PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Characters

CrazyLegs
Sep 22, 2006, 08:27 PM
Is there a way to completley abolish 1 character insted of saving over it? Jus wondering..

Dhylec
Sep 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yes & no.
Yes, if you are willing to wipe out the character file & start everything again. [not a good choice] ;]
No, you can't delete. You can make a new character in that slot instead. That's deleting. ;]

Kevino
Sep 23, 2006, 06:04 PM
i ran into that same problem. i just found it annoying that they are ther and it was tempting to use them but i didnt want to

EphekZ
Sep 24, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-09-23 16:04, Kevino wrote:
i ran into that same problem. i just found it annoying that they are ther and it was tempting to use them but i didnt want to

then just recreate the char and have fun with it making it look weird then when you're bored save it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Delfi
Sep 25, 2006, 04:20 PM
If you are on GC is there a way to reformat the card ? thuse deleting the character?

phongi
Sep 25, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-09-25 14:20, Delfi wrote:
If you are on GC is there a way to reformat the card ? thuse deleting the character?

...and every other character on the card.....lol

KojiroAK
Sep 25, 2006, 04:38 PM
@Delphi

Yes it's possible to format a Memcard.
Actualy i don't know how it works but a view in to the manual of Game Cube.

found it, Go into main menu of Game Cube (starting with no disc in GC or by pressing and holding A)
Then go to Memory Card Menu while no card is inserted in to a slot, then insert the Card in to a slot of GC and you will be asked do format your Card, chose yes.

But then all saves of this card are deleted.

Like if you Format your HDD on your PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-25 14:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-25 14:44 ]</font>

Tweengo
Sep 26, 2006, 08:46 AM
What does formating the card do anyway? Why do some games require the card to be formatted, thus deleting all saves?

OFFTOPIC: PS1 Rayman needed to be formatted. I chose yes and lost all my saves http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Red_Dragon_Jr
Sep 26, 2006, 09:04 AM
it's a mystery to me as well...
by the way, not to sound like a noob but how do i post this cool new BOSS picture i got from the quiz?
I havent been able to get on the computer much **
Nevermind i found out how!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Red_Dragon_Jr on 2006-09-27 05:59 ]</font>

Genoa
Sep 26, 2006, 12:53 PM
Formating is a way to clear everything off of a memory storage unit. For example, the old Floppy Disks for the A: Drives needed reformatting constantly due to bad areas throughout the disk from time to time, in order to not save on corrupted areas on the disk, you format the disk to clear everything from the disk and to find out the bad areas of the disk so that you can't save over them (because saving over a bad area would corrupt the data when you try to load it) Same with other memory storage units, it's just alot more common to have bad areas on Floppy Disks. If you have a PS2 Memory Card, maybe sometimes you get a Corrupted Block that you can't delete... well it's because the memory card detected the bad area and won't let you save over that area (but it takes up space to have that corrupted data there).
This is where Formatting comes in handy.

Kevino
Sep 28, 2006, 09:12 AM
On 2006-09-26 07:04, Red_Dragon_Jr wrote:
it's a mystery to me as well...
by the way, not to sound like a noob but how do i post this cool new BOSS picture i got from the quiz?
I havent been able to get on the computer much **
Nevermind i found out how!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Red_Dragon_Jr on 2006-09-27 05:59 ]</font>

getting off toppic i find how easy it is to edit the pic to get what you want. thats what i did.