PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Character to get to Ultimate?

Tourach
Sep 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
what do you think is the fastest character ( and section ID) to get to Ultimate starting from scratch?

Post your reasons and tactics

Btw, im using PSO on the PC (Not blue burst) and im offline

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tourach on 2006-09-23 15:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tourach on 2006-09-23 15:02 ]</font>

Dhylec
Sep 23, 2006, 06:42 PM
Going via Ep.1 is easier, but can be longer. Ep2 can be shorter, but harder.
It's best to have hand-me-downs from strongers characters weapons, armors, items, units, mags - aka tweaking - to ensure the survival in the rush through the areas at low levels. Also, knowledge of the enemies & bosses are important.

Undeadpriest
Sep 23, 2006, 07:40 PM
If you have a high level characters...give him some of your weapon/equipment from your inventory!

Genoa
Sep 23, 2006, 09:57 PM
RAmarl - Skyly - S/D/J/Z - Fastest way I reach Ultimate.
If you're talking about V.1 and V.2... then i'd probably say RAmar or HUnewearl. S/D/J/Z are usually what does it for me.

Tourach
Sep 24, 2006, 02:43 AM
what is a S/D/J/Z

RubyEclipse
Sep 24, 2006, 03:07 AM
S/D/J/Z = Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure.

Shifta and Deband will boost your ATP and DFP stats for a period of time, and Jellen / Zalure will lower enemy ATP and DFP just the same. These spells also work on most bosses, and are critical in later stages of the game, especially if you want to solo effectively.

Drakorn
Sep 24, 2006, 03:52 AM
I think the fastest way of getting to ultimate is a HUnewearl, like what people said it is best to get some weapons from your stronger characters, DB sword is only 80 atp to reach, so if you choose a hunter and got a DB sword then there you go

or another character, FOmar, yes i know its hard but i think it is quick to reach with him as because i have 13 FOmars, 6 are gone and 7 i still have, i got a level 30 FOmar now with megid so its incredible easy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Good Luck to what you are doing

Drakorn
Sep 24, 2006, 03:56 AM
oh and Welcome to PSO World

Hrith
Sep 24, 2006, 05:06 AM
FOnewearl, duh.

CellarDoor
Sep 24, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-09-24 03:06, Hrith wrote:
FOnewearl, duh.

2nd that

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 24, 2006, 10:04 PM
[quote]Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2006-09-24 03:06, Hrith wrote:
FOnewearl, duh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd that

ummmmm im 3rd lol im dumb

BlueKnight
Sep 25, 2006, 09:08 AM
I like to use the Hucast It will help with there HP so high and the defense is ok. But my Fomar with the shifta and deband is good but you will have to use alot of fluids and it has low HP and the defense is not too good. But the Husast is jest as good with its power by useing any good wepon but the defense is ok but better than the fomar. My Humar is mid range character but it has Jellen and Zalure witch that helps him out allot. So I think any character will be good with the right wepon or spells you use. So what are you looking for in a Character ? Every character is good but thay all have there problems to. good luck on finding the right one for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueKnight on 2006-09-25 07:10 ]</font>

PMB960
Sep 25, 2006, 09:15 AM
Fonewearls although I prefer FOnewms since they have a bit more HP and DFP. They can probably get to Ult. almost as fast as a FOnewearl.

sushiman
Sep 25, 2006, 02:23 PM
I used a RAmar with a frozen shooter. I have a HUcast lv. 135 and he gave him the best equips which made in go to ultimate in lv.39.

xxTrystanxx
Sep 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
I think most people who replied to this post missed one particular piece of information -- STARTING FROM SCRATCH.
I have never played PSOPC, so I really don't have a lot of expert knowledge of that version. But I'm assuming that you are looking for what class is fastest WITHOUT having lots of hand-me-down equipment from other characters. That being the case I'd recommend against using a FO as you'll go broke quite often. I would have to agree with Megaman that a HUney might be your best if only for being able to use Shifta and Deband to boost your stats, and Jellen and Zalure to weaken your enemies.

BlueKnight
Sep 25, 2006, 03:52 PM
I think a Ramar will help with is Shifta and Deband and I think thats all you need with my Ramar and it helped me out. My Ramar is lv 195 now.
I never had a Hunewearl.
good luck

Tourach
Sep 26, 2006, 10:27 AM
Yes, xxTyrstanxx is right, i said starting from scratch. I cant get handmedowns because i dont know how to transfer items from one char to the other(im OFFLINE). Also add the Section ID you would choose, because starting from scratch, your drops are big factor in your developments.
Currently my choice is between RAmar and HUnewearl. I've tried a FOnewm but i cant beat the dragon ( keep on hitting 6's and 7's -_-). If you think im wrong please post why. And if you post your choice of char please say WHY!! If you just say "FOnewearl duh" its pretty useless because i dont know what to do with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tourach on 2006-09-26 08:30 ]</font>

BlueKnight
Sep 26, 2006, 11:05 AM
I would say RAmar I think it is one of the eases character to learn.
section ID I would choose from would be ((Purplenum)),((Viridia))or ((Greenill)).
you will find the right gun's and launcher you need. I have an Humar that has ((Viridia)) I find allot of shot's and gun. I found a Red Scorpio and a L&K 14 Combat witch they are cool weapon for a RAmar not a Humar. I find all those weapons on my Humar character all the time and its sucks.
If that will help's you or not.

Genoa
Sep 26, 2006, 12:45 PM
RAmar's pretty easy to use, though they don't have J/Z, they still do quite well. HUnewearl is a great choice but her ATA isn't that superior, so that's why i'd probably pick RAmarl over her to race to ultimate. HUnewearl does quite well when her ATA is high, but if you're not leveling in that area and going strickly for ATP... then you'll have a pretty ubber HUnewearl that can't hit much -.-
But you also have the challenge of finding Tech Disks for RAmarl... so this is where RAmar might be a better choice to rush. He really only needs S/D and Resta >_> maybe Anti too. Maybe find some good Rabarta for crowd freezing. And I agree with BlueKnight on either Purplenum, Viridia, or Greenill for your ID.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-09-26 10:46 ]</font>

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 26, 2006, 02:31 PM
the reason your hitting 6's and 7's is because your doing melee i suppose........ use some tech's and you'll beat him easy barta is good and if you have a wizard/tech or better that helps when you fight him but if you run out of fuild then get a saber or a gun to beat him

KojiroAK
Sep 26, 2006, 02:59 PM
@Thourach

On GC all you need is a second controler, than go to Multimode, from this point you should know what to do.

Tourach
Sep 26, 2006, 04:48 PM
@ Lunch_B0xo4 - actually i was using zonde, you have to get really close to use barta, which is annoying.

@KojiroAK- i have PSO PC, no multimode =(

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 26, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-09-26 10:45, MegamanX wrote:
RAmar's pretty easy to use, though they don't have J/Z, they still do quite well.

Actually, because he's using PSOPC, any RAmar he makes will be able to get Jellen and Zalure. Remember that PSOPC is based on PSOv2, which means that he has access to HUmar, HUnewearl, HUcast, RAmar, RAcast, RAcaseal, FOmarl, FOnewm and FOnewearl. All of which can use any technique; most up to 15, HUnewearls up to 20 and FO's up to 30.

Honestly, for just getting to Ultimate quickly, my personal reccomendation is a HUcast, and especially not a HUnewearl. HUnewearls are too squishy. They have low ATP for a hunter, which means that it takes forever for them to be able to use better hunter weapons, and their ATA is low which means that by the time you can use a gun, it is far underleveled for the area you're in. Slightly higher MST makes for better S/D/J/Z and all, but without the ability to use higher level weapons earlier on, it just doesn't make up for the lack of ATP.

So use a HUcast. They have the highest ATP and a great deal of HP. They actually solo quite well. As a general rule, try to use swords instead of sabers or daggers. Daggers are good for dealing out fast damage when you've only got one enemy to deal with (ie, the Dragon), but under most circumstances you'll want use a sword to take down entire groups at once. They just fall quicker that way. Also, remember that it's best to do a two-hit combo then dodge when fighting most slapping enemies. Only do a three-hit combo when you're sure it'll fall.

My alternative reccomendation is a HUmar. Higher ATA than the HUcast means you'll be less likely to miss, though your ATP will be marginally lower. Your HP will also be lower, but you'll still have Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure to back you up, which means that once you get to Ultimate, you *might* be able to hit and do some damage.

If you weren't specifying that you want to get there fast, I would suggest a RAcast. High HP, DFP and ATA come together with HP regeneration to make a mighty warrior that's rather more useful in Challenge Mode than is the RAmar. You'd take forever getting through, though.

So I still suggest a HUcast, but a HUmar will probably do well, too.

Hrith
Sep 26, 2006, 06:12 PM
If this is to get to Ultimate fast, Meira, then any android is right out, because they cannot heal enough to withstand bosses while underleveled.

On version 2, HUnewearl's techniques max at Lv.15, like any Hunter or Ranger.

I say a FOnewearl with a few God/HP units will be there the fastest.

FOcast
Sep 26, 2006, 06:33 PM
But he's said, from scratch. Finding God/HP's comes later on in the game- and aren't real common; or at least not for me..

Any case, Greenil RAmar's always been the first of my characters to get to the high shineys; though my FOnewearl's usually the second there. Stupid pre-boss level-buffing.. *2$*

DONTOSE
Sep 26, 2006, 08:20 PM
hucasts are good to use if you want to get to ultimate fast thier all powerful atp dfp and thier great hp makes them unstopable i beat all the boss fights like they were nothing on any level in normel mode i beat the dragon on level 3 then on hard i beat him on level 25 then on very hard i beat him on lv 50 then on ultimate i bet him on lv 67 and i did this with out any help i started from scratch so ther you go thats how i beat it and i did it in 79:10 thats how long it took me.

Nogatorr
Sep 26, 2006, 11:22 PM
Last time I started from scratch I got to SIl at lvl 64 with Mah HUcast.

PMB960
Sep 26, 2006, 11:30 PM
FOnewearls are really good but you can't melee with them. They can do more damage to multiple enemies than any other character at a low level. All you need is a low level Barta and the boss is a joke. Forces can also hit enemies when they are outside the room once you get to a higher level. I beat Ult. with a Fownewm at level 82 without helping him by giving him techniques and it took under 1 1/2 hours to get through Ult. Ruins and beat the boss.

Tourach
Sep 27, 2006, 10:17 AM
does anybody have any level suggestions for a HUcast against De Rol Le (normal mode)?

BlueKnight
Sep 27, 2006, 02:15 PM
I would think a nice Buzooka like , Gilty Light ,Photon Loucheror Red scorpio.
A nice Shot class will help you out to like Final Impact or a cruch bullet
try that out.

The Racast's are verey nice to. I have one a lv 200.
His HP is at 2214 with out any hp units equip.
The Def is verey high to. good luck with him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueKnight on 2006-09-28 09:47 ]</font>

Saffran
Sep 27, 2006, 04:58 PM
Hucast? Lv 15 is ok. Level 11 is enough if you have found a strong weapon on the way to the boss. A strong weapon meaning a Spinner with positive % on AB.
I think my Humar beat De Rol Le at lv 9 or 10, but Resta helps a lot.

Kevino
Sep 28, 2006, 09:04 AM
it took me 100 hours to get to ult the first time