PDA

View Full Version : A way of backing up the save file?

Manny
Feb 24, 2001, 02:41 PM
I don't know if someone has already tried this but here i go....

Since you can remove your vmu in the offline version without it ending the game could you...
take out the vmu with the save and put in a new vmu and save your game to that vmu so you have two files? I don't know if this would work, if anyone has done this or tried this plz respond

Josh
Feb 24, 2001, 02:45 PM
I believe you must already have some PSO data on the second vmu. It overwrites your game save, I dont think it makes a new one.

Android12
Feb 24, 2001, 02:58 PM
Well, I dont't have the 2.0 Web browser for the DC so I didnt think i could backup my data.

But, I found another way.

First you need to get an account at yahoo.com, then sign up for the POP3 and SMTP access. Make that the Default email in your DC web browser.

Start up PSO, go to Website, Press L to go to Mail, Type out the Subject and all that jazz. Press R and go to Attachment and add your PSO save, then just send the email to your self.

It's not as hard as it seems and is a good way to backup your character if you dont have the 2.0 version of the DC Browser.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Android12 on 2001-02-24 11:59 ]</font>

Manny
Feb 24, 2001, 05:02 PM
Ive tried to send the file to my mail before but i couldnt select the main file