http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8994/tricopy6wa.jpg

NEXT TRIWEEKLY- SATURDAY 30 SEPTEMBER

Promotional Video

- Upcoming Triweekly dates:
(VII) Saturday 30 September
(VIII) Saturday 21 October
(IX) Saturday 11 November

Quote:
LOCATION - University of California San Diego, Sixth College Lodge, La Jolla CA 92092.

Directions from Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura and all coastal Counties:
- Head South on the I-405 or the I-5
- Take Exit 28 on La Jolla Village Drive, turn right
- Turn right on Villa La Jolla Drive
- Follow Villa La Jolla until it ends at a T-intersection with Gilman Drive. Make a right and you should immediately see a large parking lot (Parking here is free on weekends)
- The Sixth College Lodge is located Northeast of the parking lot behind some apartments and a small canyon.

Directions from the Inland Empire:
- Head South on the I-15
- Take I-51 and head West
- Merge into 1-5 South
- Take Exit 28 on La Jolla Village Drive, turn right
- Turn right on Villa La Jolla Drive
- Follow Villa La Jolla until it ends at a T-intersection with Gilman Drive. Make a right and you should immediately see a large parking lot (Parking here is free on weekends)
- The Sixth College Lodge is located Northeast of the parking lot behind some apartments and a small canyon.

Directions from East County (El Cajon, Santee, SDSU)
- Take the I-8 West
- Head North on I-5
- Exit on Gilman Drive, follow this road until you see a large Parking structure on the left (Gilman Parking structure)
- Make a left past the parking structure and you'll arrive into a large parking lot (Parking here is free on weekends)

Dirctions from Downtown, South County (Imperial Beach, Chula Vista, National City) and B.C. Mexico
- Head North on I-5
- Exit on Gilman Drive, follow this road until you see a large Parking structure on the left (Gilman Parking structure)
- Make a left past the parking structure and you'll arrive into a large parking lot (Parking here is free on weekends)

TIME - 12pm noon start, 7pm finish.

HOUSING - I am able to provide overnight housing for any visiting Smashers. Contact me via PM, AIM, MSN or me cell number (714)-421-3710 to make arrangements.

ENTRY COST -
Singles ($10 per person)
Doubles ($10 per team)

POT DISTRIBUTION -
Singles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Doubles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)

CONTACT INFORMATION -
For additional information, feel free to contact CAOTIC/David on (714)421-3710

RULES (STREAMLINED FROM MLG) -

Stage & Character Selection

1. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
2. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
3. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64
4. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
6. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
7. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule
Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
8. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.
9. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series. Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.
10. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
11. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
12. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.
13. If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.
5. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON.
6. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed.
7. Throughout the tournament, sets will be best of three, and championship finals best of five.
8. The tournament will use a double elimination open (and loosely seeded) bracket.

Scrub
Sep 21, 2006, 05:09 AM
On 2006-09-20 23:03, PandaMasterX4 wrote:

4. Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.

I laughed so hard I didnt think I'd ever stop.

PandaMasterX4
Sep 21, 2006, 02:31 PM
Wow you actually read this? I just copied and pasted >.>

Mixfortune
Sep 21, 2006, 03:07 PM
On 2006-09-21 03:09, Scrub wrote:

I laughed so hard I didnt think I'd ever stop.

I need someone to hand me water and a towel while I SSBM hardcore.

RoninJoku
Sep 21, 2006, 03:11 PM
Alright now, when the next match starts... I want you to use the A and B buttons to attack your opponent... Now don't forget you can jump twice with X... And if youre good enough, go for that extra third jump to really show em what your made of! Now GET IN THERE! And make me PROUD!

REJ-
Sep 21, 2006, 06:54 PM
I want to go
I want to go
I want to go
I want to go

but I can't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I live 3000 km from California (or 5000, can't remember how big Canada is)

PandaMasterX4
Sep 21, 2006, 11:35 PM
Funny how you get people who try bashing a game for going pro say um... 5 years ago.

Chances are they can't even scratch the surface of doing crap like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoIwCZNyf8

Also, Top player of the world has been awarded well over 100,000 so far, just by playing a game. OMG. I find it entirely moronic for someone to bash being a cyber athelete now and days. There are tournaments from mlgpro.com awarding Halo and SSBM players several thouand dollars per event, and this doesn't even include self held tournaments.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 21, 2006, 11:42 PM
No one is bashing the game. They are bashing the need to have a coach.

Most people here love SSBM. Hell, I went to a tourny last Saturday.

PandaMasterX4
Sep 22, 2006, 03:16 AM
Guess I just misunderstood. Hell, I wouldn't have taken the coaching thing seriously until I went to an MLG event. It's pretty strange honestly how people take it so seriously if someone coaches during a match that isn't a designated coach. Apparently it's terms DQ which is dumb.

REJ-
Sep 22, 2006, 11:47 AM
Pre-game coaching can be really important before certain matches. Don't underestimate the stategic advice they can offer.

Feelmirath
Sep 22, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-09-21 21:35, PandaMasterX4 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoIwCZNyf8

<3 The fact they played Sons Of Plunder in that video, but it makes me wonder why the hell Ken didn't counter half of those attacks =/

PandaMasterX4
Sep 22, 2006, 01:21 PM
They're just combo vids. Always gotta make the player it's dedicated to look better. Ken still ended up winning most of those matches and that JP tournament. The same situation happened when Ken played Pc Chris at MLG NY, and San Antonio. Ken lost the first MLG this year to Pc, then raped Pc at Texas due to counter. In LA, Pc cought on and learned how to throw off his counters. It was down to last hit of the last match and ken still won.

MLG pro smashers are nuts. They spend hours studying their opponents videos on what they abuse the most.

REJ-
Sep 22, 2006, 03:07 PM
I want to be pro, but there aren't any tournaments around where I live, so the best competition I have is my cousin (who also wants to be pro). I don't have nearly enough experience playing against skilled opponents http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PandaMasterX4
Sep 22, 2006, 05:29 PM
It's pretty intriguing here actually. on IGN, you'd swear that more people would know who Ken is, but they all suck. Here, despite there aren't many who post about it, know more about SSBM than an actual SSB forum lol.