PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Phantasy Star Infinity

Red_Dragon_Jr
Sep 29, 2006, 08:57 AM
This universe is so vast...
In one part of this grand conundrum lay a space colony called Arris.
In this colony, many hunters flock here to support the planet below called Omaad for a price of course...
One of many include me, Jr_666. The top hunters around here don't strut around callin' themselves the best however, there are a select few who do...
One of them is the sea-green RAcast called Lodoam...who just recently felled a powerful new creature called a Cerulean Assassin which he discovered deep within a ocean cave...anyway enough about him.
The best hunter around here is a HUcast called 13th Thanatos. His blood-red color is one of his trademarks along with the skillful use of a DURANDAL in combat. His partner is a HUmar called Seedle whose silver hair and SANGE-YASHA are his trademarks.
Me...I'm just a simple RAmar.
Ugh...it's gonna be a long day here on Omaad...
! gotta go! A group of Hildebears are closing in on me!

Chapter 1: So you call yourself "the best"

Red_Dragon_Jr
Sep 29, 2006, 02:21 PM
I fought against the group of savage beasts and knew not whether their attack was intentional or territorial.....i fought back nonetheless.
I suffered minor damage, clutching my right shoulder where one Hildebear struck me. I surveyed the gruesome scenery, the Hildebears lying motionless. I could not determine the reason for their attack....and that's when it hit me. I once heard of the same behavior in Hildebears from the planet Ragol and the incident related to it.
"Hey Jr., whatcha doin?" came Seedle's patronizing yet stern voice.
"I just killed off some Hildebears displaying strange behavior......almost like Ragol..." i replied hesitantly.
Seedle simply scoffed."C'mon! Like Ragol? They had ruins deep within that planet and it turns out it was just some old spaceship with "IT" in it."
"Do you think another "IT" could be on Omaad?" i asked, unsure of myself.
"Nah, those Hildebears were probably in a bad mood and were just itchin to draw blood...nothin more or less." Seedle replied leisurely. "Oh, and i have a message from Kyoku for ya!"
Kyoku is my "girlfriend" .....ever since the Hunter's Academy she's been following me every place i go...except today when i snuck out.
"What is it?" i asked, sighing.
"She want's you back up on Arris...says it's important...oh and 13th Thanatos and i are headin for Leglung Thacht...wanna come?" Said Seedle.
"Why are you going there?" i inquired.
"Thanatos says he found something there that he wants to show me." replied Seedle.
"I guess i will but i must attend to my "princess" first....i'll see you later..' said i and with that, i activated a Telepipe and went back to Arris.

(this is part 1 of 4...part 2 coming soon)

Red_Dragon_Jr
Sep 29, 2006, 03:47 PM
(part 2)
When i arrived back at Arris...the city was in a panic.
i saw many people with their hands upon their heads and 3 hunters with SNIPERS. The three were shouting something to the people that made them suddenly drop to the ground....it seemed like an order.
a nearby security officer stood next to me.
"It's a ransom." he said. "They want 12.6 Million meseta or they kill all the hostages."
"Why isn't security doing anything?" i asked.
"We are, son, but these hunters are smart...they've attached a bomb to this area and even our bomb experts can neither shut-off or disconnect the damn thing."replied the officer, a worried look upon his face.
Then i noticed one person shaking upon the ground that made my heart leap. It was Kyoku. I knew she was only a novice FOnewearl but she lacked the confidence to confront aggressive opposittion. The sight of her being kicked by one of the hunters made my hand twitch toward my weapon.
The officer gripped that hand quickly. "Don't do it, son, it's too risky. I can't stand the sight of it either but we can't do anything but wait until HERB.corp comes up with the money." he said, shaking his head.
He released my hand as i continued to gaze upon the hold-up. I could now finally hear the hunters' voices.
"C'mon, hurry up with the meseta or these people die!" cried one, kicking Kyoku again.
I'd had enough! I then ripped out my weapon and shouted "GIVE IT UP, YOU THUGS!!!"

(par t2 of 4...part3 coming soon)

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 29, 2006, 04:12 PM
While there's nothing wrong with posting a story in a high-frequency succession like you're currently doing (you may post your writings in whatever intervals you like, afterall), consider stretching out the time between the additions of chapters and such. This is beneficial for several reasons:

Gives more people time to read and respond, thus making better critiques possible.
You end up with more views per chapter
Most importantly, it gives you time to review and revise your work before you reveal it to the world.

As for intervals, I reccomend you space your additions out at least a day apart. Personally, if I find myself in a burst of creativity and have several chapters finished ahead, I like to post one a week (though, because of real life issues and other distractions, it's unfortunately not uncommon for me to go months without an adding another chapter). Remember: You come in for your next round before people can react to the first when you're trying to beat them down, but when you're trying to impress, you do things slowly, one stage at a time.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 1, 2006, 03:30 PM
Stickied.

Red_Dragon_Jr
Oct 16, 2006, 09:24 AM
MORE TO COME! IN 2 DAYS OR LESS!