PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Don't repeat my mistake...

Vandal
Nov 6, 2002, 02:22 AM
Remember in DC ver how when you dropped tons of stuff they wouldn't draw in, but would still be there? Well ... It ain't that way any more. If you don't see it any more, it ain't there any more. My mistake was made when trying to transfer 80+ disks that Boman had accumulated and an Inferno Bazooka and a Del Saber's Shield, angel/minds, elf/arms, etc.. etc.. This equipment was among the first things I dropped of course, so they were the first to go once I had about 50 things lying around.

I didn't think anything of it at first, but Brimstone knew something was terribly wrong pretty quick. So like the subject says, don't screw yourself by dropping m4d it3mz when transferring. Everything past 50ish gets erased.

*sniff* I haven't even seen anyone else say they got an Inferno Baz .. Still haven't since I lost mine ;P I haven't seen anyone else use a Del Saber Shield besides Boman either and I'm really lucky on that part, I had 2.

Wewt
Nov 6, 2002, 06:30 AM
I think the limit was 40. I, too made that mistake, but it was on v1. I learned http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

I guess you had to learn about it the hard way. There is a way around it, though... Simply drop items in one of the levels. This way, you could easily drop every single item that you own, and not lose a single one of them in the process.

Vandal
Nov 6, 2002, 08:49 AM
Are you sure in v1 they were ERASED? I think I remember my friends dropping 1 meseta about 300 times and the old ones re-appearing as you picked up the newer ones. Maybe I'm just crazy though X.x

saffaya
Nov 6, 2002, 08:54 AM
You lose items that way since v1.

And using other levels to drop items can work well, except :
If someone is actually playing that level.

By playing the level, he/she will have items dropped on the floor : from monsters, from open boxes.
These will count against the max item capacity of the level.
So you may well loose your precious items that way too.

Kayumi
Nov 6, 2002, 10:03 AM
The manual warns about that happening quite explicitly, actually.

Vandal
Nov 6, 2002, 10:52 AM
DOH ... And RTFM is one of my favorite expressions too >.<

Wang_Tang
Nov 6, 2002, 10:55 AM
Ouch dude, thats gotta hurt. have you tried to see how much you can xfer in offline multi?

Vandal
Nov 6, 2002, 11:03 AM
Nah, but I'd guess its the same. Ah well, lesson learned, and at least I've warned one person who didn't know about it either.

Icelight
Nov 6, 2002, 12:55 PM
Well you've warned me...I had no idea that that happened ^_^