PDA

View Full Version : My Grandma Is In The Hospital One Day... I'm Told My Friend

Kuea
Sep 26, 2006, 05:19 PM
What's gonna happen tommorow? Will another friend die? Will a friend on here start hating me, get hurt, or just leave? Who Knows!

my life has officially taken a very sharp turn for the worse. My grandmother has recently taken a fall, and not a good one either. I woke up to a loud crash, and moans and screams of my Grandmother crying out in pain. Nice way to wake up, huh? So I run out of my room, go to my mom who was on the computer and tell her Grandma fell, I run downstairs to see grandma, and what do I see? she is sittign on the ground, bout her legs straight, but on her left leg, the knee was swelling, and even though her leg was straight, her ankle was laying to the left. So after alot of work, we finally got my grandmother onto the bed, she is still crying and screaming in pain as her knee continues to swell. so the ambulance is called and I'm just trying to keep my grandmother calm as we wait, she is having lots of trouble speakign right now, probably because of the pain.

well the ambulance finally gets here and two people come in to try and help her, after about ten minues, they need more help so a second ambulance shows up. After maybe another ten minutes, they finally get a way to get grandma out of the apartment, they put her on this thick burgandy sheet thing with handles on the ends to help pick her up and carry her out, but with the 4 people already there, they Still needed my help to carry my gramma out, in something that reminded me of a body bag...

well we finally got her into the ambulance and mom says she will ride up with the ambulance to the hospital with my grandmother. so I'm waiting outside with teh ambulance helpign them with a few last minute things when they say they can't wait anymore and that they need to leave to get grandma up to the hospital, so they leave without my mom. I go inside looking for my mom, and where do I find her? sitting at the computer, playing Conquer Online. so of course, I get pissed :/ very pissed. but with her there is nothign I can do, so I just leave her as she is.

so that day royally sucked and I wished it never happened. things go on, my mother is being her normal stressful baby, my sister is being her normal stressed out whiner, and who has to llisten to it all and try to keep them sane? Me. so I'm easily getting sick of this.

So now, apparently I slept for 21 hours based on what the away time was on IRC. I wake up and within a few minutes, a teacher calls me from school, she was asking me why I wasn't going to stride. apparently she was worried that I had heard that one of my friends died, and I was a little stressed otu so I wasn't coming. well she must have felt sorry when I told her why I wan't coming in, my grandmother, and felt even sorrier when I find out that my friend is dead.

So... how is that for ANOTHER nice way to start a day? everythign is just getting to me so much right now I'm having a hard time to not cry. I mean fuck, my chest is hurting, very badly to.

so if this isn't bad enough for me, I still have plenty of other thigns to worry and stress about. At the rate things are going with my grandmother, she won't be allowed to come back to home, meaning I will have to move as she pays the rent. my sister wants to move in to the basement of one of her co workers, and I don't know what my mother wants to do, she WANTS to go to vancouver, but I dunno if she can right now. and then there is me, I have no money and no job so I can't get a place by myself, or even with some roommate. So I keep worrying about all this housing problems as well, which probably doesn't help me at all, does it? :/

Oh, and before I forget, My grandmother, what was wrong with her is that her ankle was broken, AND dislocated, her replacement knee became dislodged and her hip, close to being fractured, but I Was told it wasn't. and since my grandmother is so weak right now, they can't operate on her, so her ankle is go ing to have to heal the way it is.

navci
Sep 26, 2006, 06:26 PM
*hugglez*
Best of luck, that is about all I can say. Wish I can do more.

BeeYee
Sep 26, 2006, 06:39 PM
aw man, that really sucks anul. Im sorry, i really am, i cant say that ive had a friend die, but i can imagine.

MaximusLight
Sep 26, 2006, 07:04 PM
Best wishes

Eauijhkuu
Sep 26, 2006, 07:10 PM
I've had a friend die.
I know what that must feel like, though it's really different for everyone. Seems like this huge void is affixed in your life and you can't fill it no matter how hard you actually try. And it seems as though the world should stop and lament your loss, but it's like no one actually cares about anything at all. It makes you do insane things too, because your psychological patterns start to quirk. But I had to realize that when I wake up each morning, that there's much more meaning in when I wake up now that my buddy's gone; There's alot of people I know who are going to go down this exact same road that I've gone through.

It's a tough time, but you can get through it; Your friend would really want you to be happy. I had to take into account that whatever I did, I was a personal testimony to how wicked awesome my friend really was. That was one of the least things I could do for him when he passed.

Be strong; it's not at all easy, but it'll heal.

Wyndham
Sep 26, 2006, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry this happened. things can't always go well, but that's not exactly helpful. I hope things go better, and I hate knowing you're this upset.
good luck, ok?

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 29, 2006, 04:49 PM
So far as your housing problem is going, I think that this is just about the point when youths end up moving in with their friends' families. I've an aunt and uncle that did this for a couple of my cousin's friends, and my wife's parents did this for a few of my friends, as well. I entirely expect that I'll be providing extended shelter to my own children's friends someday, myself. You may consider looking out for the potential for that circumstance, yourself.

You've had a couple of events hammer in that are going to impact your life rather greatly. You've just hit the end of one era, and the beginning of another. Anticipate some chaos in the coming month or two. From that chaos, you'll emerge a new, stronger person, and you'll have another period of stability.

Good luck, my friend.