PDA

View Full Version : glitches and changes new and old, plus mag changes

FaendrylPSO
Nov 6, 2002, 06:40 AM
I started with a hunter and took the mag, and gave it to my ranger, leveling it to 10 to get

Kalki(ESTLLA)

I gave it back to my Hunter, and leveled it to 35, making sure DEX > POW + MIND

it should have turned into

Marutah(PILLA) , which is a hunter only mag

instead, it turned into

Mitra(PILLA), which is a ranger only mag

so now I'm stuck with this fugly mag. In the DC version you could change what mags you got through course of evolution by who you gave it to.

Now it seems whatever class evolves it first will be its class evolution throughout. This sucks =(

I also noticed they changed the HP units

I found a Dragon/HP unit off a nar lily and it gives 40hp.

in DC version it was

Digger/HP = 10
General/HP = 20
Dragon/HP = 30
God/HP = 40

They also left in the menu cheat, whereas you can bypass slowing down from bumping into a ton of floating mine traps, by just having your start menu up. No targeting = no slowing down near a target.

I'm willing to bet they left in the general,devil,god/battle unit bug too; where everytime you go back down to the planet you had to remove the unit and reequip it to get back your weapon haste.

I"m full of complaints today =(

Maelkith
Nov 6, 2002, 07:49 AM
But one good change they made is that you cannot sell your equiped mag by accident.At shops your mag does not appear on list of items to sell. I always made sure I kept my mag at the top of my inventory in previous versions after an unfortunate sale of a level 45+ mag when I was a noob. One less thing to be careful of. Hurray!

faceless
Nov 6, 2002, 10:53 AM
you've accientally sold mags? i've never accidentally sold anything higher than a brand

Etrigan
Nov 6, 2002, 11:43 AM
If you give a mag to a different character, you have within the spanse of one level up for it to change. That is, if I were to give a level 92 Kabanda to a ranger and feed it one item, it would change to a Soma. If I were to then keep feeding the Soma until it gained a level, it would stay Soma until I switched stat arrangements.

FaendrylPSO
Nov 6, 2002, 12:18 PM
^*&$() the server ate my long resposne twice arg...

Anyway...I wanted to go from Kalki(ESTLLA, Ranger only MAG) to Marutah(PILLA, Hunter only MAG), to Ribhava(FARLLA, Force only MAG, Invincible under the 3 conditions(boss/1/10HP/Bar-fill))

My point is, now that I evolved it with a ranger at level 10, at level 35 where I was feeding it with my hunter, it should have turned into a Marutah which is a Hunter only MAG, but it turned into a Ranger only MAG Mitra. (Dex > pow + mind)

It turned into a Ranger only mag while i was feeding it with my Hunter for several levels)

This seems to be something new with the GC PSO version. It seems whatever class first evolves your mag at level 10 limits the mags evolution choices at 35(and possibly 50) to only mags that class could make, regardless of who feeds it at those times.

Either way this BITES =(

I wish I could be more presice in my typing but after my post being eaten twice I can not bother.

faceless
Nov 6, 2002, 12:24 PM
i guess i'll se this soon since i gave my rangers my hunter's mags to evolve at lv10 too... guess they want to prevent mags having all the good photons with all the good stats too eh?

Maelkith
Nov 6, 2002, 01:30 PM
I also noticed that the traps can be evaded like the start menu trick just by opening quick select menu.

also you can check stats, information and % of weapons by hitting "X" when an item is highlighted on the quick select.

FaendrylPSO
Nov 6, 2002, 07:42 PM
Well, I just leveled my mag up to 50 with the hunter still, dex > pow > mind, and it ended up being Garuda; a Hunter/Force mag. So, I don't know if I had a glitch with my level 35 mag or if it's supposed to happed that way, where the class that makes the first evolution determines the second, or whatever.

To find out more about this, if it;s intentional or just a glitch, I'd have to do many more mag evolution tests. However I neither have the meseta or time for this, so I guess I'llleave it in others hands as time goes by on GC PSO..../sigh.

diospadre
Nov 6, 2002, 07:49 PM
i've evolved two mags with alternate characters and both changed into what i intended. these were at levels 55 and 100.

Etrigan
Nov 6, 2002, 07:52 PM
I raised a mag to varuna with a hunter. Then raised the varuna with a ranger to 35 and got Marutah. Both hunter mags. At 50 it turned into a Nandin, another hunter mag, fed by the ranger. At which point I transfered it to a Hunter type A, fed an antiparalysis, and got a Yaksa.

Looks like it is the original that affects the mid and final evo's. But the final can be altered before one level is reached after transfer. After that point, whoever takes the mag gets the new, altered evo for keeps.

VulpesMundi
Nov 6, 2002, 08:21 PM
On 2002-11-06 09:18, FaendrylPSO wrote:

Anyway...I wanted to go from Kalki(ESTLLA, Ranger only MAG) to Marutah(PILLA, Hunter only MAG), to Ribhava(FARLLA, Force only MAG, Invincible under the 3 conditions(boss/1/10HP/Bar-fill))

My point is, now that I evolved it with a ranger at level 10, at level 35 where I was feeding it with my hunter, it should have turned into a Marutah which is a Hunter only MAG, but it turned into a Ranger only MAG Mitra. (Dex > pow + mind)

It turned into a Ranger only mag while i was feeding it with my Hunter for several levels)

This seems to be something new with the GC PSO version. It seems whatever class first evolves your mag at level 10 limits the mags evolution choices at 35(and possibly 50) to only mags that class could make, regardless of who feeds it at those times.

Either way this BITES =(

Actually, this did happen in ver.2. I don't recall if it did in the normal game, but it certainly did in Challenge mode. I remember being on stage 8 and I asked a FO to feed my HU MAG so it would get a different PB instead of Golla. Well the FO fed it to 35 and it still became a HU MAG and still learned Golla. Always hated that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, I just leveled my mag up to 50 with the hunter still, dex > pow > mind, and it ended up being Garuda; a Hunter/Force mag. So, I don't know if I had a glitch with my level 35 mag or if it's supposed to happed that way, where the class that makes the first evolution determines the second, or whatever.

To find out more about this, if it;s intentional or just a glitch, I'd have to do many more mag evolution tests. However I neither have the meseta or time for this, so I guess I'llleave it in others hands as time goes by on GC PSO..../sigh.

I too tried a HU MAG for E1&2 and had this same result. I happen to like to get the PBs Estlla, Pilla, and Mylla&Youlla in that order, so I have a RA feed all my MAGs at level 10 and usually level 50 as well. It's certainly easier finding someone to feed MAGs when you can do offline split-screen. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

As for other glitches and changes (some of it is known, some of it isn't)...

PB combos no longer show the combo numbers. But they still work just the same.

Traps no longer spin when they've been set off.

Trap Vision (useable item) sucks ass now. They almost never work at all. And I hear that the Trap/Vision was removed. Sense Plate may become quite a popular armor among non-droids.

EVERYTHING can knock you down if it does a certain damage percentage of your maximum HP (not sure what that is).

Whenever you take or block a hit you get knocked back a little bit (very useful).

If you run thru water then run over dry land you'll leave footprints. You can also leave realistic footprints in the snow at the Sil Dragon's lair (as opposed to those dorky little circles in ver.2). And there's also real-time shadows on EVERYTHING that moves. Unfortunately, they're disabled on offline split-screen mode because it's a bit too graphically intensive.

Male characters have a new third attack in their sword animation and it REALLY SUCKS!

Female characters have a completely new sword animation. It looks kinda wonky, but works okay.

Female characters have a completely new slicer combo. Looks spiffy, but not really any different from the old combo.

Attack waves in the mine warp in sooner, usually about halfway thru the previous wave.

The item drop tables have been completely redone. There are no more common special weapons (like how DB's Saber, Varista, and Club of Laconium were in ver.1 and 2). You find basic weapons all the way thru Ultimate mode. It also takes longer in the game to find higher level basic weapons. For example in Normal mode: Brands and Autoguns used to show up in Cave 2, now they don't show up 'til Cave 3; Buster and Lockguns used to show up in Mine 2, now they don't show up 'til Ruins 2.

The value (in Meseta) of most items has changed. The stats on most weapons and armor has changed.

You don't have to go thru Episode 1 twice anymore to unlock the Ruins offline. It allows you to activate the pillars right away (thank God). Also, if you clear either Episode 1 or Episode 2 offline it will open both episodes for the next difficulty level, but you still have to open the individual levels on both episodes to access them (off and online).

That's all I can come up with for now. Shew. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Icelight
Nov 6, 2002, 10:39 PM
Mitra(PILLA), which is a ranger only mag

so now I'm stuck with this fugly mag

Hey hey hey hey hey! Are you calling my Mag fugly?

Well..I guess it is pretty fugly...my poor RAmarl...stuck with a damn ugly mag I HATE that damn Mitra..it looks like a damn beetle or something ^_^

Etrigan
Nov 6, 2002, 11:09 PM
I was wrong, they change every 5 or so levels.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 7, 2002, 01:20 AM
one thing, I hate the fact that you have to press start to get the auto aim off to dodge mines.

Lets say you see a bomb, do you: a) stop and look b) run as fast as you can. I think they meant to leave it in.

I haven't played much yet, but with a L20 RAmarl a partisian can really help at times. I never played Version2, so the fast weapon change along with a partisian at my side can really help if I get swarmed.