PDA

View Full Version : Shadowpawn, in rants...again!?

Shadowpawn
Sep 20, 2006, 01:39 PM
As if I needed to be reminded to not buy anything from eBay, whatever faith I had in that site has just vanished. So here's the story, Mr. Pawn decides to give eBay a try and buy a laptop from them. I've always wanted one but I didn't want to spend too much on them. I've thought of going to Amazon.com and buying it from there (I should have) but I opted for eBay on a friend recommendation. So I look for the cheapest unit around on the site and I managed to find one for 225.25 (which is a oddly priced item BTW).

Days later I recieve said package the laptop I got looked nothing like the photo of the model, had no charger with it, a dying battery on it's last leg, no drives whatsoever (no disk, floppy or DVD) and here's the killer...IT RUN ON WINDOWS ME(Mmm...outdated OSes.)

Well WTF, the cheap piece of shit computer we already have works better this CHEAPER piece of shit. At the end of the day only two pharses come to mind, "You get what you pay for" and "Buyer Beware."

I'm selling this thing back BTW...

navci
Sep 20, 2006, 07:46 PM
See, You buy small cheap stuff on eBay. For things like laptop and such, you always try to make sure it is all eBay verified and refundable and those shizzles.

Ya. You get what you pay for.

edit: Common sense dictates here that 200 bucks for laptop sounds fishy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navci on 2006-09-20 17:48 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Sep 20, 2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah but I wanted an 500-600 dollar laptop I'd would have gone to an electronic outlet for that. Damn ebay, I will not be using them for my electronic purchases! This thing is basically an oversized DS...without the games!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 20, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-09-20 11:39, Shadowpawn wrote:
I'm selling this thing back BTW...

Too good to be true probably isn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sorry you had to find out the hard way, cliche' style.

Send the negative user feedback on the auction/seller, look into eBay customer service-fraud protection, if you haven't already.

I read up about their services to come to an agreement between the auction and winning bidder when one is not satisfied, but that was a while ago.

Look into it at least when you get some spare time. Getting some of your dignity back rather than feeling burned and sitting around fuming.

Azraelscross
Sep 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
i haven't gotten a bad item on e-bay yet. two things to look for. if its priced low and the feedback is low or non-existent. keep the hell away