PDA

View Full Version : PSOGC is a ghost town... Official PSO Memories thread

Axel3792
Sep 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
I remember the days when PSO was first released, and the lobbies were full all the time with the DC players of old...

I met some of the best and most friendly gamers I have ever known, and have been in contact with some of them on AIM for years now, and we will play PSU in the future together.

Ah, the days of standing around on the P2 talking about random nonsense for hours and hours, and playing hide-and-seek with rares in Ep2 P2...

---Just a saddened PSO player ranting about his days as a Hunter.---

Don't you get that sentimental tug when you know that PSO is on it's last leg, when you can still remember the good ole' days of new quests and vibrant lobbies?

BigGoldRobot
Sep 21, 2006, 07:17 AM
I just joined this site but speaking from a Dreamcast vets point I know exactly how you feel.

The mindless conversations for hours, the encounters with Japanese gamers and trying to communicate with the ingame system (ugh), perverse symbol chat, all the friends I made and have lost track of over the years...

The DC days were the best and the feeling was returned with the Cube, knowing that the GC servers will soon go the way of the DC ones is sad but at least PSU will continue it. Not the same, never the same, but still there.

Besides they live on with this site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigGoldRobot on 2006-09-21 05:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigGoldRobot on 2006-09-21 05:18 ]</font>

Neith
Sep 21, 2006, 08:00 AM
Had some horrible times on PSO (namely getting FSOD'd and losing most of my first HU's key equip), and corrupting..

However, I've had a lot more good memories with PSO, and have met a lot of really nice people through it- most of which are in the same team as me on Blue Burst.

I met a lot of nice players on PSO GC, namely Sakuya, Aim, hyperacute and countless more, but I also found new friends in players new to online with Blue Burst/people who'd played DC (Malice and Reno mainly).

It's what I love about the game- I may have spent 1100+ hours as my HU on BB, and still not be level 200, but I'm happy to have spent hours talking in the lobbies with people I can relate with.. the time spent in Hyperion 5 months ago, and the old GC meeting ground of Antares 8 bring back a lot of good memories.

I haven't really touched GC PSO in a while now, and its sad to hear that it's getting a ghost town, as it was where I started out with PSO, having not bought a Dreamcast.

I'd like to think I'll have similar experiences with PSU, but I don't know if that will happen.

EGO-BOT
Sep 21, 2006, 09:15 AM
I do get a little sentimental knowing that PSO will be a thing of the past. I met so many decent people on both the Dreamcast versions and the game cube game and had a lot of fun playing over several years.

I still remember when I had just moved into my own place, everything in my home was in boxes still apart from my Television, Dreamcast and a few games. Having a phone line right there I went online for the first time. I remember seeing all the characters load into the lobby and everyone saying hello and asking each other how to start a game because no one had a clue how anything worked. Its something I don‘t think I‘ll ever forget. The game just seemed alive and I couldn’t stop playing because it was so much fun.

I reactivated my PSO account for the gamecube last Friday night because myself and a few friends are having one last run on PSO before PSU comes out. There where about 8 people online and most where in locked games aside from someone asking for weapons =/

kazuma56
Sep 21, 2006, 02:03 PM
In about 7 days... it will mark the "End" of Kazuma's 5 (or 6) year run on PSO as i've already cancelled my BB HL.

Although college and work are now taking up about 80% of my free time now I hope to at least get a few snaps of BB kazuma and will give away all my rares to friends and or PSOW members that want need them.

I also have fond memories of the first time online on PSO, from my first MA to other thins such as PW runs: although i NEVER did it 200 on PSO ever (did hit the cap on V1 though), I might plan on getting my last 3-4 lvls on my GC Kazuma just to say that I did it (although his stats are pretty much maxed anyhow).

Dre_o
Sep 21, 2006, 05:17 PM
My god, if I counted up all the hours I've accumulated on PSO.....

Well, from a rough approximation (I'm sure there is some people with more)......

....*calculates random characters created*

.....somewhere around 800 hours at least......

and you know what? I don't regret a single one of them.

(now to calculate all the hours I've spent on Pokemon 0.o;;;; )

I do have 1 regret now that I think about it, I wish I could meet Kempman one more time. Just to say thanks for the great time. (PSOX dead as PSOGC I assume.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-09-21 15:19 ]</font>

ulyoth
Sep 21, 2006, 06:24 PM
Saddest thing for me was watching the lobbies slowly die...Antares 8, then Altair 4.

Getting 200 was great, never did really play much after that - March 2005 (i think XP might even be 2004, my doesn't time fly) Being a Noob in the JP servers, getting invited to my first Clan - Brotherhood of Medion (who played in Antares 6).
Then meeting friends of BOM in EP3 (i was the EP3 guy of BOM back then, i had imported the game and was way above everyone else, that and i used to play quite alot with the US 1 :God Millenia. Got to 72 : King myself.) and i continued to play with them on Ep1 and 2, in Dubhe 5...warm feelings, must try to keep in contact more.
I now play in the Hush hush server on occasions, with friends from darkrevolutions.com.

RubyEclipse
Sep 22, 2006, 01:29 AM
Bad Memories - 4x double save corruptions. I quit after I lost my char the fourth time.

Good Memories - The friendships. There were a lot of good friends I met on GC, even some old ones from the DC days - add in active battle and c-mode blocks, and the JP players, and there's definitely some good memories there. Getting online the first night I got the GC version was also cool - I'd never seen dancing pumpkins before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saigan
Sep 22, 2006, 10:41 AM
Alexis, Fanboy, and Turner- best team I ever had. And I give a shout out to Sharkyland for all the c-mode help =D