PDA

View Full Version : Challenge mode changes

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 5, 2002, 10:03 PM
Androids get Freeze, Damage, and Confuse traps.
They seem to refill at level up.

HP materials give 10 max HP. Nice for C9 forces.
TP materials give 10 max TP.

Anything else?

Castoth
Nov 6, 2002, 01:04 AM
Doesn't sound like much of a challenge anymore...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 6, 2002, 01:10 AM
On 2002-11-05 22:04, Castoth wrote:

Hehe. All the while HUcast and HUcaseal will be running the show with refillable traps, regenerating HP, and the most ATP and HP availible.

Who knows, maybe they will make like 18 stages!

Vandal
Nov 6, 2002, 01:41 AM
I heard the stages are harder to make up for the more powerful chars... Just speculation though, never tried C mode myself yet.

Rhete
Nov 6, 2002, 02:22 AM
The item distrubution in GC PSO is a lot slower than in the dreamcast version. You find stuff like brands and busters a lot later than you would in DC. Assuming this holds true for Challenge mode things will get much harder later when you're using a brand in ruins instead of a buster or pallasch. Oh, and the new % system too will harden things up a lot too. No more HUcas...eal owning falz with 45% dark mechguns

Wewt
Nov 6, 2002, 05:21 AM
On 2002-11-05 22:04, Castoth wrote:

Correct. My FOnewearl was able to do 90(!) damage in C2. That almost wipes all the HP off Evil Sharks.

Maelkith
Nov 6, 2002, 08:19 AM
one bad change is for the hucast. with less ATA he will not be able to use guns on C2 to save mates. The hucaseals sword animation is also a factor as she can't tank against a shark swarm as well as the hucast. i guess we wont be playing "follow the android" in cmode anymore lol.

VulpesMundi
Nov 6, 2002, 08:57 PM
The way the default stats go, I'd say it's a toss-up between HUmar and HUcaseal as the best HU class for c1 now. Keep in mind that HUm, HUc and HUcl all start with the same ATP (45 if I remember correctly). HUc and HUcl start with 44 HP I think, and HUm with 40. For ATA HUm is 68 (can use handgun right away), HUc is 64 (cannot use handgun at all), and HUcl is 71 (high % handgun go-to gal). HUms also have the advantage of MST, higher DFP and higher EVP (if I remember correctly). Plus, HUms have a better saber animation than HUcls. So you it kinda balances. The HUm advantage weighs heavily on high % sabers, whereas the HUcl advantage is on high % handguns. Just food for thought.

HUcaseals pretty much take over what the HUcasts used to do in terms of gunplay. Heck, even the HUmar starts with better ATA than a HUc. I dunno if it remains that way as they level, but the way stats work in this version of PSO even 1 ATA makes a HUGE difference IMO.

There are still Assaults in Ruins 3, so a HUcaseal should be able to use them pretty quicky in c9 by my estimation. The question is, are they going to be as effective as they were before? Probably not, thanks to the weaker percentage system. Also, there are no longer Pallaschs or Railguns so Blades now become the HU weapon of choice (like they weren't already lol) and RAs are just gonna absolutely suck now. Forces were already highly chosen over RAs, but now they will completely wipe the floor with them. I hope they put the rest of the c-mode stages up soo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Icelight
Nov 6, 2002, 10:31 PM
Wow, having never played challenge mode (I only played Ver1) I'm getting really interested in it!

IF ONLY EB HAD THE DAMN BBA IN...I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER

^_^

HC82
Nov 6, 2002, 11:01 PM
It seems to me the HUcaseals high base ata will make her the choice hunter of Cmode genki fanatics. As for the rangers, I thought their early level stats were revamped so there better now. Although with FOs with their tech enhancements, better MST balancing, and plus the +10 hp per hp mat...

Oh, I still think that C4 - C7 walk/wiggle through rock glitch is in game. Atleast thats what I read on ragol forums.

Rhete
Nov 7, 2002, 02:32 AM
I just ran c2 with 3 other people, and I think its pretty safe to say that c-mode still lives up to its name of being a challenge. The team was 2 HUmars, a HUcast, and me being a FOnewearl.

Good things: HUmar ata is good enough for them to use a handgun right off the bat in c2. Androids are still very useful thanks to traps. I dont know how many they get, but seeing a whole room of frozen sharks is a life saver in c-mode. Tech damage is also beefed up, but since I'm a FOnewearl this may just be the simple tech bonus talking.

Bad things: Those freaking lillies! They seem to cast paralysis a whole lot more, AND I think you start c2 with less antidote and antiparalysis. 3 of each I think. It got to the point where everyone had run out of antiparalysis and was getting poisoned on purpose to continue fighting, and then we all ran out of antidote for a while, that was beautiful. Part of this problem may be that I'm used to running c2 with usually 3 or 4 androids, not 1. Another problem, techs are too expensive. Foie costs 7 tp (I'm thinking it was 5 on dreamcast) It may not seem lke a lot, but thats 10 foies for every monofluid. Timing your tp to run out right as you level is even more important it seems, as I tried to not use any fluids until the last 2 areas.

All in all, I can't wait to do c3 and tell people which switches to hit with no keyboard ^_^

Wewt
Nov 7, 2002, 12:15 PM
On 2002-11-06 23:32, Rhete wrote:
All in all, I can't wait to do c3 and tell people which switches to hit with no keyboard ^_^

Oh man, that was funny. I'm a C-mode geek by finding that funny... :/

Anyway, have fun doing it. I think you shouldn't bother trying to tell them with the last set of switches in the last area..

Gohanks
Nov 8, 2002, 09:22 PM
Bad news: Offline Cmode's rewards are HORRID except for two of the "God's Shield" items you can get. No S-ranks offline!? What a rip.

VulpesMundi
Nov 9, 2002, 05:28 PM
Here's a surprise update for GC PSO C-mode. The original item drop tables are virtually unchanged. That's right, except for the addition of the new % system, it's almost the same. You can still find Brands and Autoguns beginning in c3, Busters and Lockguns beginning in c6, and Pallaschs and Railguns in c9.

Other changes include HUnewearls being abit weaker than they were before. They have a higher ATA, but their ATP goes up slower. In c2 and c3 they need either 2 levels or 1 level and 1 Knight/Power to use a Sword or a Brand, respectively. I wonder how long it takes them to get a Buster in c6. It used to only take 1 level. Looks like a HUnny may be out of the running for a Pallasch in c9 completely. Ouch. Guess they'll get Blades or Halberts for sure now.

Also of note about the new % system is that weapons no longer appear with negative %. Not even in the shop. The only legit negative % is -5, and that's only possible by tekking a weapon with a default 5% stat. But why anyone would want to accept -5% is beyond me. lol

TeamPhalanx
Nov 10, 2002, 10:34 AM
On 2002-11-05 23:22, Rhete wrote:
Oh, and the new % system too will harden things up a lot too. No more HUcas...eal owning falz with 45% dark mechguns

Well, you're sorta right. They'll probably own Dark Flaz with their 0/0/0/70/40 assault.

I don't get why people keep saying the % system will make things more difficult. The weapons you find in challenge mode have awesome %; it's almost a guarantee that you'll find a 55% + weapon during any c-mode game, and 90% (seen a rifle with that) aren't uncommon either.

And yes - HUcaseals are Goddesses. Of course, this also takes the player into account. Too bad most players won't realize this.

Also, note that for C4, you can no longer go to the edge of the boat to avoid the laser beam attack.

And the biggest change in c-mode...

You can find resta - they're very common.

Vandal
Nov 10, 2002, 12:49 PM
I'm itching to play me some C now, and this time I think as a FO since they be a bit more than paper tigers these days. I'll be spending some time with my FOmar before I try it though, cause despite all my RA / HU experiance I'm still a newbie to FO.