rather) PSOBB and to disconnect/freeze people online in the lobbies. The first time, he got banned within a day. The next time, he got banned within a few hours. On his most recent attempt, he was nailed within 20 minutes of making himself known.

Content-wise, PSO:BB doesn't get as much as the Japanese, that's correct. The JP guys have always recieved things long before us, and that's not a new discovery with PSOBB. That said, the content it does have blows the GC/Xbox versions out of the water. We recieved two new Episode IV Quests - Warrior's Pride and Restless Lion - just last month, as well as updates to Deal with Black Paper that added in the Bunny and Cat ears. And, I would certainly point out, the support from Sega (as with the speedy bannings) definitely falls under the realm of content.

The_fanatic
Sep 28, 2006, 06:51 PM
you know that really is not wise to say or hint that there is a hacker on this board...

we could all figure it out

and that persion may FSOD you

but I am just saying, like I said I don't cheat nor can I go online because I have no broadband which equal no online, stupid real rarity of Gamcube online games, wish they would just suddenly appear like in PSO.

Sorry for the tangin.

xxTrystanxx
Sep 29, 2006, 06:35 PM
I wish I could play BB, I'd be there in a heartbeat. But I just can't justify buying a new computer, or the parts necessary to make my dinosaur over here run it for just one game. And I'm too caught up in my Xbox characters to start from scratch.

The upside to Xbox though, is that there isn't really any malicious FSODing happening. Our consoles do it enough on their own, LOL. But it is unfortunate that we have not been able to receive the necessary updates to keep up with other versions.

RubyEclipse
Sep 29, 2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah, it's well worth it Tryst; although with PSU around the corner I'd say just wait for that instead.

Fanatic, I'm completely fine with this person being known, but I won't state names. They deserve all the negative publicity they can get.

As to FSOD, in Blue Burst it doesn't actually matter - there is no horrid sound, and likewise even if your game freezes, you won't lose any items. So pretty much, the worst he could do is disconnect me. Ouch. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Add to that the fact that he'll be banned within the hour when he starts, and it's just a waste of his time in the long run. We all get a pretty good laugh out of it though.

I feel it would a bit much to post the exact link, but there's actually a video up of what the PSOBB community did when this guy first started. If you're interested, you can search youtube for PSOBB Hacker and the appropriate result should appear.

whiteninja
Sep 30, 2006, 08:22 AM
y u all b h8ing on teh cheetz?

It's different (and illegal), but it's just another way of playing the game. Heck, a lv200 AR'd character really could be better than a legit one in skill. No, there wouldn't be nearly as much effort put into an AR'd character, but it doesn't mean they don't have any skill.

xxTrystanxx
Sep 30, 2006, 06:52 PM
True. But it's not necessarily an indicator that they DO have skill, either. If anything, they have skill at using an AR, pretty much.

And to Ruby, I probably won't be getting PSU right away either. I don't own a 360 and it looks like I won't even be thinking about getting one until after taxes come back.

opital
Sep 30, 2006, 08:40 PM
make a copy of the file and then take the new one and throw it at his face.

Rekitheforce
Oct 4, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-09-19 04:57, DarkLight66 wrote:
Delete his character!! He's a cheating scumbag. It's people like him who give legit players like us a bad name.

I don't know you, but I like you... You are a ruthless one indeed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LeonFlowenX
Oct 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
lol@uall

Fail.
In reaction. At life.

U PPL CAUSED THE COLUMBINE SHOOTINGS AND THE DEATH OF MR. CHRIST. O_O

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 5, 2006, 06:08 PM
There is no real reason to hate on cheating, unless it's when they ruin your experience, IMO some of you people seem like if you see someone you know who is cheating, you're going to attack them, guess what' I'm not legit, and you know what? I know htis game about as well as any legit in skill, I know how to raise my characters, I know what mag to get, what to feed it, I'm a cheater, and I have skill in this game. You know what? If I see a legit I'm not going to go LOL YUR LIGIT YU GUTTA LVLE UP NRMAAL LOLOLOLOL, if they are legit, then let it be. Yes, cheating is NOT allowed, but it's no reason to attack so harshly for someone who doesn't try to fake it, 'cause I don't.

LeonFlowenX
Oct 5, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-10-05 16:08, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
There is no real reason to hate on cheating, unless it's when they ruin your experience, IMO some of you people seem like if you see someone you know who is cheating, you're going to attack them, guess what' I'm not legit, and you know what? I know htis game about as well as any legit in skill, I know how to raise my characters, I know what mag to get, what to feed it, I'm a cheater, and I have skill in this game. You know what? If I see a legit I'm not going to go LOL YUR LIGIT YU GUTTA LVLE UP NRMAAL LOLOLOLOL, if they are legit, then let it be. Yes, cheating is NOT allowed, but it's no reason to attack so harshly for someone who doesn't try to fake it, 'cause I don't.

Amen.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120499&forum=4&4

Thank you for playing>
Everyone.

Too bad the official servers WILL die soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rekitheforce
Oct 5, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-10-04 17:21, LeonFlowenX wrote:
lol@uall

Fail.
In reaction. At life.

U PPL CAUSED THE COLUMBINE SHOOTINGS AND THE DEATH OF MR. CHRIST. O_O

Of course we did! I was there!