PDA

View Full Version : An interesting Question... Do Read

SLyNKee
Nov 6, 2002, 08:28 AM
Any one remember that how on v1 for DC if you had played online and registerd your serial numbers and if you took your character to a friends dreamcast and played offline it you corrupt your character if they had played their own game online and registered their serial numbers? Im guessing it was cuz the serial numbers did not much up when saving... Any way I was wondering if the same thing will happen on GC any one played in this sitiuation, im talking about 1 player mode not multimode

Kayumi
Nov 6, 2002, 10:09 AM
I'm guessing no, myself. Haven't had an opportunity to try yet, but considering how the single player mode doesn't even ask for the serial number, I'd say you should be safe. That, and I'm pretty sure the GC version registers the serial number to the memory card, where the DC version registered the serial number to the system's internal memory. I'd say it should work, and even if it doesn't, just trying to load your character on someone else's game disc and machine should tell you. I don't think trying alone corrupts the data--it just shows up as corrupt on the different dreamcast, and isn't actually damaged.