PDA

View Full Version : Memorable experiences already

Gohanks
Nov 6, 2002, 11:34 AM
Post yours? I'll start:

Me, my best friend and my sister were playing last Friday. My bud was a RAmar, I was a HUmar and my sister was a FOmarl. These were brand new characters that we'd made. So anyways, we go through the forest and reach the Dragon at the end with the party's average level being around 5 or so. We decide to attack (but thankfully my friend remembered to put a telepipe outside the boss teleporter.)

At first, things go well. The dragon falls on my poor HUmar twice but he survives both times. and we managed to get it really pissed off. It dives underground and I tell my sister (who has only played a little bit before) to start running to one of the holes in the ground where he dived. She does, but as I finish my sentence the @$^* dragon runs into my HUmar and murders him, then on its next charge it kills my friend's RAmar. We panic and I start yelling to my sister to cast Barta like mad when it gets on the ground, so she does and runs out of TP. Then she rushes in and slams it with the cane... somehow, she dies... BUT SO DOES IT. That's right, we were all DEAD but the cinema of the dragon dying happened, dear god it was hilarious. So we went back to Pioneer and went back to the bosses chamber just to see if it was a glitch or something, and it wasn't! The dragon's treasure was there. God, I'll never forget it =p

charr
Nov 6, 2002, 12:44 PM
That's hilarious. One smack from a cane.

Some of my best momements have been offline too. I really enjoy that new aspect of game. It's almost good enough not to go online anymore. I just wish I could split the monitors so we could see better.

fahdiz
Nov 6, 2002, 01:01 PM
I'm really enjoying the offline multiplayer as well. I've been bringing my GC to work and hooking it up to a video projector in our Media Services studio...sweeeeeeet. My workmates and I have been smackin' down boomas left and right (they're new to the game, I've been playing since the original DC version). Such a blast.

Although I must say that targeting is slightly more difficult in split-screen, even when you've got a big-screen view of the action. Ah well, c'est la vie - it's the price to pay for not having a modem/broadband adapter.