PDA

View Full Version : new ranger

Tallus
Sep 24, 2006, 12:10 PM
ok, so i decided to recreate my existing ranger because i really don't need another skyly. i need help choosing which class my new ranger should be. i've narrowed it down to 3: RAmarl RAmar and RAcast. which one should i choose?
note: i allready have a stockpile of ranger weps for it to use.

xxTrystanxx
Sep 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
Meh. I like them all.

Do you already have a RAcaseal? or do you just hate them >_> ? RAcaseals r teh pwnage.

But seriously, it depends. If you're planning on doing some serious item hunting, or a lot of time soloing, I'd choose RAmarl, just for the S/D/J/Z.

Splash
Sep 24, 2006, 12:40 PM
RAmarl, for the fact it can cast Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure, and having all techs to LV20.

If you prefer brute force, a RAcast would be your choice, being having the highest ATP out of the Ranger class.

KojiroAK
Sep 24, 2006, 12:42 PM
Offline in Singleplayer i would suggest RAmarl cause of Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure.
Online or Offline Multiplayer, if u know you will play with Forcer, RAcast cause off his possibilities to deal damage (special with Shifta) and his weakness in Def will be compensatet thru Deband.

If you will play Online with no Forcer, RAmarl (lv.20 S/D/J/Z is even better than 15 or none.)

Short:
RAmarl if you will go sure to have S/D/J/Z.
RAcast for the better possibilities.

/edit: Great first post, and send it to late.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-24 10:54 ]</font>

Tallus
Sep 24, 2006, 03:06 PM
i'm going to be doing alot of offline solo-ing and a little multiplayer.
so far, the RAcasts power sounds great, and so does the RAmarls shifta/desband... hmm

guysmiily
Sep 24, 2006, 03:57 PM
all three are nice choices
i cant really decide because i have all three and love them all

i guess you choose the 1 you like best or which looks cooler

just make sure u have a strong mag and some good power units

KojiroAK
Sep 24, 2006, 04:22 PM
Then i would say RAmarl.
Specialy in the looking of Dark Falz.
With 10 Trifluid you won't get probs with healing and so on.
An when DF thinks he need to get a new dress, in his third form, u still can deal damage with foie.

But RAcast can get some problems.
In higher levels Monomate is nearby worthless.
so you would have, as RAcast, to carry 10 Di- 10 Trimates and 10 Staratomiser for sure.

And after Deband on yourself and jellen on enemys even the most Ult. enemys dont harm you to much.
With exeptions of enemys that don't do "physical" damage.

And with none Force aside of u, the damage that's RAmarl can deal with shifta shouldnt be much lesser than RAcasts damage, when not bigger.

Normal enemys aren't realy this big Problem.
Cause u can always teleport away when things getting worse.
But on Bosses u can't.
So i would say Bossfights are something realy to concern about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-24 14:27 ]</font>

Undeadpriest
Sep 24, 2006, 04:53 PM
I would suggest RAcast for their brute force...if you want to be accurate a lot choose a RAmar

arisen_devil
Sep 24, 2006, 05:38 PM
i've played with all ranger classes, and i must say: RAcast is my favourite. the regular power he has is more then enough (IMO at least), and if you can get S/D (even from mylla&youlla offline is lvl 20+ at max IQ i think), he kills everything in sight with a spread needle. i almost never use mates either... i just take my old trusty crush bullet everywhere i go (especially in boss battles), and after a quick freeze trap, your HP will be full again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . i don't like fleshy characters a whole lot: sure, they have techs, but i like traps and pure power so much more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif . (as you can guess the **cast are my 2 fav classes) .
in the end though, it all comes down to your playstyle : if you like droids and traps, go for the RAcast, if you like casting a little bit of techs and having resta, go for RAmarl.

CellarDoor
Sep 24, 2006, 06:04 PM
RAcaseal FTW <_<

But if that's not an option for you I'd go with a RAcast. The lack of Resta really isn't a big deal. Just learn to use traps and abuse the Spread Needle special and it's quite easy to keep the enemies at bay.

Too many RAmarls out there, get yourself a RAcast.

EphekZ
Sep 24, 2006, 06:58 PM
meh, RAmar/RAcast, RAmarls just suck and are ugly. With these classes it depends on your preference; do you like traps or techs? Since that "Brute force" RAcasts have is crap since, a RAMar with lvl 15 shifta has more atp then a RAcast. if you chose cast, then do what Cellardoor said, otherwise um just use that shifta?

Tallus
Sep 24, 2006, 07:30 PM
thanks for all the advice. i've narrowed the list down to RAcast and RAmar. the only techs i like useing are resta and zalure, so the RAmarls attach tech skills don't intrest me that much. more help picking one of the 2, (RAmar RAcast) would be greatly appreciated.

FelixFelicis
Sep 24, 2006, 07:44 PM
I suggest RAcast. I didn't go that far with my racast, but I thought RAcast will be better off than RAmar.. I tried both. Racast seems to be stronger at higher levels.. RAmar's atp is just way too low for you to use.

CellarDoor
Sep 24, 2006, 08:04 PM
RAmar is more solo-oriented whereas RAcast is more team-oriented. What I mean by that is a RAmar is generally easier to solo with, and a RAcast will really shine in a team (especially with a Force). However if you know what you're doing, it's easy to solo with a RAcast, or be useful in a team with a RAmar.

It just comes down to your playing style. If you have access to S-Rank weapons, a Shot or Needle with Zalure will make soloing with a RAcast a walk in the park. If you don't have access to S-Ranks you may find it difficult to solo in a few areas on Ultimate with a RAcast. If you're offline all areas are cake to solo, especially if you're decently leveled with good equips.

My advice would be to try them both out. If you have the time try to get one of each to Very Hard or Ultimate and then see which one you like best.

but you should really pick RAcaseal

EphekZ
Sep 24, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-09-24 18:04, CellarDoor wrote:

but you should really pick RAcaseal

indeed

edit: you never told us what class you used before...Was a RAcaseal?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-09-24 18:34 ]</font>

xxTrystanxx
Sep 24, 2006, 09:11 PM
Racaseals are made of win and awesome.

BlueKnight
Sep 25, 2006, 09:47 AM
I like the Racst and the Ramar thay are both good.
The Racast is good with there HP and ther defense is good to.
the Ramar is good with there Shifta and Deband that helps them out. When I use the Shifta most enemy will die when I do one combo.
So I like them both.

-EZC-Rougler
Sep 25, 2006, 10:16 AM
I would choose a RaMarl with ID bluefull because RaMarl can shoot as far as well and bluefull is a good ranger ID i think

KojiroAK
Sep 25, 2006, 10:27 AM
RAmar hasn't Jellen and Zalure.
Which can give you a real benefit.

@Rouger
It would be new for me, thats range is based on the character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-09-25 08:28 ]</font>

Psyclone
Sep 25, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-09-24 19:11, xxTrystanxx wrote:

And cute!

JohnBerserker
Sep 25, 2006, 03:23 PM
My preference would be a RAmar, and if your playing the DC versions you can get all the techs as long as you unlock them in episode 1 first. otherwise i dont know if you can get them even if you cheat.

BlueKnight
Sep 25, 2006, 04:51 PM
Racast is strunger out of them all.
Thay are like a walking wall. yes the Racaseal might have better defense but the Racast is more power full and the HP I so high nothing can compete with it. My Racast HP is at 2248. So if you get hit you have alot more to play with and survive almost every thing.
Try that out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueKnight on 2006-09-25 14:59 ]</font>

EphekZ
Sep 25, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-09-25 08:16, -EZC-Rougler wrote:
I would choose a RaMarl with ID bluefull because RaMarl can shoot as far as well and bluefull is a good ranger ID i think

Bluefull is the worst ID...for all classes..and your sig is too big, read forum rules...

also, Really though all RA classes are good(except RAmarl >>) so just try them all out get em to a good level, like get em to vhard or something, if you dont like the char just start over

BlueKnight
Sep 28, 2006, 08:43 AM
I say the best Section ID for a ranger would be (Viridia) (Purplenum) and (Redria).

Kevino
Sep 28, 2006, 09:01 AM
On 2006-09-25 08:57, Psyclone wrote:

And cute!

And Metal! Mabey she has a built in toaster so i can make poptarts!

BlueKnight
Sep 28, 2006, 11:40 AM
What is with you and pop tarts if you what pop tarts go make some.
There are some people would like some help and advise not talk about pop tars. Go talk about pop tars some were ells. thanks.

Lunch_B0xo4
Sep 28, 2006, 01:13 PM
this is a good thread alot of info which makes me question weather my RAmar was the best choice but im getting pulled in both directions i used to hate Rangers but i have a new love for them and a sort i hate because of there lack in tech ability. but if you kan continue to explain the RAcast so i can make a choice that would be great

xxTrystanxx
Sep 28, 2006, 02:48 PM
For a long time I didn't like Rangers at all. A lot of people here like the RAcast, they have a lot of good qualities, such as high ATP (which means they melee almost as good as HU) but for some reason, I just can't get into them. I've tried all four classes and the only one that can keep my interest are RAcaseals. I'm not sure why exactly...

KojiroAK
Sep 28, 2006, 02:58 PM
Well RAcaseals have more DEF so the most time they use less Mates.
Cause they lose less HP each hit from a enemy, they landing lesser on there back at a hit.
(well RAcast do this pretty often).

I think it's also a point of how they look.
RAcasts look a little bit like boxes.
And they do this penetrate walking noise.
And for me it feels a little bit like they are walking slower than others.
(actually i'm not sure since i didn't realy tested it)

phongi
Sep 28, 2006, 03:45 PM
FOnewearls are made of win and awesome.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Genoa
Sep 28, 2006, 05:55 PM
RAcaseal - Viridia (IMO) .... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif
RAcast does have the HP and ATP... but RAcaseal has incredible DFP. As stated, RAcast can barely do anything with Monomates (and later) Dimates. Though his incredible HP doesn't even start taking effect over the HP growth of a HUcast until the upper levels... the HP is great for when you're against attacks that aren't resistable by DFP, EVP, or Resists...
RAcaseal is still the awesome IMO... and many others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
EDIT: RAcasts might hit the floor more often because of their HP > DFP... but in many cases when playing online... that's the best thing that could ever happen to someone. You should understand what I mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-09-28 15:57 ]</font>