PDA

View Full Version : XBOX --- PSO POLL

dvs69
Nov 6, 2002, 02:36 AM
When do you think PSO will be released for XBOX keep in mind that microsoft has full posession over the game. Also keep in mind of the many other titles that xbox live is going to support on the day of release and dont forget that Marvel vs. SNK : EO was announced its release on november 15 just recently. What do you guys think?

Kent
Nov 6, 2002, 06:19 AM
I'm hoping for a November release. It'd also be a smart move to release it at Xbox Live launch.

Maelkith
Nov 6, 2002, 08:32 AM
i am hoping for a november release, but as a realist i think that it will be a worldwide launch in january. if it is released in november i will be very happy, but i dont want to get my hopes up.

Nidarrock
Nov 6, 2002, 10:53 AM
I think it will be a January release. However I also feel it is possible for a December release. I feel Microsoft doesn't want too many third party games competeing witht thier own games at Live's launch. PSO might give the rest of the games a run for their money. Just my opinion though.

GaMMa
Nov 6, 2002, 02:36 PM
But I can't wait until January http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Plus wouldn't it make sense to release before Christmas to get more cash because Christmas sales are always usually the best? Cmon November release!

Kalbelgarion
Nov 6, 2002, 03:04 PM
It could very well be any of those choices.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Microsoft's planning something big with PSO and the XBOX Live Starter kit here in the States...

Kent
Nov 6, 2002, 05:37 PM
On 2002-11-06 12:04, Kalbelgarion wrote:
However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Microsoft's planning something big with PSO and the XBOX Live Starter kit here in the States...

I have a similar feeling... call it "gamer's intuition," it's very likely that Microsoft has something up their sleeve. Maybe they're going to pull some big contest or event reguarding PSO/Xbox Live?

ChokingVictim
Nov 6, 2002, 07:36 PM
call it cynicism, but i don't think PSO is high on their list concerning xbox live, i hope for a jan release, but it could well be late in spring... this is just too niche-y a type of game.... shame, with the voice chat and download system they've got planned for the system i think it's gonna work great when it does come out, but i don't expect much fanfare among the mainstream gaming community to give a rats ass

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 6, 2002, 08:14 PM
I hope a November 02 release isn't too much wishful thinking. I really don't see any reason NOT to release it sooner than later. There will be no problems with not having a keyboard or availability of modem/BBAs. It's all covered. The game's done. Unless they have some weird marketing plan that would have them release it later? I mean, Sega doesn't have anything against MS releasing it stateside before it hits Japan, do they?

Lantis-of-Mages
Nov 6, 2002, 08:38 PM
i would like to say nov. but i haven't heard anything. and it's nov. already. i'm guessing for feb.

RuneLateralus
Nov 6, 2002, 09:17 PM
I am hoping for a release this month as well...

I need my fix and getting a GC, PSO, a memory card, and a modem is not finacially possible for me at this point. So, I can hope, can I?

MindSparky
Nov 7, 2002, 12:22 AM
hmmm how interesting. Havn't been back here for about a year and the site is still up and running. ^_^

November release would be great but unlikely. Most gamers are looking forward to killing other people constantly (unreal) or playing big fat american bash head game (football).

Etrigan
Nov 7, 2002, 01:18 AM
Big fat American football... that's a joke right? Pro football players are some of the most in shape people in the world.

That said... I'll be buying an Xbox for PSO if a third party doesn't release a GC keyboard before pso-x's release.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Etrigan on 2002-11-06 22:39 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Nov 7, 2002, 08:01 AM
On 2002-11-06 12:04, Kalbelgarion wrote:
It could very well be any of those choices.

aint gonna happen. i know from a friend that the xbox live is only comming with 2 demo's of games n the us. xbox pso isnt gonna be here for a while. no one even has a release date for it. i asked around. some stores didnt even have it in their computers. one place told me that they had too many bugs in it that the game might have to be canceled.

y'all better hope they at least fix the framerate issue that the previewers had, who said the game was almost unplayable, and the unresponsive controls too. i'll have my friend dig up that article he read on that.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 7, 2002, 11:45 AM
On 2002-11-07 05:01, blue-hawk wrote:

aint gonna happen. i know from a friend that the xbox live is only comming with 2 demo's of games n the us. xbox pso isnt gonna be here for a while. no one even has a release date for it. i asked around. some stores didnt even have it in their computers. one place told me that they had too many bugs in it that the game might have to be canceled.

y'all better hope they at least fix the framerate issue that the previewers had, who said the game was almost unplayable, and the unresponsive controls too. i'll have my friend dig up that article he read on that.
Dig up those articles. I'd be interested to know where this information comes from before I'm inclined to believe it.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 7, 2002, 12:15 PM
i will. i cant get ahold of him today but i will deffinatly have him send it to me by saturday. i wont be around tomorrow much either... GWAR CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonicblue
Nov 7, 2002, 01:53 PM
It's been known for sometime now that the pack-in games for Xbox Live are a Moto GP demo and a Whacked! demo. Phantasy Star Online isn't in the Live kit and it's even been confirmed by people that have been able to buy the kit early. Target screwed up and some people were able to get the kit a week before it officially goes on sale. No PSO included sadly.

I hope it comes out before Christmas. I may end up buying the GameCube version if it doesn't. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SolitaryEcho
Nov 7, 2002, 01:53 PM
Oh yea! im definitely getting Xbox version(i dont have gamecube). Also I heard it comes with 3 MORE characters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif like a whole new class.

RellikTakahashi
Nov 7, 2002, 02:46 PM
If they have more characters you have to add the time to include them so no it won't be this month. sorry you fans who want it. MAYBE december but doubtful. Most likely either Q2-4 or January Feb, March

Tigertron
Nov 7, 2002, 03:32 PM
Actually it is just one more character. And the game is DONE nothing more will be done unless a big bug is found. The game is ready to go gold and be released. I am surprised at just how behind the people are here at PSO World if yall would hang out at Teamxbox.com you would know a lot more by now. Also i have subscirptions to both OXM and Gamepro. Gamepro's new issue confirmed the extra character. and the new issue of OXM (November issue) confirms that the game is done and in M% hands. Both issues speek very highly of the game and won't compare it to True Fantasy Live Online because it would be too hard.
-Tigertron-

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 7, 2002, 03:46 PM
They DID confirm that extra character? Good. And yes, I wonder how many people here know that the games is DONE, as you said. Since the Yuji Naka interview on Gamespot said it, we've known.
And because of that, THERE IS NO OBVIOUS REASON for them to delay this game till friggin next year! Unless they want to royally screw over Xbox owners who want PSO, or if there were some technical problems with the game.

Tigertron
Nov 7, 2002, 04:16 PM
A guy earlier stated something about the game contending with M$ own games but I doubt that. I do believe that something big is going down. No guys it won't be a pack-in for the U.S. if that is what u think i mean. What I mean is like a big release deal that's all of a sudden and HUGE with special things in the lobbys and stuff like tat plus they are having to prepare the servers for the game and things like that. Since the game isn't capable of being p2p it will be like the first game to be literally on the servers.