PDA

View Full Version : which robot (gurl) is better?

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 5, 2002, 06:30 PM
just wanted to see ur opinions
hehe i think HUcaseal is far better than RAcaseal...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KodiaX987
Nov 5, 2002, 06:35 PM
Shurikane is a pure-blood, true-bred RAcaseal!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I mean, nothing like the feel of shotgunned Dimenians in the morning!

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 5, 2002, 06:40 PM
well think of the blades from a grass assassin used against itself!!! think of the irony...LOL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Icelight
Nov 5, 2002, 06:40 PM
From what I've played so far, I like the HUcaseal more ^_^

Vandal
Nov 5, 2002, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna go with RAcaseal. The point of HUcaseal is (I think) to have a more agile form of big dmg melee robot, intending for them to get hit less by enemies and be more accurate. If your goal is to not get hit/hit more often.. Wouldn't using guns with an RAanything be a better option than swords? And if you want to get hit less as a HUcast, its as easy as learning the proper timing with your weapons vs. specific enemies and buffing your ATA with equipment so ya don't miss hardly ever (and unit/battle helps a lot too). Anywho thats my two cents, spawned from ignorance of the finer differences between HUcast/caseal.

HUcastKhan
Nov 5, 2002, 07:34 PM
The new female hunter, along with the other new characers, were just filling holes in aesthetics, some girls just wanted to be an andriod with a saber, and some guys wanted a force that could get in a hit or two. (though the skirt was a strange after-thought, EH HEM, robe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .) So with greater initial planning and real strategic value, over asthetic excuses and redundancy, I vote RAceasel

Sedric
Nov 5, 2002, 08:19 PM
I'd have to say HUcaseal. Though Vandal has a good point on why RAcaseal is better, I have a different point.

First of all, HUcaseal can use Handgun from Lv. 1. Surprised? Thus she has best ATA among non-Rangers. What what can this mean? Well, as she levels up, she will "succeed" in hitting the target w/ guns as good as any Rangers can, but at same time deal way more damage thanks to her Hunter-ATP. On the other hand, RAcaseal doesn't have that good ATP. She's even behind RAcast on ATP, so it's no brainer she has far less ATP than HUcaseal. So, if both can make just about every shot with guns, which would you prefer for each bullets you fire? Regular damage, or HIGH damage?

Just my 2 cents.

Vandal
Nov 6, 2002, 12:18 AM
ATP on rare and Srank RA only guns will make up for the ATP dif somewhat and an RAcaseal with a Shotgun is usually more efficient than a HU with mechguns for average fights unless things have changed drastically from the DC ver. I just don't believe Sega would make a HU a better choice for a gunslinger than an RA.

But whatever, I don't play a HU to use guns (Yes, I'm not dumb, I keep a Varista cause its necessary to hit some things [like 4th stage Dark Force >.<], but otherwise I don't use it unless I have to).

I guess if you like guns a lot but want desperately to play a HU class they are your best choice.. If I want to use guns I'll just play my RA though.

Miu
Nov 6, 2002, 01:56 AM
I had to say RAcaseal, but I'm probably a bit bias because I've been using the same RAcaseal character since V.1 on the DC...

Sedric
Nov 6, 2002, 09:13 PM
On 2002-11-05 21:18, Vandal wrote:
ATP on rare and Srank RA only guns will make up for the ATP dif somewhat and an RAcaseal with a Shotgun is usually more efficient than a HU with mechguns for average fights unless things have changed drastically from the DC ver. I just don't believe Sega would make a HU a better choice for a gunslinger than an RA.

True, but let's not bring in rares or different types of guns in comparison. Also, yes, HUcaseal is not a better choice for gunslinger, but I said as above because her high ATA gives her another advantage that many non-Rangers lack.

On 2002-11-05 21:18, Vandal wrote:
But whatever, I don't play a HU to use guns (Yes, I'm not dumb, I keep a Varista cause its necessary to hit some things [like 4th stage Dark Force >.<], but otherwise I don't use it unless I have to).

I guess if you like guns a lot but want desperately to play a HU class they are your best choice.. If I want to use guns I'll just play my RA though.

Right, but like I said, HUcaseal can easily do well with guns, at the same time play as HU as she is intended to, thanks to her high ATA. Conversely, can RAcaseal do well with melee weapons as HUcaseal can do w/ guns? Maybe RAcast can, but I donno about RAcaseal. Anyway, back to the subject on guns, think about Ep 2 boss battles where guns play biggest role. In that situation, I'm positive HUcaseal will do better than RAcaseal, because of her higher ATP and plus, she is more "durable" anyway.

But you're right. If a person wanna shoot guns as main form of attack, they gotta choose RA.

RavenTW
Nov 6, 2002, 10:15 PM
Hucaseal, cause she has real b00bs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

fahdiz
Nov 7, 2002, 01:09 PM
Well, it seems that we've got an apples-to-oranges comparison here. A better one would be HUcast vs. HUcaseal or RAcast vs. RAcaseal. In my mind, I'd go with HUcast over HUcaseal every time, whereas with the Ranger androids it's a bit more of a toss-up for me - I like them both a lot. I'd still probably go with RAcast (if I *had* to choose) because the higher damage potential means more to me than the increased defense...although there are times when that extra DEF comes in handy.

I do, however, aesthetically prefer the RAcaseal to the HUcaseal.

Wewt
Nov 7, 2002, 08:55 PM
RAcaseal. One simple reason: they look cooler.

Vandal
Nov 7, 2002, 10:51 PM
I have noticed something different about this ver that adds a little more importance to HUcaseals ATA... My HUcast is missing WAY more often throughout his progression from lv1 to lv65 than he used to in DC ver. Even though my mag has 20 dex (which wasn't necessary at ALL in DC), when using a Gungnir I miss with hard hits a good 30% of the time in vhard unless its the 3rd strike. Considering this, HUCaseal doesn't seem as poor a choice. Only time will tell though I suppose, I'm a far cry from lv200 >.<; I DO miss being able to h/h/h my way through vhard with a good partisan u.u

-!-
I just noticed Bo is using 2 General/Arm++ units too, so thats +14 ATA, and +10 more from mag.. Dang I hope his aim gets better soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vandal on 2002-11-08 07:25 ]</font>

HUcastKhan
Nov 9, 2002, 01:02 PM
I dont have the game yet, but I have played the older one on DC extensively, and though the point you posted is valid for a while, the RAceasel's ATA levels more quickly, while the hunter will start missing more... and more... as levels go on. maybe I'm wrong, but it wouldnt make sense for a developer to make a hunter better at shooting than a ranger...

HUcastKhan
Nov 9, 2002, 01:04 PM
On 2002-11-09 10:02, HUcastKhan wrote:
I dont have the game yet, but I have played the older one on DC extensively, and though the point you posted is valid for a while, the RAceasel's ATA levels more quickly, while the hunter will start missing more... and more... as levels go on. maybe I'm wrong, but it wouldnt make sense for a developer to make a hunter better at shooting than a ranger...

sorry, that was meant as a reply to Sedric. When I clicked the reply box beneath her message, I expected my reply to go there. sorry for double posting

Amethyst
Nov 9, 2002, 11:30 PM
I personally like the new Hunter Android. There is just something that makes me wanna be a Dark Assassin Android with a really big sword. I like the very fast attack speed. Don't get me wrong, a huge cannon for a Ranger sounds like fun 2. I just like to get up close into battle and smack the crap out of some monsters. I do use a gun occasionally, usually when I want to level fast with my friend on multiplayer and need to grab the exp.

Lileya
Nov 9, 2002, 11:40 PM
On 2002-11-06 19:15, RavenTW wrote:
Hucaseal, cause she has real b00bs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*roll eyes*

RedFox
Nov 10, 2002, 09:33 AM
RAcaseal. One simple reason: they look cooler.

the skirtless yellow RAcaseal looks much cooler then any other class. lets not forget that rangers can use rifles which are (almost) as powerful as saber type weapons and look sweet too

Brundidge
Nov 10, 2002, 04:25 PM
Choose the first black RaCaseal that looks more human
DAMN that's really hot (first character I've ever made on the DC v.2)

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 10, 2002, 04:45 PM
as i see my HUcaseal develop...it really surprised me. i only have about like 40 ata on her mag and she never misses with her rappy's fan...but she does occasionally miss with her flowens sword....thats another reason shes better than RAcaseal..although i gotta admit the skirtless RAcaseal loox really kool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zio
Nov 10, 2002, 05:20 PM
ahem... RAcaseal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 10, 2002, 07:20 PM
It depends...

If you go by early level (especially c-mode), HUcaseal is simply a Goddess, and RAcaseal isn't even close. The same can be said as you level up and your stats grow... until you reach ultimate level. If you of their stas are maxed, RAcaseal has the edge.

I don't plan on leveling up either much, but, if I were to pick a primary character, (one that you use and level up the most) and had a choice between the 2, I'd go with RAcaseal.

All that said, neither is probably the best in their own class.

War_Child
Nov 10, 2002, 07:28 PM
RAcaseal

Hit from a distance. Higher ata. Badass guns. ATP made up with s-ranks, rares, and %'d weapons. Looks more.. approachable, and not like a 3 meseta prostitue in most cases (you can't argue against this one folks. Just look at almost every costume for the hucaseal)

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 10, 2002, 11:22 PM
HUcaseal's costumes aren't only 3 meseta!!! they're worth at least about 5 meseta....lol but seriously HUcaseal does have some costumes that look kool...most of them look like ninja/assassin outfits...a lot more realistic than a human wannabe android who wears a metal skirt...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wewt
Nov 10, 2002, 11:28 PM
On 2002-11-10 20:22, sMaRtAzZ wrote:
HUcaseal's costumes aren't only 3 meseta!!! they're worth at least about 5 meseta....lol but seriously HUcaseal does have some costumes that look kool...most of them look like ninja/assassin outfits...a lot more realistic than a human wannabe android who wears a metal skirt...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

This is why I prefer the male androids. They look like robots. Why have a human-looking face on a RAcaseal or a skirt, and why have a robot that's a wannabe ninja? HUcast is your Robocop wannabe, a robot. RAcast is just a huge robot.

EDarkness
Nov 11, 2002, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised that the vote is split at 14-14. My personal opinion is that the HUcaseal is sexy. Though, I do think the color scheme leaves something to be desired. That said, I've always been a fan of the RAcaseal. My current character is a RAcaseal and she rocks pretty hard. Since I make so much money I do rotate between the black outfit that looks more human and the yellow skirtless outfit. I find the yellow outfit to be rather sexy.

Though this kind of makes me wonder why androids don't have the option of changing their color much like every other type of character gets to change their hair color? This means that you're more likely to find robots that look the same online as opposed to variations of the same bot.

Anyway, my vote goes with the RAcaseal.

-EDarkness

Vandal
Nov 12, 2002, 03:11 AM
HUcaseal cause Ping-Chan is the cutest.

-...-

Lack of sleep does fun things to a person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vandal on 2002-11-12 00:17 ]</font>