PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman says:

Sayara
Sep 23, 2006, 11:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/DYJ.png

Actually, this is not related to Spiderman, or anything of that matter. I do not recall if i ever ranted about my work place here before (or probably at the chatroom i don't even know!)

Well recently we've got a new employee working in the wonderful world of produce. A kid type, i beleive 19 has a kid too i've heard (Not sure for sure.) kid like attitude, strong as an ox, great charisma.

Problem? He doesn't work. See at Giant produce unless theres absoluetely little work to be done there is always something to be done. Salad wall maintance, leveling, reloading/topping off produce, flower shop assist etcetc. This new kid so far we've had to pretty much demand that he gets things done. The max amount of things he's done is when Gus (our old man/awesome man/2nd hand of Produce) was around.

Otherwise he's not near produce, goofing off etc/etc. I mean its OK to goof off when theres little work to do/trying to kill time before night close [9pm].

This isn't the most of it. On three (i think three.) different occassions he's completely vanished for more than 40 minutes on his "break" which last 15-20 minutes (or 30 for lunch), Its one thing if it were once (he told me that he had to take his mother somewhere and blablabla) but three times? One of the other night workers already talked to Kevin about this and i talked to the front end about it cuz thats ridiculious. Getting paied 7 or so dollars to just leave and let the other workers struggle more when theres so much work to do is just uncool and unacceptable.

So mr employee worker.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/DYJ.png
or get lost.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 23, 2006, 08:22 PM
Every job has someone like that. We just fired someone, a 17 yr old kid, for the same reasons. He would come in, sit at the managers desk and text people, help almost no one and bitch at us for not teaching him the register. I was out for all of June with a fractured bone above my left pinkie toe, (yes it was on the job so no worries http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) and he was hired part time to help. I return and he gives me shit. What he DIDN'T know was that when the manager and assistant manager weren't around, I was in charge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He bitched at me, then complained to the manager about me giving him orders and how I had no right to do so. Oh the look on his face when he found out the pecking order. he was NOT a happy camper, but he also started to listen to me, at least a little. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh well. We're just glad he's gone./

Just let the boss know about the guy. He'll do something. Eventually, he'll get caught and be fired. 9 out of 10 times they usually are.

Sayara
Sep 23, 2006, 10:13 PM
I've been told both our produce manager and the store manager know this, and are keeping an eye on him. If he is caught he has to be watched by the union (we're a union) and caught by them = gone

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 23, 2006, 11:03 PM
That sounds like a plan.

These teens who act like they don't need the job that somehow slip through the cracks of the hiring process are a real burden to those that do come to work everyday to earn their paychecks.

There's always someone else willing to do the work in the stack of applications, so good riddance.

Kizaragu
Sep 24, 2006, 05:03 PM
Don't get me started on kids who don't work.
We have one 18 year old guy at our place who works maybe, 1-2 days a week as he's part time. He's whines consistently that he has it worse than everyone else. "Oh I'm always filing games" or "I always have to do that!"
Well hello buddy, that is your goddamn job! I do the same thing 5 days a week, compared to your 1-2. what's worse is, he'll always try to get out of it, or make his job a hell of a lot easier on himself and a hell of a lot worse for us.
Take Saturday for example.

He comes in on his 6hr shift (compared to our eight), picks up a shedload of games (I work in a CG shop) and decides, that despite it being a busy saturday, he'll go round the back and do them there away from all the prying customers that we need him to serve. His reason? "It'll be easier to gut and file them from back here, undisturbed."

Translated: "I'm a lazy sonofabitch, who wants to do the exact same task you do during the week. Also at best, half the speed if at all. I also need to do this away from the shop floor unlike the rest of you as I'm clearly uncapable. Plus it means doing even less work."
It gets worse...
He does the easy part of the task, removing them from the cases and then... THEN brings them round to the front, for US to file and for US price up. In short, the guy was doing a completely pointless job, yet adding to OUR workload.

This guy was re-employed after being one of our worst christmas temps six months previouse.
To add insult to injury, I'm the one who suggested we take him back on as he "Wasn't that bad...". DOH!
Be careful what you wish for.